Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anti-Marine

The Movie "Cloverfield"

what the hell.. what U.S.A spends they are going to get back from wars.

what the hell.. what U.S.A spends they are going to get back from wars.

Que? How the hell do they make money while being at war? Sure it's a large investment in the country, but it doesn't do any good for the national debt.

National bank makes money.

Soldiers get paid with them and pays a part back in taxes.

Suddently USA has a hell of alot in interests and they money is worth more.

National bank makes money.

Soldiers get paid with them and pays a part back in taxes.

Suddently USA has a hell of alot in interests and they money is worth more.

No the US makes a bit of money off sales tax from the tickets in some states. Still most of that even goes to the states. I don't see how the federal reserve makes money off of that, and the future of the dollar is somewhat bleak, the euro has been over it for quite some time now and I believe it is still forging ahead.

Yeah but the weak dollar has to do with the large national debt that the U.S. has. I heard somewhere it was increasing by 3 billion every day....

And Bush keeps lowering taxes :?

Yeah but the weak dollar has to do with the large national debt that the U.S. has. I heard somewhere it was increasing by 3 billion every day....

Not at all true... Learn up on economics and the US defitic history before you associate the low dollar to our national deficit...

Guest Spartan-117²

You know guys, I thought this was a talk about the movie "Cloverfield" not about the US Budget stuff

well it went on a tangent, anyways heard a review on the radio the other day and they said it was pretty good

You know guys, I thought this was a talk about the movie "Cloverfield" not about the US Budget stuff

A topic about a movie that didn't even come out yet (when you made the topic) can't stay on topic long, common sense.

Not at all true... Learn up on economics and the US defitic history before you associate the low dollar to our national deficit...

Actually it does have to do with it.

National debt increases means the government spends too much. And that leads to more money to spend for the american people, leading to inflations and stuff. Thus making the dollar go down. Don't teach me about economics :P

I heard that the National bank once forced the entire nation to pay the bank bills or somethink, can't remember what for.

Actually it does have to do with it.

National debt increases means the government spends too much. And that leads to more money to spend for the american people, leading to inflations and stuff. Thus making the dollar go down. Don't teach me about economics :P

Uhh huh. Tell me how our dollar was strong in the past even with a horrible deficit?

The dollar is going down because:

The war in Iraq

Oil prices

Outsourcing manufacturing jobs to other nations

The dollar has been inflated for a long time

The deficit is a very small factor on why the dollar is falling. It has always been a factor, but like in the past, a small one. The above are the main reasons why. Especially oil.

The low dollar could benefit us though... Our products are cheaper in foreign countries, thus (maybe...) bringing back U.S. jobs, more manufacturing, etc, etc.

I heard that the National bank once forced the entire nation to pay the bank bills or somethink, can't remember what for.

Our National Bank? Nope.

Guest Rabbit

Well, you're kind of both right.

Spending money on iraq and on oil IS indeed ruining our economy, thus causing inflation. For every dollar the government puts out there, the more inflation increases.

HOWEVER, for every dollar put out there, the more our deficit is increased. Thus, it's still related to our inflation.

However, our dollar hasn't always been low, it just hasn't been high. It has been getting worse over the last little while though, with the price of pretty much everything rising.

Guest Spartan-117²

Oil these days... almost $100 A barrel of the black gold... president bush should use the Strategic US Oil fields.... instead. he does this, waste it on the war, waste it on foreign oil, waste it on his useless stuff

Imho money would be better spent on the NASA than on the war in Iraq.

Btw, lowering taxes (like Bush did) is most likely not better for the economy than investing in stuff.

It seems that a major complaint about Cloverfield is that the shaking camera is making people feel sick.

The camera seemed to be no problem for me, in fact, it added to the suspense See here

It is an effective film, deploying its special effects well and never breaking the illusion that it is all happening as we see it.

Guest Spartan-117²

I want to see it now... to feel the rollercoaster effect

J.J. Abrams is the producer. Isn't he also the one that produced the series "lost" and "alias"?

Hmm.. I'm getting quite excited for this movie.

Guest Spartan-117²
what kind of monster is it anyway?

If you saw the trailer, at one part Two Figures are attacking a Female behind a tent or something like that

If you saw the trailer, at one part Two Figures are attacking a Female behind a tent or something like that

Yes I've said this before... :)

J.J. Abrams is the producer. Isn't he also the one that produced the series "lost" and "alias"?

Yes he is.

They would be bio-suited men.. as he said.

Go see the movie and find out.