Sign in to follow this  
DiscipleX

USA Air force General Strat?

Which is why you hit him early

doesnt work on badger. he can get 2 battlebuses full with RPGs up faster than i can get a decent rush. i tried.....even 1 battle bus can ruin entire tank divisions

Guest MadBadger
doesnt work on badger. he can get 2 battlebuses full with RPGs up faster than i can get a decent rush.

Only when Im not drunk/sleepy.... which is becoming more occurant ;)

then again when Im slightly drunk i get more girls :P

win on ZH or Girls.... hrmmm.... not too hard.... :D

GeneralZ, use your own RPG ladden battle Buses to rush him with.

Guest MadBadger

For every bus you have I have 3 ;)

How is that?

Please share some of your tactics

Guest MadBadger

My tactics are my own.... I ain't gona share em ;) sorry!

Nothing at all?

If you can get 3 battlebuses loaded with RPGs in the time takes someone else to get one, you obviously have some skill.

now....go forth, and win (tournaments have prizes :wink: )

Guest MadBadger

I can never be bothered..... and i dunno where the hell the tornies take place.... :P

Look around at places like cncnz, the den, planetcnc, hell even EA has one every blue moon.

I can never be bothered..... and i dunno where the hell the tornies take place.... :P

www.cncreplays.com

Guest MadBadger
:crazyguy: ty..... I check properly when i can ve bothered!

Or you could just not be lazy :P

seriously, join a tourney, see how good you really are

uh...really good? :P

btw, gamereplays has a nice forum :wink:

They were talking about ZH :wink:

did you even look at the link i posted?

eh, apparrantly not :oops:

it was confusing, ya know, with the bfme all over the link :wink:

Dude, old topic, stop "resurecting" old threads, unless its something to contribute.

AFG vs. CHina infantry

All of the following was originally written by AGMLauncher here: http://cncreplays.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=14025

Ok everyone. I wrote this in a previous post and it got lost so I'm going to rewrite it as best I can. It will outline a single build order and strategy that can effectively deal with China Infantry General in 1v1 and team environments on almost any map.

The problem

China infantry's whole purpose and style of play is to mass stuff. It cannot survive unless it has huge numbers of units. The reason why USA generally has a hard time dealing with infantry is because the China Infantry general is basically the living exploit of USA's two main weaknesses: Lack of good early anti infantry capability, and lack of good area effect weaponry. Yes flashbangs, but flashbangs got a serious nerf, they come from infantry themselves which are also fragile, and are slow. So basically if you let China Infantry mass stuff (which is what its designed to be able to do), your gonna be in a world of hurt. If you keep Infantry's numbers to a minimum, you should be all set.

The BO

This BO lets you build everything listed here with your strating cash except for the first King Raptor which you must wait for only one drop of supplies to purchase, and it should arrive within a few moments after your airfield is complete. The following build paths is just a way to better organize the BO. These build paths occur simultaneously.

Build paths

-Command Center >> Dozer 2 >> Supply (2nd Chinook) >> Airfield (wait for money) >> King Raptor

-Dozer 1 >> Power >> Rax (3 MDs) >> WF (Humvee)

The Strategy

Why is this particular BO so useful? Because it covers nearly all the bases at the very earliest point in the game. You have all the tools you need to deal with nearly everything the infantry player can throw at you right there at the start. You have two primary weapons: King Raptor, MDvee. Early on, these are all you need. The idea behind this is to use the King Raptor as support for your MDvee while it does nothing but raid the supply depots. The reason why its important to raid the supplies is because without a solid uninterrupted income, your opponent cannot mass the infantry he needs to literally overwhelm you. Its pointless to attack him directly as you will lose units in the process of killing his. While you rebuild, he can rebuild, so you arent accomplishing much. But lets look at exactly how your two main weapons should be employed early on

King Raptor

-Counters Helix rush (you will have the KR out in time to stop a helix)

-Counters AOs

-Dozer hunter

MDvee/Humvee

-Counters ATCs

-Counters early flanking minigunners (you cant do this with FB rangers on foot, you NEED a humvee to catch them)

-Harrasses supplies/dozer hunts

If you look at that list, you are able to counter every unit Infantry can produce early on. The hardest part is countering ATCs as elite minigunners have so many hitpoints that the weak humvee machine gun takes forever to get through them all. However, its nothing a little patient micro cant solve. As you are collecting money and you find you are encountering this situation, it might be handy to build an ambulance and more empty humvees to help counter the minigunners that pop out of the ATC the MDs in the humvee have destroyed.

