Sign in to follow this  
throwaway

Do uranium shells leave radiation on the ground? BMs and OLs

I remember they used to, but they don't seem to now. Did a patch change this? I can't find any mention of this anywhere.

Nah, they didnt ever. Maybe u hadn't switched between normaltactical nukes and neutron shells. But I'm pretty sure there wasnt a patch.

I'm talking about battle masters and overlords leaving patches of radiation on the ground after uranium shells from the nuclear silo is purchased. What does this have to do with nuke cannons?

For example: the china nuke general's tanks leave radiation on the ground after every shot because he starts off with the uranium shells upgrade already purchased. Yet the other china generals' tanks don't do the same with uranium shells. I remember they used to. Did a patch change this, and why?

Guest MadBadger

No, Theres still radiation.

It might be the same as when you have 6+ firestorms going at once. Depending on your rig it will only display so much detail in game, Radiation/toxins & fire are the first graphics to go.

Sometimes you cant see it but it is there. also radiation dosnt last very long Tox lasts for ages Radiation goes quite quick.

No, Theres still radiation.

It might be the same as when you have 6+ firestorms going at once. Depending on your rig it will only display so much detail in game, Radiation/toxins & fire are the first graphics to go.

Sometimes you cant see it but it is there. also radiation dosnt last very long Tox lasts for ages Radiation goes quite quick.

It's definitely not a problem of detail for me, my rig is more than adequate to run generals. The radiation is simply not there, even with just one tank with uranium shells firing on the ground and nothing else going on. Infantry take forever to kill, it's not just a display problem. Also, this is in skirmish and single player, patch 1.04.

Guest MadBadger

ahhh...

I cant say for sure...

But.

I dont think that after you upped to uranium shells that it left radiation.

Nuke gens BMs n OLs, sure they leave radiation but i dont think anyone elses do.

Would make sense as Uranium shells are depleated uranium and shouldnt leave radiation. There really just very very sharp 'darts' and as they pierce armour they 'sharpen' themselfs.

They were used in DSII and thats what all the Vets blaimed there illness on.

well sure, of course radiation is not an issue in depleted uranium uses irl, it is only used because of its mass. but my question is, in game, researching uranium shells for tanks used to cause radiation patches left on the ground right? if so, which patch changed this and why?

As far as I know, it always has left radiation.

can someone do me a favor and try it in skirmish? vanilla china, zero hour patch 1.04, and upgrade uranium shells before using a battlemaster to force attack the ground. Is there a radiation patch left?

Guest MadBadger

nope.

I done it Vanila China Vs Vanila USA. Uranium shells leave no radiation.

Nuke gens tanks leave radiation.

thank you. however, I remember some time ago that uranium shells did leave radiation for BMs and OLs. which patch took it out, and why? or was I hallucinating, heh

I'm talking about battle masters and overlords leaving patches of radiation on the ground after uranium shells from the nuclear silo is purchased. What does this have to do with nuke cannons?

For example: the china nuke general's tanks leave radiation on the ground after every shot because he starts off with the uranium shells upgrade already purchased. Yet the other china generals' tanks don't do the same with uranium shells. I remember they used to. Did a patch change this, and why?

Other Chinese NEVER got uranium shells at the start, only Nuke General. The other ones you have to upgrade from your Nuclear Silo, a patch never affected this.

Other Chinese NEVER got uranium shells at the start, only Nuke General. The other ones you have to upgrade from your Nuclear Silo, a patch never affected this.

I never said other chinese get uranium shells at the start. Oh man, why is this so difficult? Such a seemingly simple question and I can't get a straight answer even from three forums.

Guest MadBadger

I never said other chinese get uranium shells at the start. Oh man, why is this so difficult? Such a seemingly simple question and I can't get a straight answer even from three forums.

Okay straight answer

NO Uranium shells DO NOT leave radiation. ONLY Nuke Gens tanks leave radiation.

Also no-one is going to bother to un-install there game and load up up-dates 1 by 1 to see if it changed.

Would make sense as Uranium shells are depleated uranium and shouldnt leave radiation.

Actually depleted uranium is still radioactive but it is only harmful if you exposed to it for extended periods of time. I have the US millitary saftey video about depleted uranium in the field. It is only really harmful if your tanks armor is damaged (if using depleted uranium in the armor such as the abrams) or if someone is hit by a depleted uranium bullet or shrapnel.