Sign in to follow this  
GeneralZ

Mod Testers Needed

I created a RA2 mod and need some people to test it because I don't have time to do it myself

The file is a rules ini file. Full changes Readme included with file

Changes include price, new units, crate, stealth, garrisoning, etc.

The file is perfectly safe and will not damage your computer

Please reply if you would be willing to test out this RA2 Mod

you mean add-on... just rules.ini file is not much of an mod... and what version of ra2?

its not much of 1, but its still considered a Mod, what else do i call it? rules change?

and the version of the RA2 doesn't matter

For many generals & ZH mods out there, many simply change the rules (commandset.ini, etc.) file too. u simply edit ini files to make a mod.

I decided to post this 1 up in response to the stealth topic

changes in the rules:

Changes made:

-Everything is $100

-Veterans stats are increased, become promotion is 1 kill away

-You get all your money back when you sell

-Repairing is 10x faster

-20 starting units intead of 10. Start as Elite

-Ore value and growth increased: get rich quick!

-Faster plane reload, Harriers-4 missiles, eagles-8

-Civilian buildings are click repairable

-Units move equally fast on all terrains

-Spies shut down power for 2 minutes

-Chrono Reinforcements shift 3x faster

-Chronoshifting units shift 4x faster

-Spies shut down power for 2 minutes

-Light tanks, School Buses, Prism Rhinos(Rhino with Prism Gun) and Howitzers are in the game

-Howitzers have infinite range, but are semi inaccurate (like RA1 Cruisers)

-Some Units, and all special units (flak trooper, tesla trooper, sniper, secret guys, and GIs have C4s)

-Snipers shoot 6x faster, and auto target

-All harvestors carry the same ammount as War Miner (Changes to Chrono Miner)

-Ivan's bombs detonate 2x faster, and do 25% more damage

-Double-Clicking on a units with Ivan's bomb will detontate the bomb

-Eiffel Tower is buildable: The ultimate (too cheap) defense in case noobs can't defend themselves from the AI with the changes

-Some Buildings are buildable further away from the base

-V3s can launch while moving

-Most infantry can garrison buildings (flak trooper, tesla trooper, sniper, Desolator, etc.)

-Superweapons charge 2x faster

-All tech buildings are buildable

-Crates are changed. No more firepower, speed, health, armor powerups

-Existing crate powerups: Repair Entire Base, Reveal Entire Map, Promotion, Free 3 units, free nuke, free random infantry, cloak (stealthed). 50% chance of cloaking

I dont think the version really matters that much if its just rules.ini

Is it a rules.ini file or a rulesmd.ini?

Umm.. From reading over ya changes... Don't you think that this mod completely unbalances the whole game?

And the Howitzers with infiniate range isn't that just.... Well stupid? Since all you really need to do is build a few dozen then turtle on up... :?

it isn't .the computer uses the changes too. and i lose occasionally with these chages. with those changes, the mods more like TS/RA and Generals

-Everything is $100 > Stupid. Remove this; it takes away any strategy the game had.

-Veterans stats are increased, become promotion is 1 kill away > Same the $100 change.

-You get all your money back when you sell > Same as the $100 change/

-Repairing is 10x faster > Same as the $100 change.

-20 starting units intead of 10. Start as Elite > Starting as elites can only be done in map files.

-Ore value and growth increased: get rich quick! > Same as the $100 change.

-Faster plane reload, Harriers-4 missiles, eagles-8 > Same as the $100 change.

-Civilian buildings are click repairable > You don't own the structure. This is imbalancing.

-Units move equally fast on all terrains > Unrealistic and imbalancing.

-Spies shut down power for 2 minutes > Over the top imbalance.

-Chrono Reinforcements shift 3x faster > Imbalancing.

-Chronoshifting units shift 4x faster > Imbalancing.

-Light tanks, School Buses, Prism Rhinos(Rhino with Prism Gun) and Howitzers are in the game > Take out the 'Prism Rhino.' It's a placeholder weapons hack for the prism frag.

-Howitzers have infinite range, but are semi inaccurate (like RA1 Cruisers) > The most imbalancing change ever made in a mod.