The Tactics

Your opponent will undoubtedly try and chase your MDVee with an AO or a Helix while your MDVee harrasses his supply trucks. This is where you use your KR for support. Your job is to basically keep stuff off the MDvee's back while it goes about killing off his economy. The tactics here just require some proper timing to ensure your MDVee is CONSTANTLY in his base, taking out supply trucks. You will need multiple KRs for this as a round trip, reload, and take off take longer than it does for Inf to make AOs to chase away your MDVee. Once you have 3 KRs up. Knock out his WF and then its gg.

Problems

Sometimes China infantry might just dual rax rush you and pump out minigunners and tank hunters on foot. This is the hardest thing for USAF to counter, and this BO does not counter it. But thats only if you stick to the BO. The reason why you have the KR is to take out helixes and AOs. Since he wont be making those, you dont need a KR or an airfield. Simply tell your second dozer to make a firebase in front of the dual rax while your Humvees and rangers deal with his infantry, or a second rax (and research flashbangs). The beauty of this strat is that it is not an extreme do or die BO. Its flexible enough to not only counter a wide range of threats at the start of the game, but its flexible enough that you simply dont have to follow through with it and change your BO to meet the few situations that it cant handle.

Another problem is of course, nothing is perfect. I wrote that strat from the standpoint of a perfectly offensive play. In reality, you will probably find yourself going back on the defensive against pros, rather than rushing and getting the upper hand. This is especially true if you dont have good map awareness and a lone minigunner sneaks in and distracts you or kills your first KR. Generally, when the Inf player does dual supplies, dual WF on TD you run into the problem of an AO or ATC catching you by suprise as he flanks you and you arent aware of it.

General tips

-Always hotkey your KRs and your airfield, WF, and barracks. Your main purpose is to micro the MDVee and you cant really afford to be hopping back and forth between your base view and the battle view to select your KRs or build more things. You can get caught not paying attention and it can hurt.

-Make a third nook and research flashbangs at your earliest convenience. You WILL need these at some point as the game progresses. Your initial rush and attack isnt meant to be a game winner, and wont be against anyone decent. You need to prepare for mid game ASAP. But your harrassment should buy you plenty of time to get stuff like nooks and flashbangs. If your micro is good, you wont need to replace that MDVee or any KRs soon after you build/attack with them.

-Never let off the pressure. Remember, massed stuff from infantry is a bad thing. You may often times get off to a good start, lose momentum, and then your opponent has the upper hand. Just use the same tactics to keep the pressure up. Lose one MDvee, send in another and keep doing the same thing. What you are effectively doing is killing his economy and the few units he does have at the same time, meaning he has to rebuild his supplies and THEN his units. A double hit like that is hard to recover from under pressure

-Practice. This BO and strat simply takes practice to perfect.

happy :roll:

Thats good. But what happens if say he gets a gat cannon up to guard his trucks, as the supply depot will be next to the stash?

vs any china but inf, fast tech. its an instant win, unbeatable strat.

2 dozers, 1 power, 1 supply w 2 nooks, 1 rax, 1 wf then straight to strat center (start strat center b4 u have enuf $$ for a vee, right after it starts, a nook will drop money, and you have enough for a vee + 3 mds if youre building quickly enough.) then use carpet bomber on a supply and own him with snd vees.

Thats way too slow to be a rush strat to kill a good china player. By the time you have all of that up they can have 2 gats and 2 bms in your front door.

Thats good. But what happens if say he gets a gat cannon up to guard his trucks, as the supply depot will be next to the stash?
then you destroy it with your s&d rockvees :wink:

Thats way too slow to be a rush strat to kill a good china player. By the time you have all of that up they can have 2 gats and 2 bms in your front door.

no, they can have one wf unit going through the center near your base, and one unit 2/3 way down the flank. snd vees > them with some micro. and boxing out your supplies prevents any gats from going behind your supplies, which are annoying.

perhaps, but remember, if you have time to build it, so do they.

It all comes down to personal speed, placement, and experience with the tactic.