Sign in to follow this  
Guest SU182

Wierd Texture Problems

Guest SU182

Every Time I load up Generals: Zero Hour, I see that the sand is white and not yellow, and there are some wierd pixelated areas near the corners, I'm running Windows Vista Build 5308, How do I fix this?

its your graphics drivers , and i bet u use nvidia ?

well roll them back untill the problem is gone 62.** works for 6800 on generals , while for some reason they all work for sli configurations

Don't go vista yet!

Guest MadBadger
its your graphics drivers , and i bet u use nvidia ?

well roll them back untill the problem is gone 62.** works for 6800 on generals , while for some reason they all work for sli configurations

wtf.jpg

seriously.... wtf?

I have a nVidia Card its all up to date and no probs....

Its the RAM you have.... You may have to wack down the graphic setting as the game automaticaly edits terain/detail when the PC starts working OT. Prob need a bit more.

Check the firestorms if you can cause 3-4 on 1 screen it is the game it self thats screwing up and go for a re-install (remove ALL files).

If you can't make 3-4 firestorms then its your pc.

UPDATE your graphics cards..... rolling them back is usless.

Also check your monitor cable..... may have a loose connection ;)

you shoot me down without ever experiancing the problem yourself, pcs come in a variety of shapes and designs and what works for one person doesnt work for another. i have had this problem with the white out and it is driver realted. you cannot cause firestorms ro any graphical effect as all textures are white appart from buildings and units. So personal experience talking here.

i have nvidia cards of differnet model numbers GF4`s to GF 7`s in 5 pcs here that all run generals. on each of these machines i have the "white out" problem in zero hour . nvidia drivers were responsibal on all 5 machines , not bad ram.

Rolling drivers is back is not uselss. you have no idea what your talking about. some older drivers work just as well ( especially on nvidia) the only things they lack are support for the new shaders and video options for dvd playback etc. but then if you arnt using the new 7 series then its not really a problem.

like i said i ran my 6800 on the 61.**/62.** series of drivers and not the 8x drivers. as for other games there was no frame rate loss.

So Rolling back drivers is in fact USEFULL

i beleive of tech support sites also recomend rolling back drivers in these instances

Guest MadBadger

Don't start butting heads with me.

Please go and check other posts......ooohhh.... I do belive one acctually discusses the time I HAD THE PROBLEM.... n00b...

Oh and please go and learn english a bit better and learn to lay out your posts so they don't resemble a block of text ;)

Rolling back drivers is really a ghey last resort option as its such a pain in the ass. Better to ensure ALL drivers are upto date and re-install the game before you do all that BS.

Ohhh and SU182 who you gona trust more? Some newb with 7 posts who can barely communicate in English or the guy with 3k posts and XP with Gens since the release date? ;)

just because im new to these forums does not make my opinion any less valid. and before you start slandering my english skills, how many launguages can you speak fluently ?

as for generals i also had it since the release date.

i find your general arrogance and "i know things better than you, but yet i dont even know you" attitude to mean your an up yourself yanke ? and probbaly one of those people who go "noob" when they loose and DC as if the shame will all go away :wink:

you dont make friends by saying their opinions are bull and you know better , i foudnt he tone of your post offensive and totaly un-nessescary

PS whats your day job ?

im in technical support....

Guest MadBadger

alrighty n00b

BWare and many other forum members have given me the practice to make this oh so easy and satisfying

#1 you have no Avi or Sig..... Does show that you have few IT skills/cant be bothered.... also you ain't posted in the welcomes forum.... n00b

#2 You don't even bother checking my Profile.... gives you all the info you need on me ;)

#3 I have a Commander in Chief Rank you stupid n00b.... don't get them by DCing ;)

#4 why do i need to make friends with you? i don't know you. Your just some newb whose shown up blurting stuff which is mostly crap..... i mean damn... your an Aroura F*g ffs!

#5..... i fu*kin hate tec support.... your all fu*kin usless! i was on one the other day and the stupid bint broke her PC! If i ever have trouble ill find help on google first!

you have anger problems , you need help , as for it experiance i came accross these forums while i was bored so dont throw that one at me. you are just angry teenager ( the main player base of C&C and your arguments hold up to scrtuiny about as well as them) im not arguing with you anymroe since blatently want to settle this.

