Sign in to follow this  
Cygnus X-1

The fate of Slavik.....

Ok, so Kane is back (hellasyes) but where in this hell of a planet is Slavic? Will he return? And what about Cabal? (more concerned about my fav comander here, but the comp deserves honorablem ention)

He'll probably get a nice throw away line during the game if he's lucky. I doubt he'll make an appearnce.

As for Cabal? He'll get a mention I reckon.

They were such good characters (well Slavic anyway)

damnit.

Like Luk3us said, he'll probably get a mention to tie the story in. Without a doubt Kane would have had him killed for his actions. Going against Cabal was to go against Kane's wishes as seen in Firestorm. It was more than likely he was taken out of the fold without hesitation.

It is highly doubtful GDI or Nod will be using command vehicles like in TS. With no sign of sub-terrainian vehicles, the Montuak will be history (probably the explanation for Slavik's death. The Kodiak was long gone before we even got to this game too.

The Tiberian Saga has a strange element. In Tiberian Dawn, we were supposed to control the war from our PC's. Watching TV on it, only to be interupted by both factions demanding us to "deactivate our defence Matrix" (Firewall) so they could enlist us and take on the roll as the commander who wins the first Tiberium war. TS was in these command vehicles from an actors PoV.

To some degree, this is how we will see it again. We will not be spoken to directly as commanders but see it through the eyes of a commander on the field. Personally I couldn't care which method of story telling they use. So long as I'm kicking ass, and the story takes me on a rollercoster ride.

Now from a Westernstandpoint, what with Slavik trying to hold Nod together and Cabal betraying him....I would say hes in the right. But as for Kane....well dagnabit, this is one time where I hugely disagree with him. While reality says that yes, Slavik is gone, personally, I would have left him alive. Maybe he joined the Forgotten or somthing....(just me being hopeful)