Hi guys, new to the forum but I have a strange issue with WrathEd at the moment. 

I've been developing quite a large mod that was based off a personal mod for Tiberium Wars and I've managed to carry over quite a bit of stuff fairly successfully so far,  mainly music and some basic XML, and I've been able to compile and run it correctly too until yesterday; of which then the WrathEd executable stopped working.

I've tried various compatibility tests and also re-downloaded the .net framework but I've got nothing, it opens and closes so fast that it doesn't even have any time to record logs when I try and build the mod. I've tried different versions of WrathEd and they're all the same.

I'm wondering could it be a registry issue? If so, has anyone seen anything like this before?

ps. I've tried the same WrathEd on my older Windows 7 laptop and it works fine there, so I think it might be a registry problem. I

I'm fine with building it on the other laptop, but its kinda a pain in the backside; especially when the mod launcher and everything else works fine on my Windows 10 computer. 

Open a cmd and run the bat file from there to check the output. Maybe some paths could not be resolved.

• Upvote 1

Clear the Compilation folder (WrathEDSDK_Folder/Compilation/Mods/YourMod). If it is path related, move the SDK folder to the root of C drive and try again. Maybe also delete the userdata WrathED creates (Documents\WrathEd).

• Upvote 1

On 4/10/2018 at 9:22 PM, Bibber said:

Open a cmd and run the bat file from there to check the output. Maybe some paths could not be resolved.

On 4/11/2018 at 12:03 PM, Mjjstral said:

Clear the Compilation folder (WrathEDSDK_Folder/Compilation/Mods/YourMod). If it is path related, move the SDK folder to the root of C drive and try again. Maybe also delete the userdata WrathED creates (Documents\WrathEd).

Omg, Thank you so much for the help, I tried to build WrathEd in CMD and it still didn't respond to anything; so I decided to delete all reg keys related to WrathEd and kinda dumbly... I noticed I'd literally put all my SDK's in a folder called Documents\WrathEd before I'd actually ever used the program (its been there for a couple of years)... so I renamed it to WrathEd utilities and bam, it works great now. 

Its pretty weird though since it worked quite a while until it threw up the error, or lack of,  but anyway. Cheers. :3

Sounds like you for whatever reason switched to a reasonably newer or older version or the files were corrupted.