Sign in to follow this  
Guest PTG0222

GAME DETECTED MISMATCH, LOST SYNCHRO... HELP!!!!

Guest PTG0222

What's up guys

Here's my problem, I try playing C&C Z.H. online (using network connection) and somehow, after playing in average 10-15 minutes the game just shows this message saying that it lost synchronization...

For your info, we tried connecting both threw internet (direct ip) and with a crossover cable, and the same thing happens

We both applied all the patches (1.7 for C&C and 1.02 for C&C Z.H.) and the problem is still there!

(One last thing, we tried connecting with a third computer (meaning I wasn't playing) and my two friends were able to play without any problem? Does it mean that my computer is maybe too slow????)

PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP!!

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

PTG0222

([email protected])

I doubt its your pc speed causing the problem and do you connet to the inter net throught a router/hub? if you do make sure you have the right ip adresses etc in your router or set it on auto detect if you use a router try typing 192.168.1.1 into your internet/ netscape explorer adress bar this is usualy the ip accsess point for most routers

Guest PTG0222

Thanks for your fast answer "osey 2003"

No, I didn't use any router/hub, only internet threw direct connect (ip) and with a crossover cable. Both times same thing happens!

If you don't think its my computer speed that's the problem, maybe, could it be because I use win2k and they use winXP?

Because, it worked fine when they played together, but when I join, it all screws up....

Thanks for the help! :)

No.. windows 2000 and XP are really the same OS but xp has a few different features and a little faster but xp is based on 2k

maybe it is your internet settings do you have a firewall? and i forget what a cross over cabel is enlighten me :)

Guest PTG0222

That's what I thought also, win2k and winxp are pratically the same, so I didn't think it would be that the problems!

No, none of us have firewalls and my internet settings are default settings! We both have fast speed internet (Modem CABLE and DSL)

But when we used the crossover cable, we didn't need the internet connection, in fact, the crossover cable is this new cable that has on both ends the same plug you plug into your network card

(I think it's called Ethernet, but crossover and ethernet is not the same, crossover is made especially to connect two computers to play games threw connecting both network cards)

For more info: http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetai...mp;newdeptid=18

i see i think i used one of those the first time i tried to network to play my games an browse internet and it was unsuccessful :( so i purchased a router and 2 ethernet cabels for my 2 machines that was the onyl way i could get a network set up so maybe you need a router im not sure though cus im not realy an expert when it comes to networkin :(

To network 2 computers together all you need is:

An ethernet network card in each computer,

A Cat5 CROSSOVER cable.

Once you've got that you plug the network cards together and set up windows (which is the hard part) and you have a network.

Another setup is (which I use):

A hub (£10),

2 Cat5 (NON-CROSSOVER) cables.

Cable one goes into one computer and into the hub, cable two goes into the hub and the other computer. You need Internet Connection Sharing on the computer that is also connected to the internet.

Guest PTG0222

Hi guys, I appreciate you trying to help me, but the question is not to try to connect, because I am able to connected to my friends computer both ways (internet and crossover cable)!

The problem is, whenever we're playing, when the game is getting interresting (about 15-20 minutes) the game gets disconnected right after this message saying "GAME DETECTED MISMATCH, LOST SYNCHRO..."

Is there any solution to this? I heard patches fix this in replays, but does it fix the problem itself????

Thanks for your solutions!

Guest PTG0222

Thanks a lot guys!

I appreciate your help! What I'm going to do is re-install both games, apply both patches, and start all over! I'll let you guys know if it worked or not!

Wish me luck! :?

PTG0222 (thanks for everything)

Some mods and other things that modifiy the game can also cause the mismatch/syncro errors I think.

Guest PTG0222

This stupid thing is starting to piss me off!

As I told you guys, I uninstalled everything, both games and I deleted all folders from the games, and the next time I tried same thing happened!

I then wrote to EA SUPPORT and the guys told me it could be all my background programs (antivirus etc...) that could be affecting the game! I closed all programs, at least the ones I could and the same thing happened after 10 minutes the game started.

I'm fed up of all this, and really desperate! If any of you guys know anything, (I highly doubt it, it has to be an exceptionnal case) I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks again!

PTG0222

could you post your system specs up; just to make sure your machine isnt too slow but like i said before i dont think system speed would have any effect

Guest PTG0222

Don't laugh,

I've always said that my computer is good to go to a TECHNOLOGY MUSEEUM!! :wink:

I have a:

Petium II, 350 mhz

ATI RADEON 8500 LE 64mb

YAMAHA DSXG PCI Sound Card

320 mb rams

Although it's old, I was always able to play games on it, from the little GTA2 till GTA VICE CITY not mentionning all the other games I've played on this old junk!

