Sign in to follow this  
neikes

first decade says "Please insert a C&C cd!" ?!

Hi,

I don't get it. After successfully installing First Deacde I wanted to play the first C&C part. But when starting C&C95.exe, I get: "Please insert a Command & Conquer CD" and he won't accept if I click "OK" with the First Decade CD in drive...

I haven't found this problem anywhere else on the web. What in the world is wrong?

I got a similar error when attempting to play Yuri's Revenge on TFD with Windows XP. I discovered the computer, for some unfathomable reason, turned on my compatibility to Windows 98. I had to deactivate the compatibility, then restart the computer before it would run correctly. My computer has done this to me a few times too... not sure why.

Hi,

thanks for your help. for some reason I could not start the Tiberium Dawn from the TFD menu although it was successfully installed. Starting directly the c&c95.exe resulted in the "Insert CD" prompt.

I don't know what in the world went wrong during the installation, but after repairing the program using the TFD, the game finally works fine....