Sign in to follow this  
Mario

Squads

im really unsure about the idea of squads in C&C 3 they might work well in other games but it just doesnt feel right for a C&C game otehr than that i found the demo enjoyable and am eagerly looking forward to playin the full game

Didn't we have a big discussion about this and someone went all nuts over this? hmm...

Anyway, I think it looks better having a bunch of soilders instead of just a handful. :nod:

It does make it more realistic, its just it will screw up any fps they may want to make. :?

No it doesn't. As the commando's for both sides are still single units. ;)

That's because the commandos pwn like your mom on a Friday night! I LIKE IT THAT WAY, TOO :P

Whats wrong with squads, I find the change great. Come guys at least embrace some of the new features. If you want all the old school C&C features stick with TibSun or something.

Give EA some credit for adding modern RTS features.

I personally like the squads, i wish the rocket soldiers came in atleast 3s though - but that's my opinion

Guest Rabbit

That actually brings up room for thought. EA said the game could be more easily modified, but I wonder if you can actually modify the number of units per squad.

I can see it now, a crazy modder gone even more mad with the ability to create 10,000 cyborg commandos in one squad, and it will only cost one credit... :lol: :P

Which reminds me, where the hell are the cyborgs? Just because CABAL is thought to be destroyed doesn't mean nod cant still have borgs... :?

1 thing i do like about squads is you can garrison more in a building even though you can only garrsion 3 squads oh and Son or Zee please tell me you'll be able to repair garrisonable buildings in the full game annoys me that you cant in the demo

I haven't t tried that yet, I'm not the garrison type. :D But that sucks that you can't do that...

You can repair them with engineers can't ya? I haven't checked. But you shouldn't be able to repair a civilian building via the repair tool, as its not a part of your base and shouldn't be treated as though it is just because its garrisoned. ;)

tried with an engineer and repair tool neither work

Guest Rabbit

Garrisonable buildings won't be able to be repaired.

And Cyborgs are not returning to the game. Period. That was something that died along with Cabal. It's my best guess that after the problems they had with Cabal and cyborgs, that they just eliminated the production of them.

Who said CABAL was dead? :P

He's probably around somewhere...

Son or Zee please tell me you'll be able to repair garrisonable buildings in the full game annoys me that you cant in the demo

My name is already short, why make it shorter ;)

Anyway. Buildings that you have garrisoned can not be repaired by either method.

That sucks... if you can repair nuke silos and obelisks, you should definitely be able to repair an office building... :roll:

Guest Rabbit

In all honesty, think about real life. There are soldiers trained to repair a basic military weapon, of some sort. Do you honestly think the army would put out the resources to teach soldiers to repair a random office building? That don't make no sense. Army tools are created to be made quickly, easily, and efficiently. Real live structures are not, they're created to be embedded in the ground, to house hundreds of people in some of them, with tons and tons of details.

I'm actually glad that they made it this way. After all, with the defenses we're seeing in some of these buildings, I see it fit to actually have a building become destroyed, instead of your enemy attacking your garrisoned structures while you're just spamming engineers into them.

In all honesty, think about real life. There are soldiers trained to repair a basic military weapon, of some sort. Do you honestly think the army would put out the resources to teach soldiers to repair a random office building? That don't make no sense. Army tools are created to be made quickly, easily, and efficiently. Real live structures are not, they're created to be embedded in the ground, to house hundreds of people in some of them, with tons and tons of details.

I'm actually glad that they made it this way. After all, with the defenses we're seeing in some of these buildings, I see it fit to actually have a building become destroyed, instead of your enemy attacking your garrisoned structures while you're just spamming engineers into them.

Well it's an interesting gimmick *not* being able to repair a civy structure. I would prefer you could somehow, but I'll go with the flow. It's interesting from a strategy point of view - do I clear so I can use it, or use scorched earth policy.

If you get a mutant hovel, then should be able to build a 'foreman' who can put an ad in the paper, get some quotes, take the cheap chinese bid, and do a sloppy job, overtime and over budget... which may or may not fall over like a ZH tower at some later stage. But that's just my opinion.

-gben

I personally like the squads, i wish the rocket soldiers came in atleast 3s though - but that's my opinion

And I wish they weren't so weak against apcs...takes 1 second to kill a squad with a vanilla apc :?

Yeah it's quite annoying, I usually shove a couple of predator tanks infront of my army so that gets their attention first and while theyre attacking it, I can use my real forces to destroy their army

Who said CABAL was dead? :P

He's probably around somewhere...

There is one of those intelligence report thingeys that explains what happens to Cabal. You can go have a look as there is a whole bunch of them in the demo. I'd say more but I don't want to spoil anything. ;)

And where would one find this report on CABAL. I don't remember seeing that one in the demo, I saw the others but not that one.

There is a strings file in the demodata.big file. Its the one at the very top.

There is a lot of stuff in there, there are also some spoilers and such, so don't read it if you don't want to know. I only looked up the cabal thing for interest. ;) So yeah spoilers = bad.. So don't come complaining to me if you read it. ;)