-Some Units, and all special units (flak trooper, tesla trooper, sniper, secret guys, and GIs have C4s) > Wait, this is pretty lame as well.

-Snipers shoot 6x faster, and auto target > Imbalancing.

-All harvestors carry the same ammount as War Miner (Changes to Chrono Miner) > The Chrono Miner is faster and removes any faction differences. Change it.

-Ivan's bombs detonate 2x faster, and do 25% more damage > Only good change so far.

-Double-Clicking on a units with Ivan's bomb will detontate the bomb > Another standard but good change.

-Eiffel Tower is buildable: The ultimate (too cheap) defense in case noobs can't defend themselves from the AI with the changes > Remove it. You can't even sell it ffs.

-Some Buildings are buildable further away from the base > Okay I suppose but should be limited to defenses.

-V3s can launch while moving > Impossible.

-Most infantry can garrison buildings (flak trooper, tesla trooper, sniper, Desolator, etc.) > This is fine for RA2.

-Superweapons charge 2x faster > The lamest of the lame. Superweapons are meant to be primers for assaults, not your means of attaking.

-All tech buildings are buildable > No. Evil. Bad. Wrong. You can't sell them fgs.

-Existing crate powerups: Repair Entire Base, Reveal Entire Map, Promotion, Free 3 units, free nuke, free random infantry, cloak (stealthed). 50% chance of cloaking > Silly but different. Not the worst thing you've done so far.

Don't release this. EVER. It caters to n00bs and n00bs alone. If you can't beat the AI, give yourself some 45 caliber aspirin.

Well you can always count on the cold hard truth from Fenring. :twisted:

I pretty much agree with Fenring in each area. The only cool idea from a unit to be at 100 was a conscript war mod. Where the only main unit was the conscript and that you had to use strategy on certain maps for an attack. It was different but what you got going on you might as well download the mod Nurple if it's still around.

-Everything is $100 > Stupid. Remove this; it takes away any strategy the game had. who the hell cares

-Veterans stats are increased, become promotion is 1 kill away > Same the $100 change. get rid of 1 kill promotion but keep stat increase

-You get all your money back when you sell > Same as the $100 change/ this is gd

-Repairing is 10x faster > Same as the $100 change. make it 2 or 3 times faster

-20 starting units intead of 10. Start as Elite > Starting as elites can only be done in map files.

-Ore value and growth increased: get rich quick! > Same as the $100 change.

-Faster plane reload, Harriers-4 missiles, eagles-8 > Same as the $100 change. gd idea

-Civilian buildings are click repairable > You don't own the structure. This is imbalancing.

-Units move equally fast on all terrains > Unrealistic and imbalancing. a gd idea

-Spies shut down power for 2 minutes > Over the top imbalance. useful

-Chrono Reinforcements shift 3x faster > Imbalancing.

-Chronoshifting units shift 4x faster > Imbalancing.

-Light tanks, School Buses, Prism Rhinos(Rhino with Prism Gun) and Howitzers are in the game > Take out the 'Prism Rhino.' It's a placeholder weapons hack for the prism frag.

-Howitzers have infinite range, but are semi inaccurate (like RA1 Cruisers) > The most imbalancing change ever made in a mod. bad idea

-Some Units, and all special units (flak trooper, tesla trooper, sniper, secret guys, and GIs have C4s) > Wait, this is pretty lame as well. gd idea

-Snipers shoot 6x faster, and auto target > Imbalancing. useftul

-All harvestors carry the same ammount as War Miner (Changes to Chrono Miner) > The Chrono Miner is faster and removes any faction differences. Change it.

-Ivan's bombs detonate 2x faster, and do 25% more damage > Only good change so far.

-Double-Clicking on a units with Ivan's bomb will detontate the bomb > Another standard but good change.

-Eiffel Tower is buildable: The ultimate (too cheap) defense in case noobs can't defend themselves from the AI with the changes > Remove it. You can't even sell it ffs. aye

-Some Buildings are buildable further away from the base > Okay I suppose but should be limited to defenses.i disagee shuld be with all buildings

-V3s can launch while moving > Impossible. whats the point

-Most infantry can garrison buildings (flak trooper, tesla trooper, sniper, Desolator, etc.) > This is fine for RA2.

