Doctor Destiny

Now Playing - Music

Guest Stevie_K

SFX - Allah Acbar

Bloodbath - Slaughtering The Will To Live

:( why does the coments on every metal song in youtube degrade into religion internet fights.

In response of a post ages ago :P

Dave Mustaine was originally in Metallica, he was kicked out within two years.

After, he wanted to make a band that was going to be 'bigger than Metallica'

So he was definitely influenced by them, I don't know about being wanna-be but he formed a band that even started with the same letter (M) to contest with Metallica :P

So... yah, coincidental? He even redid some songs under different titles and lyrics, originally by Metallica :P

I like Metallica way more than Megadeth, just because of the song structuring and creativity is constant throughout Metallica's songs.

I don't mind some songs like 'Symphony Of Destruction' or some songs from Rust In Peace, but I can't stand his voice, its screechy and very annoying, they could have been waaay better another singer.

Good post idea!

Amon Amarth: Pursuit Of Vikings

fantastic song!

Peace :P

Megadeth kicks the **** out of Metallica in creativity, :P

True they are different... :P

-I've just been a musician for 10 years or so (not like I'm better than anyone whatsoever), just from my perspective I just like Metallica's arrangements, fluidity, and especially Hetfield's voice over Megadeth :P It just seems more complete :P

Don't get me wrong I don't mind Megadeth's riffs or ideas, some of them are great! I just prefer Metallica:P

I love how I always try and steer away from an argument :P Curse you youtube! LOL those people are all like: 'your mom' or something equally immature ;)

Peace!

Cemetery Gates by Pantera, extended version of course, 7:02. Fantastic song!

Nothing by No One

ahem, while this is indeed just a +1 thread, if you are not going to participate properly, do not post at all.

.......... Dream Theater - The Shattered Fortress [black Clouds And Silver Linings]

Yar. 13 minutes of greatness... a fitting end to the suite too.

You know No one could be a band! :P Though not likely...

Lacuna Coil - Survive

I can't tell if you're being an ass or just trolling, but at least it's participating correctly. >_>

........... Dream Theater - The Dark Eternal Night [systematic Chaos]

Megadeth - Sweating Bullets

Hey, DD, what are some of Dream Theater's best songs? I want to like them...maybe if I heard more of them, they'd grow on me.

Hey, DD, what are some of Dream Theater's best songs? I want to like them...maybe if I heard more of them, they'd grow on me.

That's a good question, since there's quite a lot really. You have to be prepared for anthem songs since the some of their really great stuff is 10+ minutes, though a good chunk are sub-10. I would start with Pull Me Under, As I Am, Lie, Metropolis pt 1, Erotomania, Under A Glass Moon and The Dark Eternal Night for sub-10 minute songs; the entire 12-Step Suite, Blind Faith, Lines In The Sand, Trial of Tears, In The Name of God, Sacrificed Sons, Beyond This Life, A Nightmare To Remember and The Count of Tuscany. You pretty much can't go wrong with any of those, except avoid anything from When Dream And Day Unite. It's not as good.

............. Dream Theater - Beyond This Life [scenes From A Memory]