AZ-Stalker

AZ's YouTube Videos (skorvion.com)

I haven't been around much, and for anyone who is interested in what I've been up to, I just published some content that some of you here might find interesting. My post at the W3D Hub community forum explains it pretty well, so feel free to check that out if you're curious!

https://w3dhub.com/forum/topic/417106-azs-secret-project/

As you can see in that thread and on the site itself, one of the starting videos is a bit more related to this community as well (the TS video), so that might be a good example of what to expect. Let me know your thoughts and I hope this has been of some value to you! Thanks and enjoy! :)

Edited by AZ-Stalker
Thread Name Change for Clarity

An interesting project, I must say. Not something I've seen examined outside Extra Credits.

Just gave a quick watch, but I'd like to dissect some of the videos when I get some more time to give you proper feedback, but you have a good start. I wonder if you'll actually be making games as your site's title would imply...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Plokite_Wolf said:

I wonder if you'll actually be making games as your site's title would imply...

Check the About and Projects tabs on the main site if you're curious.

Current focus is on making more videos, as what you see currently is just starter content. Fun times ahead! I appreciate any feedback you can give me as well. I'm very new to recording myself and presenting such things, so I have a lot to learn. I'm improving fast though!

Edited by AZ-Stalker

4 hours ago, DabbingKermit said:

Nice, keep it up!

Thanks! I will!

UPDATE FOR 2019:
2019 has been interesting, and I've finally freed myself enough to really get back into publishing content.
I've been working on something in the background, but videos are what I want to focus on now that I can.
Here's the latest upload that touches upon some connection subject matter to think about:

I'm still struggling a bit with relaxing in front of a camera, which shows. But I've taken steps to ensure
I improve a bit faster as well. It'll be interesting to see the changes as I "fix the bugs in my system".
And sorry about the image and audio quality, I'm working with what equipment I have available.

DISCORD: https://discord.gg/FwNPAeK
(easy updates and a place to hang out)

Let me know your thoughts if anyone finds this type of content interesting. Thanks!

I've published another video recently. It's not really about C&C, but considering my background and preferences you can find some C&C content sprinkled in there, as you can already tell from the video thumbnail.

If anyone is interested in this type of content or would like to support my work - feel free to give me any feedback, join the community (Facebook / Discord), and/or leave some likes/comments on the videos themselves up on YouTube. It really helps a lot and I appreciate every bit of your support! So thank you!

I made a little something to start the decade off. It holds special value to me as I was initially inspired the most by Tiberian Sun's introduction growing up.

Best wishes to you all in 2020 and this cool new decade!

On 3/01/2020 at 4:47 AM, AZ-Stalker said:

I made a little something to start the decade off. It holds special value to me as I was initially inspired the most by Tiberian Sun's introduction growing up.

The introduction was great in Tiberian Sun. But the real goosebump moment was this:

Also Anton Slavik is the greatest Nod Commander who ever lived! 

• Like 1

The Kane Lives scene was amazing as well, no argument there!

To me it felt like the first big story payoff after the initial setup. You feel like you're really committed to the Nod story arc once Kane steals the show.

Edited by AZ-Stalker

I just published a YouTube video that showcases Tiberian Sun in a very positive light as a less technical review of sorts, focusing more on the atmosphere, style and emotional experience the game can often inspire. I've also put some jokes and nostalgia in there for good measure, so feel free to check it out! Enjoy!

It's been a bit rough, but I've continued working on videos in my free time, and have started a series about experiences in game development meant to motivate creativity in smaller bursts. Each little video contains some hopefully thought-provoking bit of information on some smaller game making topic. I've started with some thoughts on TS mission design, but might move over to Dune 2000 and some other experiences as time goes on, to better illustrate different topics and keep it entertaining.

There are two videos in the playlist so far, so check it out if anyone is interested:

Edited by AZ-Stalker

The third episode in my Construction Complete series of videos:

Read the video description if you find this next one confusing.
If you can't see it, it's because it's blocked in the US/Germany/Italy/other due to a strange copyright claim and you need a VPN to see it.

Why staying focused on your goals is so important.

What is success and how to avoid failure? Insight presented as curiously inspired by the game Crying Suns.