Sign in to follow this  
Egozi44

Hammerhead Spinning around when unload squads

I have 2 issues I need help with

1. I moded the ST Hammerhead to have mores bones and have 2 sub objects that will function as sort of bunkers, I found out only recently that it causes it to sometimes spinning around in loop when you order it to unload squads in small spaces (Like next to building and etc) and do it in specific timing, I suspect it because the new bones/sub objects trying to avoid get touched by the building (or the bones just broken? though nothing else in terms of ability or animation seem to work wrong), the only way to stop the loop is to get the another hammerhead to bump the old one by moving next to it or load/unload squads near it, normal hammerhead that don't have modify bones and sub objects is unaffected

sshot0013 2

Dx

xD

sshot0016 3

Could someone take a "loop" on the xml and tell me if there's a way to force it to unload without dancing in the air?

SteelTalonsHammerhead.rar

2. I added new unit that came out form the GDI's airfield  the same way as the Hammerhead, however it take more time for it to descend compared to the hammerhead despite having the same Locomotor, Normal and TAXIING speeds, and ReinvisibilityDelay.

So what I miss here? how can I make it descend faster?

Kane annoyed by the fact that other being stuck with him in the skies!

Edited by Egozi44

upload the new units xml

Edited by Ravendark

I did..

You can't see it? (unless you meant the other unit that is not the hammerhead)

I will put the link here just in case

SteelTalonsHammerhead.rar

Edited by Egozi44

So it seem I have third issue, The descend plane I was talking about also have emp weapon but for whatever reason it keep target inf despite having filter, I included the weapon with the unit (in case you was asking for it xml the last time)

Could you look at the weapon and tell me what wrong?

Descend Unit+Weapon.rar

The only thing i can think of is that your condor uses the JetAI update and your hammerhead uses the TransportHelicopterAI update, and i'm thinking the JETAI update prob uses the take off and landing coding....so you might try adjusting those settings in the locomotor for example

TakeOffAndLandingSpeed="6"
TakeOffAndLandingSlowDownDelta="25"
TakeOffAndLandingSlowDownTime="1s"

But i'm just speculating here, for the rest i cant directly think of anything that could effect that behavior

as for your weapon

<SpecialObjectFilter
					Rule="ALL"
					Relationship=""
					Alignment="NONE"
					Include=""
					Exclude="INFANTRY AIRCRAFT HORDE HUSK"
					StatusBitFlags=""
					RejectStatusBitFlags=""
					AcceptModelCondition=""
					RejectModelCondition="" />

Rule="ALL" works like a AND function, so you basicly said Exclude any unit that has the following Conditions : It must be INFANTRY AND a AIRCRAFT AND a HORDE AND a HUSK

What you meant to do was OR : it must be INFANTRY OR a AIRCRAFT OR a HORDE OR a HUSK

So use Rule="ANY" instead and try that then.

Didn't work, the locomotor seem to make it wait few secs in the sky (if it not was my imagination...) but it seem to appear faster (I think)

it still target inf, this makes me wonder how the EMP filter does work despite having ALL rather than ANY in it's filter...

I will try change the emp next but don't think it will change anything... (better be save than sorry though)

Edit

didn't worked either but at least I confirmed the landing thingy was not my imagination, the unit's shadow appear right away but it seem like it just waiting there compared to before the changes where the shadow took time to appear and start moving down the moment it did, it may be just illusion crated by the descend speed

Edited by Egozi44

5 hours ago, Stygs said:

Your ActivateLaserNugget needs a filter too.

Adding this filter:

<ActivateLaserNugget LaserId="1" Lifetime="0.5s">
<SpecialObjectFilter Exclude="INFANTRY HORDE AIRCRAFT HUSK" Rule="ANY"/>
</ActivateLaserNugget>

to the ActivateLaserNugget  cause it to not being able to attack at all *_* (can't place the mouse on enemies)

Do I need to add enemies filter or any of sort?

Edited by Egozi44

Ok.. I sort of got it working somehow, it seem that in KW the Rule is buggy and ANY can cause things to not work at all, while ALL make them work but on random things?

