Sign in to follow this  
Lorzo91

Tiberian Sun - stretch to fit screen resolution

Hi everybody! I'm very glad to join this community and to see that still in 2018 there's people playing these pearls! :D

So, as the title says, I was wondering if there's any way to make TIberian Sun and Firestorm run stretched to fit screen resolution - that is without black bars surrounding the game. I can run the game at my monitor resolution (1900x1200) but actually units appear too small, i'd prefer bigger troops at the cost of a smaller field of view of the map.

I'm running the game on TFD with the last unoffcial patch (1.03 rev 3 I think), on WinXP running on a virtual machine (yes, I know..). I could run C&C Gold and RA at 800x600 stretched to 1900x1200 without any problems, playing a bit with the .ini files.

Thanks in advance!

For that to work your VM software must support stretching. 

Not sure what you mean by that, I'm using VMware Workstation as a VM software, and when in full screen WinXP runs at my monitor resolution (1900x1200), so it's not stretched.

Is there any other option I should check in VMware?

The only way currently to stretch TS, RA2 etc right now is through options on your graphics card/monitor. As far I can see VMware does not support such stretching. This is why TS has black borders around it if you run it in a res lower than your VM's resolution. The only reason why this works in C&C1 and RA1 is because of cnc-ddraw which can stretch the game to the res it is provided.

You can however install TS on your host OS and enable stretching on your graphics card or monitor and all full screen applications will automatically stretch.

Edited by Tore

Hmm okay, yes I suspected that VMware was the issue, I'll try on my host OS.

Thanks.