Sign in to follow this  
Stygs

Limiting special powers

Stygs    20

And another problem:

I basicly tried to make a more powerfull version of the Scrin Lightning Spike - works fine so far, but being able to summon a tier3 defense building right next to the enemy tiberium field seems a tiny bit unfair. :>

So I had a couple of ideas how to limit where the building can be summoned, but I dont know how to code it:

Version A:

Prevent the player from summoning the spike on top of enemy units and have a 300 minimum distance from any enemy buildings. I can obviously use ForbiddenObjectFilter & ForbiddenObjectRange, but I cant use a different ForbiddenObjectRange for units and structures, meaning I could only use the power if no enemy is around (could be abused as a stealth detector).

Version B:

Prevent the player from summoning the spike on top of enemy units and only allow it near allied buildings. In this case I could use ForbiddenObjectFilter with a low radius, but I have no idea how to limit if to allied structures.

Any ideas?

Ravendark    33

Seeing it is a special power....think the battleship bombard or juggernaught specialpower ... you can set a radius arround a friend structure and fire the lighting spike dummy weapon that creates a ocl with the actuall spike within that radius?