Here the code (let me know what you think)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<AssetDeclaration xmlns="uri:ea.com:eala:asset">
<WeaponTemplate id="ZOCOMCondorEmpWeapon"
Name="ZOCOMCondorEmpWeapon"
AttackRange="250"
WeaponSpeed="999999"
FireSound="AudioEvent:ALI_RazorDrone_Weapon1Fire"
FireFX="FX_NODSpitfireFireHeroic"
FireVeteranFX="FX_NODSpitfireFireHeroic"   
ClipSize="4"
CanFireWhileMoving="True"
AntiMask="ANTI_GROUND ANTI_STRUCTURE"  
ReAcquireDetailType="PRE_FIRE">
<FiringDuration MinSeconds="0.75s" MaxSeconds="0.75s" />
<ClipReloadTime MinSeconds="0.2s" MaxSeconds="0.5s" />
<Nuggets>
<ActivateLaserNugget Lifetime="0.5s" LaserId="1">
<SpecialObjectFilter Rule="ALL" Exclude="INFANTRY" />
</ActivateLaserNugget>
<DamageNugget Damage="0" DamageType="CANNON" DamageFXType="ALIEN_CANNON">
<SpecialObjectFilter Rule="ALL" Relationship="ENEMIES" Exclude="HUSK" />
</DamageNugget>
<ParalyzeNugget Radius="5" ParalyzeFX="FX_NODBuggyEmpHit" ParalyzeType="EMP" DurationSeconds="3s">
<SpecialObjectFilter Exclude="INFANTRY AIRCRAFT UNATTACKABLE TIBERIUM_FIELD CIVILIAN_BUILDING TIBERIUM HUSK" Rule="ALL"/>
</ParalyzeNugget>
</Nuggets>
</WeaponTemplate>
</AssetDeclaration>

It can't and won't target inf and aircrafts, but for some reason CAN target enemies husks and some crystal tibrium that spawn only from red zone field (Ah?), But it won't do it automatically, any chance I can exclude these things? (I can see SpecialObjectFilter + IncludeThing coming >.>)

As for the locomator I still testing it but THIS:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<AssetDeclaration xmlns="uri:ea.com:eala:asset">
<LocomotorTemplate id="CondorEMPLocomotor"
Surfaces="AIR"
FastTurnRadius="50"
Lift="120%"
LiftDamaged="80%"
MinTurnSpeed="0%"
PreferredHeight="130"
BehaviorZ="SURFACE_RELATIVE_HEIGHT"
Appearance="HOVER"
PitchStiffness="0.5"
ForwardVelocityPitchFactor="-0.2"
LateralVelocityRollFactor="0.1"
AirborneTargetingHeight="30"
RudderCorrectionDegree="0.169"
RudderCorrectionRate="0.027"
ElevatorCorrectionDegree="0.103"
ElevatorCorrectionRate="0.016"
BackingUpAngle="0.5"
TakeOffAndLandingSpeed="9"
TakeOffAndLandingSlowDownTime="0.5s"
LocomotorWorksWhenDead="True"
AllowMotiveForceWhileAirborne="True"
Apply2DFrictionWhenAirborne="True" />
</AssetDeclaration>

Works quite right, what do you think?

As for the hammerhead, any ideas? I really don't want to throw the new bones or objects because of this bug Dx

Edited by Egozi44

Your specialobject filters in your dmgnugget and activatelasernugget should match up.

Try using the following in both:

Rule="ANY" Relationship="ENEMIES" Exclude="INFANTRY HORDE AIRCRAFT HUSK"

yeah, all SpecialObjectFilter NEED to be the SAME, otherwise one nugget will be able to fire the weapon.

Ok, adding this code:

<ActivateLaserNugget 
                     Lifetime="0.5s" 
                     LaserId="1">
<SpecialObjectFilter 
                     Rule="ANY" 
                     Relationship="ENEMIES" 
                     Exclude="INFANTRY HORDE AIRCRAFT HUSK"/>
</ActivateLaserNugget>
<DamageNugget Damage="0" 
              DamageType="CANNON" 
              DamageFXType="ALIEN_CANNON">
<SpecialObjectFilter Rule="ANY" 
                     Relationship="ENEMIES" 
                     Exclude="INFANTRY HORDE AIRCRAFT HUSK"/>
</DamageNugget>

Fix all what I mentioned above,  but now the ray fx is not visuble at all, guess that the activeteLaserNugger?

