Jump to content
Guest Rabbit

Am I being scammed?

Recommended Posts

Guest Rabbit

So, I posted a laptop up for sale on Craigslist, which, if you don't already know, it's an online store, where you deal locally and people pick things up.

 

Someone offered to buy my laptop, and then said this:

 

Thanks for your prompt responds, i've take my time finding this laptop been the replica to what i really want, i'm also comfortable with price on it and i'll really be glad only if you can be of help to me in this way. I'm buying this laptop for a colleague and as of now she on a mission trip to Africa and i want you to ship this laptop to her after my payment to you,i'll also be responsible for any cost of shipping,I can send payment through Paypal or Western Union.Send your payment details or paypal email address. Please let me know how much to add to this $600 as a shipping charge to Nigeria 23402 as just confirmed it from www.usps.com and is $80 but i'll make it $90 for international shipping via EMS United state postal services in 8 days priority express mail and i'll get back to you with the shipping information. I'll send payment immediately i got your responds.

Do I smell a nigerian scammer?

 

Anyway, I told him that as long as I get the money sent to my paypal account (I sent him one without any of my information or credit cards attached to it, just in case), that I'd send it AFTER I got the payment in full. Then I'm transferring it all to cash, so there's no way he can retract the payment. Feasible, no?

Share this post


Link to post

Don't take. It's bogus. I wouldn't sell anything to anyone who can't speak proper English.

Share this post


Link to post

I've gotten two hits like this before on two eBay sales I did. Both of them said "paypal or Western Union"....

Share this post


Link to post
Guest Rabbit

I'm trying to reverse scam them. I'm waiting for them to send me money via a secondary paypal account I have, and I'm cashing it before I even touch a post office.

Share this post


Link to post

Is definitely a scam, the fact there is poor spelling, punctuation and grammar gives it away. As well as the mention of Nigeria.

Share this post


Link to post

*sighs* why does the world have to be so corrupt? :\ why can't we all just... get along? D=

Share this post


Link to post

Cause then the world would be boring. :)

Share this post


Link to post
*sighs* why does the world have to be so corrupt? :\ why can't we all just... get along? D=

keeps ya on your toes, it is so fun to reverse scam people go for it Zee, and if you really wanna **** em off then when you send anything back send the e-mail they sent you with it then at the end just be like, oh and by the way I edited all the grammar in your previous e-mail if I were you I would go to school, oh wait nvm schools aren't common in Nigeria XD

Share this post


Link to post

don't be an ass. if he actually pays you the money and you successfully cheque it, it means he was serious. so send him the freaking laptop D= otherwise you're just a criminal

Share this post


Link to post
*sighs* why does the world have to be so corrupt? :\ why can't we all just... get along? D=

Its just Nigeria. :P

 

don't be an ass. if he actually pays you the money and you successfully cheque it, it means he was serious. so send him the freaking laptop D= otherwise you're just a criminal

Don't kid yourself.. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
don't be an ass. if he actually pays you the money and you successfully cheque it, it means he was serious. so send him the freaking laptop D= otherwise you're just a criminal

A scammer will not go to any authorities, especially if Zee keeps logs of all messages sent. Scammers don't have a case, at all.

Share this post


Link to post

yes but my point is what happens if it's just some guy in nigeria who wants to buy a laptop? believe it or not it is possible. and if he PAYS you the money and you successfully cash it, it's obviously not a scam is it? so why just steal the money? :\

Edited by Mina Synd

Share this post


Link to post
Guest Rabbit

Plus, they have a tendency to send you money that you can cash fine, but it winds up being stolen or reversed a few weeks later, and the banks hold YOU responsible.

 

Either way, I just sold the laptop, for 500 dollars to a legitimate buyer.

Share this post


Link to post

wow o.o; i didn't realise they were quite so devious... i think my world opinion just dropped again... i'm really starting to lose hope for mankind ever being worth something

Share this post


Link to post

Time to become a rastafarian it seems :)

 

Share this post


Link to post

i couldn't do the dreads or smoking weed all day xD and i struggle to understand the accent >.> i'd rather be a canadian ey? XD

Share this post


Link to post

After you get smashed a few times, the hair comes naturally, along with everything else. :P

Share this post


Link to post

Exactly right

Share this post


Link to post

well i don't do drugs... cos drugs are bad :o xD only drug i do is caffeine in coca cola X3;

Share this post


Link to post
Drugs are bad, mmmmkay?

This is news to me...

Share this post


Link to post

Drugs are good for you, hence why doctors like to give people lots of them. :P

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×