-Superweapons charge 2x faster > The lamest of the lame. Superweapons are meant to be primers for assaults, not your means of attaking. culd be a very bad idea

-All tech buildings are buildable > No. Evil. Bad. Wrong. You can't sell them fgs.i agree

-Existing crate powerups: Repair Entire Base, Reveal Entire Map, Promotion, Free 3 units, free nuke, free random infantry, cloak (stealthed). 50% chance of cloaking > Silly but different. Not the worst thing you've done so far.

Don't release this. EVER. It caters to n00bs and n00bs alone. If you can't beat the AI, give yourself some 45 caliber aspirin.

Do people lack the concept of balance these days? Every one of those changes, with the exception of a few, were over the top imbalance. Snipers don't shoot even as fast as they do in RA2 so why should they shoot faster? Everything costing $100 is just plain ****ing stupid. Wow, I can build anything super fast... Yeah, such a fun game. :roll:

LEARN THE CONCEPT OF BALANCE!!

Bah, why do I even ****ing care? n00bs run this ****ing community now. Playing and modding are choked with horrendous amounts of n00bs. Stuff like this is just a manifestation of the idiots running this community.

hey, i only took 15 minutes to edit the file..... It is balanced, the AI uses all the changes too

few notes:

-tech buildings are sellable and leave no rubble

-miners are same speed, but war miner is 2x chrono miner speed even veteran or elite

-for equal speeds on all terrains, it mean a guy will walk at the same speed on ore as on a road

-many other changes, but too small and many to put down like 25% increased grizzly armor...

The mod is meant to make the game insane, not fun

I got bored of RA2, and wanted a crazy game with mass apocolypes, mass prisms, etc. I wanted to put a real challenge in the game, and it is quite easy to lose to the AI with the changes. The only reason i gave howitzers infinite range and enabled the eiffel tower was to give the human player a chance to live. The AI will fill your base with tanks, its not fun, its crazy.

It is almost impossible to defend your base without the eiffel tower...they swarm your defenses, even with defences costing 100$. The howitzer does very littile damage. you need to builf a lot to do some damage, and have weak armour. hghly inaccurate too, but in many times, only effective way of even hurting an enemy unit. Why it goes so fast, when u have a WF up, they have superweapons and are already sending units to attack

Hey I would like to try the mod I like it when the games is crazy and fenring y do u have to hate us n00bs so much I mean the guy tried to make something people could enjoy u used to be a n00b too u know cuz u don't start out a pro.neways u should just appreciate what people do for u and know that they tried to help out and the thought is what counts so neways I would like to try the mod.

Do people lack the concept of balance these days? Every one of those changes, with the exception of a few, were over the top imbalance. Snipers don't shoot even as fast as they do in RA2 so why should they shoot faster? Everything costing $100 is just plain **** stupid. Wow, I can build anything super fast... Yeah, such a fun game. :roll:

Bah, why do I even **** care? n00bs run this **** community now. Playing and modding are choked with horrendous amounts of n00bs. Stuff like this is just a manifestation of the idiots running this community.

fu dip**** ive been playing c&c for bloody years now why dont u do every1 a favour an piss off

If ya dont like it, dont play it. Unless you cant handle it :wink:

Relax a little. Its his idea of fun, let those who want to have fun have their fun. If you want a high quality, serious mod, do one your self.

the only fun in the game is to have it balanced... like i created units that are walking killers... very cheap too... but guess what? they are slow, their life is like nil... actually it is 1.... that is still cheap... need balance man or it kills fun..

well learn the concept that all men are created equal they can do what they want if u don't like it don't play it, it's as simple as that leave the man and his mod alone I agree with cygnus(sorry if i spelled it wrong) make ur own mod and play it.

fenring y do u have to hate us n00bs so much I mean the guy tried to make something people could enjoy u used to be a n00b too u know cuz u don't start out a pro.neways u should just appreciate what people do for u and know that they tried to help out

Let me make this clear: I despise n00bs, period. I can tolerate newbs; they eventually learn whereas n00bs do not. I'd not class you as a n00b but a newb. My problem exists with n00bs because they DON'T LEARN; I've dealt with many a frustrating n00b in my years of modding and every time I see things like this, it makes me go totally nuts. I, as are many other modders, am an RTS purist. We strive to make the game BETTER instead of n00bing it up to this sort of level.