Also the landing been fixed (found the right speed)

Now just that ray and the hammer~

Edited by Egozi44

Make sure your game object has a </Laserdraw> section which matches the correct laster Id (id=1 i assume from the above code) and in the behavior section have a

<LaserState
				id="ModuleTag_LaserState"
				LaserId="1" />

as well.

Also as i haven't mentioned anything about the spinning hammerhead, got no real idea there. Could be your extra bones are interfering with his exit bone (if none is defined it will use its center(roottransform)bone). So no real clue on how to fix that, maybe give it a defined exit/entry bone (altho atm can't recall what it should be called, iirc that type of bone is hardcoded in the engine and needs a certain name, like EntryPos_1 or something like, not sure tho what the correct name was), but thats all speculation if it will even fix it tbh.

3 hours ago, Ravendark said:

Make sure your game object has a </Laserdraw> section which matches the correct laster Id (id=1 i assume from the above code) and in the behavior section have a

<LaserState
				id="ModuleTag_LaserState"
				LaserId="1" />

as well.

Also as i haven't mentioned anything about the spinning hammerhead, got no real idea there. Could be your extra bones are interfering with his exit bone (if none is defined it will use its center(roottransform)bone). So no real clue on how to fix that, maybe give it a defined exit/entry bone (altho atm can't recall what it should be called, iirc that type of bone is hardcoded in the engine and needs a certain name, like EntryPos_1 or something like, not sure tho what the correct name was), but thats all speculation if it will even fix it tbh.

Model already have these (or I couldn't see the lasers at all in the first place), you can see in the rar I uploaded, you may find something wrong with the laser code if you do.

As for the Hammi, well in general I think saying you have no clue is always better than make someone else on the other side wait and rise his hopes for nothing if you'll ask me ;P

Anyways~

I took the exact same bones the hammer uses, change the ID, added few more bones manually without using max (kill me... but max usually break things upon importing, no idea how it not happens to you guys) and told the game objects yo use them instead of the normal bones in the xml.

I suspect it have something to do with the locomator or with the hordetransport code as the separate MoveToPositionAndEvacuateSpecialPower seem to be uneffected (Still need to test it more btw...), it mostly happend when you press with certain timing on the unit's protriat in the hammerhead's slots next to some building, maybe the new bones give the box or physic hard time at evade the structure and the hammer need more time in order to land and go up?, if we could cooldown/cancel the option to take the units out when it in the middle of land/ascending it may solve it....