I'd like to mention though that playing the game solo works perfectly...

Thanks for the help....

The minimum processor requirement is double yours - could be the problem? I can't understand how you can play the game as I used to play it on a P3 700Mhz and it just bearable.

i thought maybe your system would be the requirements for generals but 350mhz isnt enought i think its 800mhz min? i prob think thats why u maybe geting error! you most likely have to upgrade mate :(

Guest PTG0222

Final verdict!

You guys might be right, it has to be my computer who's causing all this trouble! Then again, I'm playing zero hour on a PII, what was a thinking!! :oops:

It's just weird, cuz I play the game normally (Solo) without any problem and it runs fine!

Anyways guys, I call it a night! Thanks a lot for you help!

Ciao, PTG0222

PS: If any newbies read about this problem and have anything to add, feel free, we never know, maybe there is a solution after all...

Your computer might be the problem, then again I sit here thinking, I have a athlon xp 2200 1.8 ghz 1.00 gb ram 128ram radeon 9600xt

and I still get that same problem.

Going through lan/ playing a game and we get about 20 mins intothe game and get the mismatch crash problem.

I htink its just bad programing.

Im sorry guys but this is bollcoks..... EA cant get th problem solved.. I have the exact same propblem Mismatch error...and nobody knows why it causes it..!! Big it up for EA..!!

My specs are as follows:-

AMD 3.0+Ghz

1GB 400mhz DDR RAM (Dual Bank Configurtion)

Radeon 9800PRO 128MB

3COM 10/100Mb NIC

Soundstorm APU

N-Force 2 Chipset

1MB DSL Connection

No Firewalls/No Routers/No Antivirus's/ Nothing much running in the background.

Think My system meets and is beyond the system requirements Yet I get the same crap..i.e Game works perfectley in solo finished the gane... But dont work on-line..!

What possesd EA to make CnC a peer to peer network game i will never know...cant program the thing to work properly..!!

I have all the latest games and this is the only one i have problems playin on line..!! And EA Tech suck cause they havent a clue...!!

yours faithfully

Simullacrum

Guest callum

Damn... EA can't do anything right but invent the damn games. :oops:

Guest Snow White

Its not the processors, its not the ram, the patches dont fix it, its not the cracks its the bloody stupid programming in the game.

I play at a LAN with 7 others we have the problem and have tried everything we can think of.

The slowest computer at the LAN is a Athlon 2600+ with 512mb ddr dual channel Ram with a fx5600 video card, all other computers are higher specs both Intel and AMD.

We have tried cracks, patches, originals in each computer without cracks, different maps, lowest settings in options, highest settings in options and we either get "game has detected a mismatch" or "vote for kick a player" screen coming up. The computers have all drivers updated and we have tried older drivers aswell. The room is Air-conditioned and have no computers overclocked.

We are using a switch 10/100 with a router attached for IP assigning.

NOTE: ALL other games we play have no crashes/ lockups etc only C&C Generals and C&C Generals Zero Hour.

IF Anyone has a True answer on how to fix or knows someone that has fixed this problem please respond or email us the answer as we all enjoy the game but really hate it when (like the other guy says just when the game gets interesting) it drops out.

you can email us on [email protected]

thanks for your help in advance.

Robert Storrie.

Guest xylocaine

I get the same error "detected a mismatch..."

I have an Alienware 1.8 p4

Geforce 3 500ti

768 megs Ram

It's not a computer speed issue.

My theory is that it's in the programming, but I also have been in games when people are losing and they threaten to cause a mismatch then do it.

EA really needs to address this issue... it is ruining the online experience.

Guest Ryotech

I get this problem even if I connect only 2 computers to a router!

I get game detected a mismatch. The only solution we found was that we should keep AI players in the game at low AI requirement (medium difficulty). We never tried against each other...but I definitely do not think it is computer specifications...we have:

AMD Athlon 3000+

Asus ATI radeon 9800XT and 9600 SE (Overclocked)

HyperX Kingston Dual Channel 1Gig DDR 400 on an ABIT NF7-S mobo with nforce 2 chipset and Serial ATA Hard Drives. We are also disabling all background software....

We are seriously thinking of increasing network speed to gigabit LAN, perhaps it can work better. If anyone already has a gigabit network available, please try it out and email us on: [email protected]