F15pilotX

SAGE

So do you?  

6 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • Don't care
    • No

I know this is thinking very far ahead, but do you think EA will upgrade sage again after cnc3, or make a new engine?

I have no complaints, just a thought that popped into my head while reading the cnc3 forum topic Mammoth Mark II

Yeah, people are going to cry to EA about why they haven't upgraded the graphics to c&c and they will change it. It is almost outdated anyway... :wink:

Yeah time for an upgrade the Sage engine is starting to get old now... But then it does seem to suit the purpose at least for the moment. :)

Only because there never was a tiberian game for it, so I could see ra3 under the sage engine.

I doubt that. Besides RA3.. Ugh... :(

Hey, RA3 is the ONLY WAY EA can redeem themselves for the whole Yuri thing... :roll:

Guest Rabbit

Great. Another one complaining about Yuri. :roll:

You know Hypno people are allowed to criticize EA from time to time, we don't all have to love them to bits like you seem to these days. ;)

Besides Yuri was lame as was RA2 and YR in general, as far as story and such go. ;)

topicsign8rf5jsle7.gif

Any other comments/thoughts?

It's hard to believe how far pc's have gotten in 15 years :shock:

Guest Auronguardian

Yea, just look at games like Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion...

Beautiful Oblivion...

Hopefully if Renegade 2 comes out, it will use the a better engine than what EA uses, liiike.... THE ALMIGHTY SOURCE ENGINE.

Why Source? Because its Physics simulator is so flexible, whole new games could made from it. Also, the lip-syncing was right on, with full range of emotions. Plus, the graphics are so good, they can cure cancer. And these are the things that made Half Life 2 so great.

Also for RA3, they should switch to the Havok engine because it brought such a new, fresh breath of air into the RTS genre through "Company of Heroes", which was hailed as one of the best games of the year.

Once again for those who don't know or for the forgetful. The SAGE engine used in C&C 3 is a new version. Its been upgraded for every game powered by it. The gap between the Generals SAGE and C&C 3 SAGE is big. EA optimized the engine, you tell just by the load times in the demo and added all sorts of affects that were not present the Generals SAGE.

Play BFME then BFME2, once again you will see more engine improvements.

The SAGE engine is a proven winner for EA so I don't expect them dropping for a competitors engine anytime soon. Chances they will reach a point when they will have develop a new one and they will problem call it SAGE2.0 or something.

I think EA should just keep the SAGE. If they can continually upgrade it to keep it up with EA's competators, I personally believe the SAGE would knock everyone out. :)

Guest Auronguardian
Chances they will reach a point when they will have develop a new one and they will problem call it SAGE2.0 or something.

God, if EA has ANY creativity left in its soul they wont just slap a 2.0 on the end and call it "Inventive"

Guest Rabbit

Why do people like you criticize EA so harshly? Come on, they've given us C&C 3, they've given us games in the past, saying that in such a manner shows that you're biting at EA just to be biting at EA.

Social Darwinism. They need to deal with it, and you should too. :nod:

Chances they will reach a point when they will have develop a new one and they will problem call it SAGE2.0 or something.

God, if EA has ANY creativity left in its soul they wont just slap a 2.0 on the end and call it "Inventive"

Like the saying goes, "if it isn't broken, don't fix it"

What I was trying to get at was how far do you think EA can soup sage up before a new engine is required?

Why do people like you criticize EA so harshly? Come on, they've given us C&C 3, they've given us games in the past, saying that in such a manner shows that you're biting at EA just to be biting at EA.

Even though I don't bash EA I can see every reason why people do.

They don't support their products (for very long) and it took them FOREVER to get us a new C&C. I'm grateful to get a new one, but wow, that was a LONG wait.

SAGE again? I hope not. I remember wonder they were putting C&C 3 on SAGE in the first place...

After C&C 3, that should be the end of SAGE. Sup Com, CoH, and others have smacked the crap out of it, so its time to smack the crap out of that engine too. :)

Once again for those who don't know or for the forgetful. The SAGE engine used in C&C 3 is a new version. Its been upgraded for every game powered by it. The gap between the Generals SAGE and C&C 3 SAGE is big. EA optimized the engine, you tell just by the load times in the demo and added all sorts of affects that were not present the Generals SAGE.

I like this and it is so true. If you want facts and figures. This SAGE engine is not the SAGE you saw in BfME2. In fact, 90% of the engine has been reworked over the last 2 years. I believe it was Jason Bender who said that almost none of the engine code in Generals is in this version. This is SAGE 2.0 if you want to look at it this way.

The way the game plays is clear indication of this. Graphically it is entirely different, and even the whole interface code was taken out just to create the sidebar. Then there's the new Physics engine they've worked on in this game. And the next SAGE2 Game will incorporate it more in the Company of Heroes style.

C&C 3 is almost an entirely new game built from scratch. Metaphorically it's like modifying an entire car. You'll rip everything out, put new stuff in, and even add bits on the outside to make it look cool. The only thing that will remain the same is the shell that holds it all together.

People are quick to forget that Valve are doing the same with the Source engine.

The engine is built then improved upon has PC hardware improves.