Sign in to follow this  
mormreed

XP or Vista?

Ok I know I need a new computer soon (well actually right now) so I was wondering whether to go with XP or Vista or even *shudders* Mac?

Guest Rabbit

My personal suggestion is to stick with XP since Vista is new and still needs to be patched and securified.

hmmm I was leaning towards XP anyways cause Vista is such a resource hog and I don't know if I can afford the extra ram thnx for the advice

My personal suggestion is to stick with XP since Vista is new and still needs to be patched and securified.

What he said

I don't plan to use Vista for 'til atleast sometime next year 'cause by then every game will be made for it.

You can't possibly think about oging to Vista when CnC3 is jsut about to be released!! :o WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE! :lol:

Yeah migrating to Vista at this point in time is just going to be problematic. Wait a while then jump over to Vista.

Besides its not all that pretty really. ;)

Microsoft are releasing a new OS in 2009 anyway

screw Vista then ima just wait til the '09 OS comes out

Good choice, otherwise alot of you're older games might not work. Which reminds me to ask, does anyone know if TS is Vista compatible, or is it, dare I say... incompatible... :scared:

Guest Auronguardian

Im staying with XP.

I have just gotten so used to it.

It's not like there's anything wrong with XP, is there?

Guest Auronguardian

No, and thats what people think when a new version comes out, that the old version is "Broken" or "Way out dated" or even Ancient!

But XP still works just fine.

Vista is going to be around for atleast the next 3 years - I know more people going to Linux than Vista

Don't get the express upgrade option? =

As CNCNZ's official Microsoft whore, go for Vista. Only if you got 64-bit computer and get the 64-bit version. Its so much considerably faster than XP in 64-bit. And Vista isn't that resource hogging, it runs more effectively with what its given.

If it ain't too late, go for Vista. If you can, get XP and go with the express upgrade to Vista later if they offer it. (And most do)

I like XP because it is a fast operating system and it has a nice look. And i have used it since i got my first computer :)

Vista is often slowly. And there is still a lot of errors and driver, game and windows failds. It has a pretty nice look, but i dont like it.

XP For Ever - Maybe :roll:

Good job necroing. Also you ain't gonna be with XP forever, sorry. ;)

Good job necroing. Also you ain't gonna be with XP forever, sorry. ;)

Hehe :wink:

I don't see the point of switching to Vista. I seem to lose out more if I do.

I don't see the point of switching to Vista. I seem to lose out more if I do.

You will in a year or two. :P

Vista has some new stuff... But what I want most is the fact that Halo 2 will be on PC... At last, I hated the Xbox controller...

P.S. I have the feeling that the new Mac will pwn the PC, since it has so many new features, and best of all, EA and id have announced that they will start making games for the new Mac, including C&C3 & Battlefield 2142 from EA!

my mom used computers way back in the day and she said she always liked mac better anyways but she needed windows cause it could do math apps, shes an accountant

technically vista is alot better for gaming then xp. Plus vista is more stable then XP. One of the main reason people say it sucks is because they cant tweak vista like xp... when you try to tweak vista, it backfires on you. Great security, yea that security thing is annoying but if you think about it, its VERY good. yea sometimes you may have probloms playing certain games, because they arnt compatible with vista. Let me tell you, its GREAT for gaming. You wouldnt believe all the things you can do with vista, that xp CANT do.

here is a example

with just a microphone, you wont need to use the keyboard anymore, or even the mouse(sept gaming) you can voice activate everything, if your on the forums, you talk thru the mic and it will type it for you. no spelling mistake or grammer mistakes. I thought vista was **** too before i got it. Everyone told me vista was ****, i wanted xp, so we were gonna nuke my new comp coming from dell when it comes.

so i went to test the computer, vista is ****ing amazing in my opinion. Sure its different but this stuff happens, once you get sued to it, youll love it, and clicking the permission crap is just a regular thing.

Lets say this

if you had xp, and someone sent you a virus or adware, you wouldnt even know until you use your anti adware/anti virus programs, so thinks can happen

with vista it asks you if you gave this file permission to install or look at your files(lets say a virus) click no or cancel, that virus wont be on your computer.

xp sure its fun to tweak, but then you have to keep tweaking it because it doesnt work right, sure you can do alot with it. Vista has WAY more security, and justplain able to do more things

here is another example

if a computer has the parts(only vista) you can plug in multiple monitors, 1 on each side. if you set it up on vista, you can move your mouse off the screen(left) it will go to the next monitor, same thing on the right. Cool or what? my brother did it with his laptop.

Most pple who dont like vista is because they cant tweak, or certain games dont work on it.

vista is more stable

Better for gaming

really good security

there are amazing things you can do with vista you cant with XP

just get Vista and see how you like it. i hated it before i tried it, i tried it, now i love it. i play C&C 3 on it, works great. Fast too

trust me vista is a whole lot better then XP

also i found it interesting vista loads everything at once, xp doesnt.

also vista is alot different, and would take a bit to get used to. Just like playing a good game, different but very fun

all I read up to was the voice thing but you could find a program to do that for you on XP too I'm pretty sure...

My laptop came with vista, it now has XP and Ubuntu. I found vista to be more of an attempt at eye candy.

As for 64bit, a 64bit OS isn't totally worth it yet. Even with linux-amd64 packages there are still problems (Adobe Flash), but there are more work arounds in linux than Windawz.

technically vista is alot better for gaming then xp. Plus vista is more stable then XP. One of the main reason people say it sucks is because they cant tweak vista like xp... when you try to tweak vista, it backfires on you. Great security, yea that security thing is annoying but if you think about it, its VERY good. yea sometimes you may have probloms playing certain games, because they arnt compatible with vista. Let me tell you, its GREAT for gaming. You wouldnt believe all the things you can do with vista, that xp CANT do.

here is a example

with just a microphone, you wont need to use the keyboard anymore, or even the mouse(sept gaming) you can voice activate everything, if your on the forums, you talk thru the mic and it will type it for you. no spelling mistake or grammer mistakes. I thought vista was s*** too before i got it. Everyone told me vista was s***, i wanted xp, so we were gonna nuke my new comp coming from dell when it comes.

so i went to test the computer, vista is ******* amazing in my opinion. Sure its different but this stuff happens, once you get sued to it, youll love it, and clicking the permission crap is just a regular thing.

Lets say this

if you had xp, and someone sent you a virus or adware, you wouldnt even know until you use your anti adware/anti virus programs, so thinks can happen

with vista it asks you if you gave this file permission to install or look at your files(lets say a virus) click no or cancel, that virus wont be on your computer.

xp sure its fun to tweak, but then you have to keep tweaking it because it doesnt work right, sure you can do alot with it. Vista has WAY more security, and justplain able to do more things

here is another example

if a computer has the parts(only vista) you can plug in multiple monitors, 1 on each side. if you set it up on vista, you can move your mouse off the screen(left) it will go to the next monitor, same thing on the right. Cool or what? my brother did it with his laptop.

Most pple who dont like vista is because they cant tweak, or certain games dont work on it.

vista is more stable

Better for gaming

really good security

there are amazing things you can do with vista you cant with XP

just get Vista and see how you like it. i hated it before i tried it, i tried it, now i love it. i play C&C 3 on it, works great. Fast too

trust me vista is a whole lot better then XP

also i found it interesting vista loads everything at once, xp doesnt.

also vista is alot different, and would take a bit to get used to. Just like playing a good game, different but very fun

Its expensive.

Get a Mac.