Sign in to follow this  
taoransk

Quick Ask on editing RA2 Yuri

K I'm trying to make my question in one topic, but here's a bit new one which I need answer really soon ^^

Can anyone explain to me the MCV bug, how can I solve it? for example, I cloned MCV and Construction Center from Allian, and I replaced a Country( no problem on showing in game, I've got correct way to put it in list), then whenever I start game by this country I will game over at first sec entring the game. But my computer enemy can build new MCV from Allian War Factory.....and I used Yuri to control it, but nothing there when I spreaded it.

Where can I find icon or modles for new units? Is there a special picture form or size that needed by icons in game? Can I take icon and modles from RA1 or TS or General out and put them into RA2? I've seen a Chinese Mod before and it has Earthshake inf. & Medic from RA1.

Also, about editing SuperWeapon. In the same Mod I've seen, he changed Paradrop's list so we can have different para(including SEAL or other Inf.)But in another topic some of you said editing Superweapon is totally unthinkable, Y?

Last, isn;t there anyone know anything about my units lossing their barbettes(including both new and original units, Guard Cannon/ Tanks/ Flank truck/Yuri UFO/Patriot Missile, my IFV even lost their ability on changing mod)? However, units built by my enemy still have their barbettes. Strange!!!!!!

Last, how can I make my changes to a Mod rather than save them as Tibed itselve's formate? Thank you all so much and have a nice day!

Can anyone explain to me the MCV bug, how can I solve it? for example, I cloned MCV and Construction Center from Allian, and I replaced a Country( no problem on showing in game, I've got correct way to put it in list), then whenever I start game by this country I will game over at first sec entring the game. But my computer enemy can build new MCV from Allian War Factory.....and I used Yuri to control it, but nothing there when I spreaded it.

The MCV bug is adding another BaseUnit. The game does not like this for some reason and will cause everything to explode at the game's start when playing as your new country. The only way to get around this is to turn Short Game off. There is no other way around it if you want a new MCV.

There are several other issues with this as well. The main issue is the AI. It's flat incompatible with the new MCV. It won't build walls unless they're the same as an existing group, it will have a very difficult time building its base let alone constructing teams. It's not worth it using this method.

However, there will be a solution to your problems if you OWN a LEGAL copy of YURI'S REVENGE. pd is hacking the gamemd file to add more functionality to the game. He is working on fourth side logic which, surprisingly enough, some already exists... the game will read and recognize sidec04.mix which contains the GUI images.

Where can I find icon or modles for new units? Is there a special picture form or size that needed by icons in game? Can I take icon and modles from RA1 or TS or General out and put them into RA2? I've seen a Chinese Mod before and it has Earthshake inf. & Medic from RA1.

Try the major resource sites.

Also, about editing SuperWeapon. In the same Mod I've seen, he changed Paradrop's list so we can have different para(including SEAL or other Inf.)But in another topic some of you said editing Superweapon is totally unthinkable, Y?

I'm referring more towards weapon behavior. You can change what the superweapon DOES but not HOW it does it.

Paradrop changes are cake. All you have to do is find AllyParaDropInf (SovParaDropInf [soviets], AmerParaDropInf [America] or YuriParaDropInf [Yuri]) and change the ID tags. It accepts lists so you can have multiple infantry in one drop.

AllyParaDropInf=E1,GGI,ENGINEER,SNIPE,GHOST

AllyParaDropNum=6,4,2,1,1

The paradrop will now drop 6 GIs, 4 Guardian GIs, 2 Engineers, 1 Sniper and 1 SEAL. The game will error if your planes number doesn't match your infantry total, eg, I have 5 infantry listed so there must be 5 corresponding values.

If you edit this, it is for all players of a given faction. You cannot customize paradrops on a per timer basis eg, if you clone a paradrop, it will use the values for your given faction. (I must be confusing someone)

Last, isn;t there anyone know anything about my units lossing their barbettes(including both new and original units, Guard Cannon/ Tanks/ Flank truck/Yuri UFO/Patriot Missile, my IFV even lost their ability on changing mod)? However, units built by my enemy still have their barbettes. Strange!!!!!!

Huh? I'm not sure I understand.

First one, the MCV, I will going to try today, thank you so much Fenring. Is that I only need to take out short game button then everything will be fine? but how about allian can also build my new MCV? I didn't set that.

P.S.:---- I've tried to start game by taking out the short game setting, but there's nothing changed....I still game over at beginning.......

Second, can you tell me what site that I can serch? don;t tell me google lol, can you tell me some detail thing,like which site?

Last, let me explan: all Viechile including Tanks has two part in image, the Base and Weapon part, right? well All my unit now lost their top half image in modle, yeah all units including both original or cloned units and defence building, from air to grounp.....but enemy's units still have them. That's what I can not understand. I still can not use my new country, so it hasn't be tested yet, but it happens whatever country I use from Allian, Sove and Yuri.