Sign in to follow this  
Plok

Throwback Thursday for 25th January

633px copy.png

In this week's Throwback Thursday, we feature something from the cancelled free-to-play Command & Conquer, which we haven't really covered in this segment. The star of this feature is the redesigned Dr. Thrax, a returning character from Zero Hour. His appearance changed dramatically, true to his original backstory that he frequently visits plastic surgeons to cover his tracks, but he appeared to act like a loose cannon in the few cutscenes that became public - well, more so than he already was. Already a sadist with chemical weapons, he turned his disregard for his enemies' lives into fun and games, true to a more light-hearted approach that Victory Games was apparently going for.

Remember, you can click on the preview to see a larger and more detailed image. Don't forget to check out the Throwback Thursdays archives if you've missed a week. Check back again next Thursday for another Throwback. Send in your ideas for future instalments. We also encourage you to share this on social media using the hash tags #ThrowbackThursday, #CnCTBT and #CNCNZTBT.

"Ah greetings, General. Do not think I cannot see your spies flying over my base. Pleeassee, look all you WISH! because this may be the last time you ever see my stronghold. As you can see, my defenses are impenetrable, and my toxic weapon systems will poison your troops long before they can reach me. Prepare to tell your three-eyed grandchildren of your defeat this day!"

Now that is the Thrax I fell in love with. That maniacal scientist who would taunt you endlessly while cackling away.
latest?cb=20120921141456

"The man, the myth, THE LEGEND"

This other Thrax when I first saw him in the trailer was an immediate "Why?" from me, as in "Why would they ruin such a good character"? I would have been fine with that general being someone who followed in Thrax's footsteps or was a pupil to him. The change in appearance falls in line with the numerous plastic surgeries his backstory suggests, but that doesn't excuse the complete change in personality from his original, unforgettable self.