GROW UP

as for aurora fag i play gla so you obviosly aint reading. and yes i did read you r prifile and i took the liberty of adding you e-mail to as many bot spams as poss :D have a nice day

oh and you proved you have a bad attitude by flamming the first thing i said on these forums. nice way to welcome new members.

Guest MadBadger
yes i did read you r prifile and i took the liberty of adding you e-mail to as many bot spams as poss :D have a nice day.

ta that should be enough for Sonic to ban you ;)

:lol: lolz... :lol: Keep going like this and sooner or later a admin or mod will lock this thread...

@ MadBadger:

undestand your opinion but come on dude, seriously, don't you think your reactions are a little over the top? I am new here ( in posting that is ) but I read for a little while now. Its not fun for newcomers to read this kind of stuff. I play Generals (Zero-Hour) from the beginning but I registered couple of days ago so I am also a noob? quite interesting :?

My english is also not that perfect, kinda logical cause its not my native language.

And hell yeah, its quite stupid to blame it on drivers for your video card as it doesn't make sense for this problem. I think its a heat problem, when my card (6800GT) is heating up to much my textures will blurr and take different shapes and colors. you never know :D

by the way, its not an attack or something, looking forward to your reaction.

Cheers,

Jori

Guest MadBadger
@ MadBadger:

undestand your opinion but come on dude, seriously, don't you think your reactions are a little over the top? I am new here ( in posting that is ) but I read for a little while now. Its not fun for newcomers to read this kind of stuff. I play Generals (Zero-Hour) from the beginning but I registered couple of days ago so I am also a noob? quite interesting :?

My english is also not that perfect, kinda logical cause its not my native language.

And hell yeah, its quite stupid to blame it on drivers for your video card as it doesn't make sense for this problem. I think its a heat problem, when my card (6800GT) is heating up to much my textures will blurr and take different shapes and colors. you never know :D

by the way, its not an attack or something, looking forward to your reaction.

Cheers,

Jori

naa iain't pissed at you just Goldfish..... seems to think he's pro when he blathers on about Aroura Pwnage in another thread..... seriously i never ment to make it seem like im calling you a n00b. you have a valid problem and made the right desision to come to NZ cos we're the best :D also we don't get alot of new people here.... :scared:

Trust me it was all cos he told you to roll back your driver :bang: which isnt what you should do first..... ALL suport centers will tell you to Update drivers then re-install then re-install drivers waaay before they will say roll back...... Its just too lenghty and prob won't solve your prob unless you up-dated your drivers and found the game didnt work...... which you didn't mention ;)

Naaa you could be on to somink with that heat thing..... think about it i used to get it where buildings would lose there skin and become see-through :wtf: i got a new fan and i ain't seen the prob recently....... thou i also haven't had as many 12-15 hour shifts on the computer :P

Guys come on, this is getting way offtopic here, we are here to help this guy with his graphics problem alright? Either stick to the topic or you'll find it locked.

Madbadger, stop calling people a noob for no good reason, not everyone knows IT very well nor do all people know Generals very well, dont just assume people are a noob because they dont know something, we were all like that at some point.

Now on the topic:

Vista may be the problem, not sure though, but General was build on/for XP or earlier so maybe its Vista.

Updating your graphic card drivers might help as well.

Post a link to a screenshot, maybe more people can help then.

Hm... I think it's Vista... Anyway... I checked ATI's site, and they already have drivers for the beta of Vista... So I went to Nvidia's site and they might have, Vista driversw, it's in their list, only I can't be bothered to look around that much cuz I'm a hardcore ATI fan... Here's a link... http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

P.S. I read something saying there are some glitches in the software as it is still a beta, so read the readme Godfish... :wink:

Main problem is Vista. There are still lots of issue's on the Beta version with DirectX. Generals is not build for a beta version of a new O/S. Kinda logical right? Lots of problems with *.dll files and system file.

Booting Beta Vista is seriously not recommended.

The drivers for graphic cards and the rest of the system are not 100% supported cause they not have been tested on the Beta program. At this moment there is not a single certified driver that runs on Beta Vista.

so, you know the cure. De-install it and have fun.

Cheers