Sign in to follow this  
ajoseph90

Renegade reticle problem

In both Single player and Online, my target reticle shows up with only a circle and no dot in the middle. This happens only on 1 computer out of many, but my friend has the same problem. I have the patch and CP1 installed. Might it have something to do with my graphics options? Thanks.

Always? Even when you're sniper, or just when in vehicles?

for example, the mrls's dot is almost always at the top of the screen :wink:

All the time. Vehicles, infantry, sniper, everything. I might try reinstalling, it's been a long time since I played Renegade on this computer anyway... Thanks for you help though

Yea, I'd reinstall...if that doesn't help, could you give me a few screenshots?

That's not much of a problem, considering the dot only indicates the central hit zone, but the outer circle matters more (to me) because it means that anything within that can get hit unless I'm using a single shot weapon like a Ramjet Rifle, etc....

That's not much of a problem, considering the dot only indicates the central hit zone, but the outer circle matters more (to me) because it means that anything within that can get hit unless I'm using a single shot weapon like a Ramjet Rifle, etc....

WOW, I did not know that. Thanks!

For guided shots (any rocket vehicle) the outer circle is important, ignore the dot.

For actual shots, the dot represents where the shot will actually go. This is particularly useful in the Mammoth tank, and the two barrels at a great distance are dramatically different, sometimes requiring you to aim each shot individually.

In single player if you play recruit level, you get an aim assist. That makes the dot go away.