Sign in to follow this  
Rider

Some AI related issues... any help?

I have Red Alert 2 - Yuri's Revenge

I'm trying to get the computer players to randomly build units for defense and such, preferrably without creating a new teamtype for every unit he can build.

is it possible, and if so then how?

Also, I've tried to enlarge the percentage of their base that consists of Anti Air structures, but I don't think it has that much effect. Neither does the maximum amount of structure X (any structure) do anything.

I just want the AI to build enormous amounts of structures/units for it's base without completely rewriting the AImd.INI file :)

any hints and advise regarding this issue is highly appreciated!

Oh how fun, an AI question. I've been studying this lately. heh

MaximumAIDfeneseTeams/MinimumAIDefenseTeams control how many defensive teams the AI will build to guard its base. The higher the number, the more it will build.

It's also advisable to clone the War Factory and Barracks for each side to give the AI a little more juice when building task forces. The extra facilities function as cloning facilities. Don't give them too many else you'll choke up the AI with TOO many units.

It should be noted that this WILL cause MAJOR performance defecits so don't add too many extra defense teams.

There's a tag in the [General] section that controls the number of base defenses it will build as well. I forgot it off the top of my head but this is where the limits from the [AI] section come in. Those control the approximate percentages of defenses the AI will strive to construct.