DarkMastero

The First Decade 'string error'

I installed The First Decade and have used the 1.1 and 1.2 patches. Whenever I try to run Tiberian Sun I get the error message:

One or more DLL files were missing or damaged. Please reinstall.

Whenever I try to run Red Alert 2 or Yuri's Revenge I get the error message:

***FATAL""" String Manager failed to initilaized properly.

Listen, if you've still got those problems with Tiberian Sun, and Red Alert 2, e-mail me at "[email protected]" and I can tell you what to do. If you got it figured out by now, just send an e-mail stating it.

Best wishes, Encrtia.

(That also regards to all else who need help on this matter)

Old thread is old... And why could you not post your solution here for all to see for reference? :rockbrow:

Yeah....I thought it was old, so I was leaving it like that not to make a fool outta myself.......but fair point.

To get them working, all ya need to do is, for Tiberian Sun, you need to install this patch http://www.ea.com/official/cc/firstdecade/...sp?src=Patch102 and then it should work perfectly.

And for Red Alert 2, all ya need to do is go to it's installed dictionary, which for "The First Decade", would be generally: C/Program Files/EA Games/Command & Conquer The First Decade/Command & Conquer Red Alert II/RA2 - Then right click the "Ra2" or maybe "game" (Try Ra2 first, then if it doesn't work, game) and click, "Run as Administrator", and there ya are.

2 working games, on the forum for ALL to see, lol.

With regards, Encrtia.

Just wanted to post and say thanks. the right-click and run as administrator on my vista ultimate has solved my problem.

Perhaps this is worthy of a more permanent link in the patch section or something???