here the code

<HordeTransportContain
				id="9DC593B0"
				ContainMax="2"
				EnterSound="Asset not found in stream: [844D7B9F:3BBC9ABA]"
				ExitSound="Asset not found in stream: [844D7B9F:FD5D6589]"
				DamagePercentToUnits="0%"
				PassengersTestCollisionHeight="-1000"
				NumberOfExitPaths="1"
				DoorOpenTime="1"
				ObjectStatusOfContained="CAN_ATTACK UNSELECTABLE ENCLOSED"
				ModifierRequiredTime="100"
				KillIfEmptyTime="0s"
				ModelConditionsWhenNotEmpty=""
				PassengersInTurret="False"
				AllowOwnPlayerInsideOverride="True"
				AllowAlliesInside="True"
				AllowEnemiesInside="False"
				AllowNeutralInside="False"
				ShowPips="True"
				CollidePickup="True"
				EjectPassengersOnDeath="True"
				KillPassengersOnDeath="True"
				HasObjectStatusOfContainedEntry="True"
				Enabled="True"
				Slots="2"
				ExitPitchRate="0"
				HealthRegenPercentPerSec="0"
				ExitDelay="0"
				TypeOneForWeaponSet=""
				TypeTwoForWeaponSet=""
				TypeOneForWeaponState=""
				TypeTwoForWeaponState=""
				TypeThreeForWeaponState=""
				GrabWeapon=""
				ConditionForEntry="TOPPLED"
				ThrowOutPassengersDelay="0"
				ThrowOutPassengersLandingWarhead=""
				EnterFadeTime="0"
				ExitFadeTime="0"
				ReleaseSnappyness="0.7"
				ScatterNearbyOnExit="True"
				OrientLikeContainerOnExit="False"
				DestroyRidersWhoAreNotFreeToExit="False"
				ForceOrientationContainer="True"
				CanGrabStructure="False"
				FireGrabWeaponOnVictim="True"
				ShouldThrowOutPassengers="False"
				FadePassengerOnEnter="False"
				FadePassengerOnExit="False"
				FadeReverse="False"
				ExtendedExitContainerChecks="True"
				FlyOffMapOnEmpty="False">
				<PassengerFilter
					Rule="ANY"
					Relationship=""
					Alignment="NONE"
					Include="INFANTRY"
					Exclude=""
					StatusBitFlags=""
					RejectStatusBitFlags=""
					AcceptModelCondition=""
				<DieMuxData
					ExemptStatus=""
					RequiredStatus=""
					DamageAmountRequired="-1"
					MinKillerAngle="0.9999999d"
					MaxKillerAngle="-0.9999999d"
					DeathTypes="ALL"
					DeathTypesForbidden="" />
				<PassengerData
					BonePrefix="BONEGARRISON">
					<Filter
						Rule="NONE"
						Relationship=""
						Alignment="NONE"
						Include="INFANTRY"
						Exclude=""
						StatusBitFlags=""
						RejectStatusBitFlags=""
						AcceptModelCondition=""
				</PassengerData>
				<MemberTemplateStatusInfo
					ThingTemplate="GDISniperSquad"
					ObjectStatus="CAN_SPOT_FOR_BOMBARD" />
					ThingTemplate="GDISniperSquad_Veteran"
					ThingTemplate="ZOCOMSniperSquad"
					ThingTemplate="ZOCOMSniperSquad_Veteran"
			</HordeTransportContain>

Edited by Egozi44

I fixed the laser by adding Include section to the filter added HUGE_VEHICLE VEHICLE STRUCTURE ALLIES so the laser will show up when it shoot them, added the allies only recently and just now about to test it as it won't show the laser on allies (actually should've add it to Relationship and add neutral on the way)

Interesting thing I found out in regard the Hamvi  (always wanted to say it :P), the evacuate ability DON'T allow it to land where the manual unload button/pressing the squad does, mean the evacuate ability can't trigger the bug as it don't allow the hammerhead to land where the issue trigger, maybe we can take the flags/timing/whatever, it uses and add it to the HordeTransportContain somehow?

Edited by Egozi44

Try changing the <geometry> settings of the unit, reduce the size of the MajorRadius and MinorRadius or maybe vice-versa.

On 9/28/2017 at 5:28 AM, Egozi44 said:

add it to the HordeTransportContain somehow?

Nope, that would mean altering the schematic and altering the schematic is extremely limited in what you can add to it, most is hard coded and dependent on extension/inheritance.

Well reducing the geometry size don't seem to work, I tried any MajorRadius and MinorRadius I can think of and even changed the shape from box to sphere.

I think that at this point it must be the bones, could any of you take a look at them and see if anything can cause this weird issue??

I also replaced the SKN file but copy paste the same files, change the id, and told it to use my bones, that all.

I will include it too just in case

GUHAMHEADG_SKL.rar

Edited by Egozi44

Unrelated Question if I add  FadeEndFrame="" FadeBeginFrame="" to the animationstate I can control which frame will start and which frame will end correct? (by fading the rest)

All of them have in default -1 so it a bit confuse me as for how it work, I need it to the Condor thingy, so if the animation let say have 72 frames, I tell it to fade frame 3 (which will also fade frame 1-2) and fade frame 60 (so 72 till 61 will fade?) , is this how it works?

Well I solved most of my issues, I moved my other questions to another thread as this one become long and seemed to be ignored

Edited by Egozi44