Sign in to follow this  
Koen

TibEd 2 alpha 11 & 12

The current official version of TibEd 2 is alpha 12

Alpha 11 has cloning of weapons and objects (yes that's units) and editing of CommandSet.ini and CommandButton.ini.

Alpha 12 has:

- Adding of strings

- Science.ini editing

- Rank.ini editing

- Editing of Behavior modules (all 177 of them!)

- Major stability fix over alpha 11/12prerelease

- removed console debug output

You can download it here: http://www.tibed.net/download?tibed2alpha

does it mean that we can add units and that now m8?

well : i still have to fix my generals think ill start doing it now.

does it mean that we can add units and that now m8?

Yes you can. Not very well tested by me though. Be sure to get the latest alpha 12, as others have some stability problems.

ok m8, will do

ill test it out with generals, its not lagging as much, but

someone said to me on here, is that he installed generals without patches, but ZH with patches, so ive done it now, but im about to try it, ill get your Tibed 2 alpha 12 now as well.

hopefully it works cause im getting a new graphics card soon as well

its a geforce 4 Titan

aww man i got tibed 2 alpha 12 m8y... and it has two error's at startup (not install)

they are:

1: Error in GetBinaryFile for 'iniZH.bigDataINILocomotor.ini' (in readonly mode: -1 and with path 'TBinaryFile').

Error type: EInOutError

Error message: I/O error 103

2: iniZH.bigDataINILocomotor.ini could not be found while creating your project!

they took me a while to write on here lol, but thats what they say, think the 2nd one is problably my problem lol.

Ouch. Can you tell me:

- does it have this with Generals?

- what version is your Zero Hour game?

happy day's koen, i reinstalled generals (for the 27th time) and i applied 'NO' update's for it, and it works fine

so i can use tibed... when it works of course lol

i noticed a few things in the game also, i suppose it could just be me, but you know the new USA unit, the laser thing, avenger? well, as it moves forward, it's wheel spins round a black object on the front wheels but like, in mid air and that lol. wonder if anyone else notices this

yea im getting a new graphics card : can be seen here:

http://uk.special.reserve.co.uk/q_GG2794_s...geforce_4_.html

it was 160 pounds sterling, and its now 87 so, im in the zone lol.

also i need a bit more RAM koen, is there something i can get, cause Generals chomps it down :P (not really a pc freak)

COOL! But I'm still thinking FX V9950, since I'm buying a new PC altogether. Unless that videocard of yours is equal to V9950.

i wouldnt know thierry im not really into it, having a geforce 4 mx 440, i wanted to get a radien, but ma dad's professional workmate said na, it would be less powerfull, go for titan

also im no longer going for that model ti 4200

im either going for the 44 or the 46.

I know about the Radeon stuff. It gives certain games awful graphical errors. Thats also why I'm going Geforce/Navdia. Radeon is also less powerful then other games at speed. But on some other things it might be better. Radeon still gives to much games annoying errors. (I've seen it with generals: missing tanks, half landscapes, no planes to see etc.) So I'm not going Radeon. About your card, it is a nice card. I only don't know if it matches with V 9950. Maybe someone does know.

not so sure about that myself. im not really a graphic's card guy, but i trust what me dad's work mate says.

anyways, the card im getting, the Ti 44 or 46 are pretty powerful ones.

Isnt all this talk about graphic cards a litlle off topic.

It shouldnt even be in this forum.

Yeah, I geuss you're right. Some topic just drift off at times.

Oh, koen there's something about TibEd.

I found some modules with a tag that says unknown and that you should know it.

Well, I want to change the Colour that the Particle Beam uses, but for that I need the Module of the Particle Laser, Medium, Interconnect etc. Anyway of adding it in Alpha 13 (13... cute number huh?)

Yeah, I geuss you're right. Some topic just drift off at times.

Oh, koen there's something about TibEd.

I found some modules with a tag that says unknown and that you should know it.

Well, I want to change the Colour that the Particle Beam uses, but for that I need the Module of the Particle Laser, Medium, Interconnect etc. Anyway of adding it in Alpha 13 (13... cute number huh?)

Can you tell me which units/objects have them? Then I can find them.

I don't mind alpha 13, as it's really the 15th version. Alpha 11 was having the *real* problems ;)

Its about the stuff from the Particle beam. Its in the weapon objects. There is a copy of them for the SupW_General. They're called:

ParticleUplinkCannon_IntenseConnectorLaser

ParticleUplinkCannon_MediumConnectorLaser

ParticleUplinkCannon_OrbitalLaser

The Supw generals uses a copy of them and they are named the same with the exception of having SupW_ in front of it.

