Sign in to follow this  
Saracen

11 And Upwards!

In New Zealand Time it's the 30th August. Today therefore is the final day, the end of C&C's greatful 10 years. I look back and realise how much time and effort went into the celebrations a year ago and I'm totally proud of the result. CNCNZ, kick starting the event could have been the sole inspiration for The First Decade compilation pack. But one thing is clear C&C 10 showed EA the true passion that the fans had for C&C, and that, I believe was the inspiration to start development of C&C 3 Tiberium Wars. So with August 31st almost upon us, Apoc, any chance of some mega C&C 3 info for C&C's 11th Birthday?

If EA permits it: I'd like to see what the Blue Tiberium looks like. Just a small glimpse.

In New Zealand Time it's the 30th August. Today therefore is the final day, the end of C&C's greatful 10 years. I look back and realise how much time and effort went into the celebrations a year ago and I'm totally proud of the result. CNCNZ, kick starting the event could have been the sole inspiration for The First Decade compilation pack. But one thing is clear C&C 10 showed EA the true passion that the fans had for C&C, and that, I believe was the inspiration to start development of C&C 3 Tiberium Wars. So with August 31st almost upon us, Apoc, any chance of some mega C&C 3 info for C&C's 11th Birthday?

Yah TFD was wonderful! No bugs and fully compatible with XP like they said it would be!

All sarcasm aside, its good to see C&C is still here. :)

I liked it. Granted I was expecting more hype, but given the circumstances, it was a pretty good celebration. And C$C TFD....well I finally got the Covert Ops and Counterstrike! (which are impossible to find nowadays) Im happy with it.

And of course, we have C&C3 looming on the horizon. :g: :n:

Maybe its just a coincidence, but the TFD packaging goes along with the CNCNZ blue and black traditional style...kinda cool, eh?

Maybe its just a coincidence, but the TFD packaging goes along with the CNCNZ blue and black traditional style...kinda cool, eh?

I think its safe to assume that its a coincidence ;). My TFD box looks more black than blue anyway

I was gonna go out all Ego high and say CNCNZ and C&C10 was the only reason TFD exists... But I've had enough of the controversy for one week :P

Guest Rabbit

I think you just said it. :wink:

I was gonna go out all Ego high and say CNCNZ and C&C10 was the only reason TFD exists... But I've had enough of the controversy for one week :P

Oh come on, its only Tuesday (night) there cant have been that much controversy this week... :wink:

@Sonic - mine is too, but its still black and blue with yellow line thingies. :D

Isn't the exact date the 31st of August? :?

yeah the 11th year is the 31st. Hence why I said the 30th was the last day. :wink:

So I'll just spend tomorrow night in further commemoration byb contunuing the current run through TD (still working on Nod, and then CO)

Ah....the 11th anniversary is here...it's been a short 8 years for me :D

Unfortunatley, time flies when you're having fun. But a long time ago someone asked the question "I wonder...in the C&C universe if the rts games there resembled RL for us?"

Kinda makes you wonder, does it? :wink:

Guest Rabbit

Oh, great. Now you've given people a real reason to slack off in school and be a moron in these forums. Now we're gonna have people honestly believing Kane. :P

Wasn't me who said that was it?

Afterall we had a few brits who went a bit columbine and decided to go shooting people in the name of Kane... I ain't kidding ya either. After being caught and arrested, they admitted that they did it for the brotherhood of Nod. C&C almost got banned in this country as a result!

Ok, respecting the character, I can see that. But actually killing people in the name of Kane?

Some people need a grip on reality. Then again, Liberals and fanatics do to, but thats a whole nuther story

Guest Rabbit

Good god. I hope they don't start thinking of the C&C games as terrorist propaganda...

I hope not. Because they really arent. Although the parents of a kid who committed a shooting in California tried to blame his violence on GTA games, but that didnt work. So hopefully no one attemtps to do the same over here.

Guest Rabbit

Interesting story about that though... there was one school shooting where the police yelled "Game over!" to get the kid to put the gun down, and it worked.

Coincidence. Every study I have ever read or heard about concerning video games linked to violence has shown that there is no dirrect ocrrelation. And I have some credibil sources, being a psychology student.