Sign in to follow this  
tommy

Red Alert 3

That's too long to be read, but the features seem kinda cool... Tesla Tower sounds kinda weird tho...

That's too long to be read, but the features seem kinda cool... Tesla Tower sounds kinda weird tho...

Oh thanks. :wink:

Just updated the box art and a few other stuff.

There's no mod or anything?

No, its to give an idea on how the red alert 3 storyline could be. Some units are posted there.

About Soviet's superweapon, let me think through it again.

It is a must page for any red alert fan to view, not for some big company buying out another one and produce a meaningless C&C Game without a proper storyline.

Mark

Hm... Can be. You (maybe) need some community help with the story, as it's, well, shallow, but the unit ideas, though, are promising.

Hm... Can be. You (maybe) need some community help with the story, as it's, well, shallow, but the unit ideas, though, are promising.

Explain why is it shallow and give supporting details to substantiate your view and justification.

I ought to have clarified my statement. At the start, the story was quite good, but at the end, the one with the U.S. entry, I was quite miffed. It drew, well, too much parallel with the boat sinking of World War I, which was responsible for the U.S. entry in the war (I forgot what liner it was). Maybe a more cataclysmic or grandiose beginning for the war will be better... Like a nuke attack on a U.S. external territory... If I have offended you in any way, please say so. :?

I ought to have clarified my statement. At the start, the story was quite good, but at the end, the one with the U.S. entry, I was quite miffed. It drew, well, too much parallel with the boat sinking of World War I, which was responsible for the U.S. entry in the war (I forgot what liner it was). Maybe a more cataclysmic or grandiose beginning for the war will be better... Like a nuke attack on a U.S. external territory... If I have offended you in any way, please say so. :?

No, I'm not offended. Don't worry.

I just want some feedback from the community.

A nuke attack is quite overdone. Everyone wants something simpler, not so much complexity. Red alert series is about alternating history, which means having a "world war 1" event in the game is alright.

If you look at intros in Red alert 2 and Red Alert 1, its always about paradrops and tanks of the Reds roaming territories of the allied forces.

-Mark-

How about a nuclear Holocaust? :twisted:

Or Samuel L. Jackson has enough with some russians in a plane and then it causes a war....

How about a nuclear Holocaust? :twisted:

Or Samuel L. Jackson has enough with some russians in a plane and then it causes a war....

Oh man, he's great to be the president of the United States. :shock:

Oh, okay. Anyway, your unit concepts are quite admirable, I must say. However, the conversation was not to my taste... Here's my take on it...

It was then on 1st of July, 2050....

A communist Tug boat accidentally fired cannon shots at an ocean liner in the Atlantic Ocean, known as the "Titanic". This action is what drew the US president attention, as millions of American lives were lost instantly.

The following day, the US president called up Vladimir Headquarters through a secret service line.

"What, is the meaning of all this? First a war in Europe, isn't that enough!? Now you want a World War!?."

Vladimir replied, "Don't procrastinate. Because I'm the one with the military capacity here, not you. Oh and....Your breath stinks."

"You will regret this, in the end. You were a fool to do those atrocities. You went over the line." President McDonald slammed the phone down and made a public announcement that the States had declared a full scale war on all countries allied with the Russians.

I like the "your breath stinks" part... Really makes Vladimir a bad boy or something. :twisted:

2050? You do realize that is after C&C3?

It's his story. I just quoted it. So maybe you should be telling him that.

C&C: 3 isn't related to Red Alert 3. Everyone knows that since EA Games took over Westwood.

This Red Alert 3 storyline is based right after red alert 2 : yuri's revenge.

I realized that. Thanks for the date.

I've made an adjustment in the date and speeches.

C&C: 3 isn't related to Red Alert 3. Everyone knows that since EA Games took over Westwood.

I beg to differ.

I beg to differ.

Tell me your side of the story.

That explains how RA1 en TD could be connected. There is no way to fit RA2 into that story.

That explains how RA1 en TD could be connected. There is no way to fit RA2 into that story.

Where is your faith? Kane would be disappointed..

I don't think Kane could care less for Red Alert :)

I don't think Kane could care less for Red Alert :)

That was even more blasphemous.

Heretic! Everyone knows Red Alert is where Kane began to aid mankind in Ascension! We need RA3 to connect the Tiberium series to the Red Alert series!

Obviously you guys still think they are related.

APOC has mentioned that there will not be any future CNC Game to link them together. Remember that General Carville appeared on IMDB on Kane's wrath?

http://cncden.com/index.php?subaction=show...amp;ucat=3&

Merging is highly unlikely. If you guys still insists that they link: http://markie0.freehyperspace.com/cnclinkage.htm . Here it is. Just look at the diagram. I will explain my theory some other time. Some of you may think it has no sense, that's alright. As I've said... some other time (maybe in 1 week time).

Besides, Red Alert 3 is a continuation of Red Alert 2 (for those people who didn't think red alert series, tiberian series and generals series are not related). As you can see in the first decade official video, it says three series, which shows that EA Games had split the series into three categories.

Good point. However, another linkage is still possible. Maybe if someone can give the starting date of TD and ending date of RA2, I'll make up my own link. I'm sure we can find a compromise. After all, it isn't too late... Yet.