Sign in to follow this  
Valaron

Modding C&C 3.. ?

mmk.. so I downloaded BIGEditorBeta05.zip off of the den site earlier, and have been poking through all the .big files in the C&C3 folder to find the files for editing (units, buildings, weapons, etc).. but for the life of me I Cannot seem to find any of the files that might contain the code for the items I wish to edit.

For example.. In C&C Generals, if you want to alter how tough a tank is, you'd open up the INIZH.big file, go down to DataINIObjectAmericaVehical.ini, and procede to tinker around with whatever little vehical in the file you wish to mess around with.

In C&C3 however, None of the files I've opened seem to have the vehicals, buildings, or any other vital units in the game listed..

Where exactly should I be looking to find these things? o.O

So nobody around here has figured out how to mod C&C3 yet?

I find that hard to believe.. -.-

Naa, EA want to support the whole gaming as a sport concept, and one way of doing that is helping out the modding community. :nod:

So it'll come, when it comes.... :P

heh... i find it funny you guys dont know yet... the reason you cant find it, is because it is a different file type. i cant remember why they did this but they did. This isnt rumors by the way, this came straight from them

... Find what? EA will release the Mod SDK when they're ready to. There's nothing else to it...

so then how is it that there are already mod's that have been released for C&C3 WITHOUT the SDK?

so then how is it that there are already mod's that have been released for C&C3 WITHOUT the SDK?

You can do it, but minor ones are out... Do you see major ones? All I see is stuff like wall mod... :P

But How are they dong it? I havent been able to figure out where any of the important files are.. :(

Donno, in most of their mods they include a readme with their email usually. Email 'em. :)

when they do it, i dont think they really edit anything, thay just add a file

when they do it, i dont think they really edit anything, thay just add a file

They have to add something to allow say the walls to be buildable.