Let me make this clear as well: I was NEVER a n00b. I began as a newb and grew from there. I made changes like this to see what the files could do and how flexible the engine could be. I never made it public and kept most of my work in private until a year or two ago when I released a full public add on to YR. Now I'm making several mods and even a couple of conversions.

Besides, it's not like I couldn't do this myself already. I have a solid understanding of ALL game associated INI files and the general file structure of the MIX archives. I could do this in less time than it took him since I know EXACTLY what to look for. This 'mod' would serve perfectly as a game mod with a few balancing changes such as reducing how much ore gives you or restoring the original prices and making ore give you more. Such things can make or break a change. Actually, this isn't the worst I've seen before believe it or not.

fu dip**** ive been playing c&c for bloody years now why dont u do every1 a favour an piss off

And I've been modding it for the same amount of time. We modders have a tendency to sneer upon changes such as these but I'm sure you've gathered that fact already. But if your spelling is any indication of your intelligence, I highly doubt you've seen the light.

I give harsh criticism and if you don't like my ways, too bad. I've not done anything wrong but protest the changes. Stop limiting my freedom of speech you Fascist ass.

If ya dont like it, dont play it. Unless you cant handle it

I do not intend to play this. Oh but I can handle it easy, the AI is too predictable.

Relax a little. Its his idea of fun, let those who want to have fun have their fun. If you want a high quality, serious mod, do one your self.

I probably should lay off but being a modding veteran, it becomes difficult to do so. I have seen worse in my day like ChargeToDrain nuke shots. That's 10 times worse than anything he's done.

I'm making quite a few high quality mods that lack silly changes. My most recent update is adding a new country through pd's patch.

well learn the concept that all men are created equal they can do what they want if u don't like it don't play it, it's as simple as that leave the man and his mod alone I agree with cygnus(sorry if i spelled it wrong) make ur own mod and play it.

I understand that concept full well. I'm a harsh modder when it comes to criticisms and I'm only like that when it comes to PUBLIC releases. If it was his own, private mod, I'd give less than 2 ****s about it. Since he's making it for public use, I'm trying to keep him from being wailed on by the REST of the community. And if you think I'm bad, wait until you get reamed by modders like Blade, Godwin and ComradeJ.

I agree with Fenring (I can't believe I said that.... :shock: ) :wink: :wink:

It's not that this mod is bad. It just takes no talent to corrupt the files, like most have, to make us bored after a couple of tries. Balance makes you think, the more you need to think you need to use strategy, and when you use strategy you will appreciate the mod more. Even if the mod is set as fantasy or realistic. Some balance is needed to make the gameplay fun. When you see some of the mods out there you'll see the real talent that was put into making it. You must understand that this game has been out for so long that just about every mod has been created, most seem to repeat themselves... are unoriginal. So stop and think, how can your mod be different and add something better to the public.

lol... i'm not surprised that fenring said all that.... you know you can do whatever you want in private... but in public... be prepared for the harshes punishment... if your boss doesn't like you... he doesn't give a **** about you and can you on the spot... it's america (in my case, canada) and freedom of speech is valued... fenring is actually a bit nicer than most people out there...

fenring

I give harsh criticism and if you don't like my ways' date=' too bad. I've not done anything wrong but protest the changes. Stop limiting my freedom of speech you Fascist ass.

[/quote']

and if u dont like my ways then thats tough **** hard cheese

And what exactly ARE your ways? Act like a complete retard and jump in when clearly you have no understanding of the present topic? If those are, in fact, your ways, then I'm not going to like them and I'll let you know that, a lot.