Is there also anyway in adding Command Buttons. I've added some superweapons and I'm running short. Also, when I want to edit the Cursor Radius of the Scud Storm I can change the one you use to select a target but not how it looks/ the size when you have selected a target. And (I know, I'm asking a lot) could you add the thing for units that control the way they look. Its called Model I think. And another is how you can change the shortcut keys. (since I have three new supwerweapons).

Gee, I kinda overdid it... :?

Right, I only have all the 177 behavior modules in there, but the other modules are incomplete I guess.

I didn't add all the stuff you wanted (none if it yet, actually), but you're going to love this alpha 13 prerelease anyway because of the new GOTO button:

http://www.tibed.net/beta/tibed2alpha13.exe

just look at an unit, and hit the button @ the CommandSet property. I think it's 8) anyways :D

m8y, i have a problem with tibed 2, its cause i dont have the file named 'commandset.ini'

i dont know where i can get it from either.

lil help please m8y?

also, the game runs fine without this file :P

wait up lol, i found out why now, your tibed works with 1.02 update of generals, but generals wont work straight with it, ill update anyways :(

OK... which game version doesn't have the CommandSet.ini file? Generals 1.0? Or Zero Hour 1.0?

This is getting confusing with all those versions ;). TibEd 2 will work fine without them, until you try to edit CommandSets...

yea got to sort this out with you, cause it's giving me different errors each time and i dont know what its talking about

right you load up tibed 2 right?

'select game and project type'

defalt project, and ZH(always)

'please select a name for your mod'

Press OK, and:

error in 'getbinary file' blah blah blah, same as ive told you before in eariler message

ill give you more if you want

i press ok, and it comes up with a different error

but it still has the same error in this particular file.

problems with the files:

generals.csf

armor.ini

commandbutton.ini

commandset.ini

locomotor.ini

rank.ini

science.ini

specialpower.ini

weapon.ini

airforcegeneral.ini

americaair.ini

americacineunit.ini

americainfantry.ini

americamiscunit.ini

americavehicle.ini

bossgeneral.ini

chemicalgeneral.ini

chinaair.ini

chinacineunit.ini

chinainfantry.ini

chinamiscunit.ini

chinavehicle.ini

civilianbuilding.ini

civilianprop.ini

civilianunit.ini

demogeneral.ini

i know im gunna be a while doing this, i wonder if this is helping in other ways too m8 :/

factionbuilding.ini

factionunit.ini

gc_chem_glabuildings.ini

gc_chem_glasystem.ini

gc_chem_glaunits.ini

gc_slth_glabuildings.ini

(key= "blah"1, underneath it would be 2, meaning blah2, then 3 meaning blah3, etc.)

"gc_slth_gla"system.ini

units.ini

"gla"air.ini

cineunit.ini

infantry.ini

miscunit.ini

vehicle.ini

hulk.ini

infantrygeneral.ini

lasergeneral.ini

"nature"prop.ini

unit.ini

nukegeneral.ini

specialpowerobjects.ini

stealthgeneral.ini

superweapongeneral.ini

system.ini

tankgeneral.ini

techbuildings.ini

weaponobjects.ini

OH and then it works lol, ive just read off what errors came up, and now im done lol, must of went through the whole bunch.

anyways, ill tell you now koen, if it's working or not...

nope doesnt work m8 lol.

but now that i think about it, writing them out was a waste of time :P

anyways, thats all i know about it, all them are errors

i got right now: generals 1.0

ZH 1.02

just so were in sink with eachother here.

also im about to update generals (first game not ZH) and see if it'll work then.

OK, this has got to be a game folder problem somehow. It can't load *any* of the files from INIZH.Big or EnglishZH.BIG. Are you sure your Game folder for Zero Hour is correct, like that it's not set to Generals accidentally? It shows it in the first screen, it should be the Zero Hour folder.

Generals doesn't work either? (lots of missing files there too?)

yea, its the same, but with different files m8

i dont know whats wrong but the game seems to run nicely

maybe it isnt the folder itself, but its location m8? cause i put generals and ZH on my D:/ harddisc instead of the C:/ harddisc?

might be tibed, limme just reinstall it :]

ok just reinstalled it, and i am now editing this post, it stil has the same problem even though its in C:/ harddisc this time :/

now what can i do really? i have no diea :/

I doubt it is your hard disk letter I run my games on my E: disk and no problems.

I've also found a problem. Its in the shockwave stuff. I get a message after give shockwaves to some weapons and then it crashes. It happen when I give a certain unit the shockwave thkng but if I restart Tibed and then go to that unit, it works fine again. Maybe some weapon can't have shockwaves?