Survey:  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Have you gotten Spore? (don't answer others if this one is no plz)

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. How would you rate it?

3. 3. How do you feel about it?

• It exceeded my expectations! Awesome!
    • I got what I thought I would...glad I got it.
    • Eh, not as good as I thought it would be....
    • It was a waste of money. I want a refund!

Ok, here's all the info I can find on it:

About SPORE

From the mind of Will Wright, the creator of The Sims, comes SPORE™, an epic journey that takes you from the origin and evolution of life through the development of civilization and technology and eventually all the way into the deepest reaches of outer space.

Tide Pool Phase

Fight with other creatures and consume them to adjust the form and abilities of your creature. It’s survival of the fittest at the most microscopic level.

Creature Phase

Venture onto land and help your creature learn and evolve with forays away from your nest. The only way to grow is by taking chances!

Tribal Phase

Instead of controlling an individual creature, you are now caring for an entire tribe. Give them tools and guide their interactions as you upgrade their state of existence.

City Phase

Bring your creatures’ race into a new golden era by building up the technology, architecture, and infrastructure of their city.

Civilization Phase

Once your city is established, your creatures begin seeking out and interacting with other cultures. Make contact with an olive branch or a war cry. The goal for your creatures is to conquer the planet.

Space Phase

The time has come to move on to other worlds in your solar system. Make contact, colonize, or terraform, then venture further to find other solar systems. A ‘mission’ structure provides new goals in your quest for galactic dominance.

video and pics

4 more videos

Some good pics (look at all four pages)

A very cool game, but I decided to create another topic since the last one was old and disoragnized :wink:[/url]

is it out yet? will it only be online...? will the reqs b big? hope not

It will be offline and online, and is coming out January 1, 2007 for Europe, and TBA 2007 for US, as of now :wink:

Guest Auronguardian

This certifies that Will Wright is a god.

:lol: He does make some good games...lets hope that this will be one of them :nod:

Du'h its going to be. No question. :D

I wanna know how they do online.. Will Wrights.. What other games does he make? Is he responcible for Sim City?

dude, it'll be much better..did you watch the spore demo video? 6 different modes, editors for each mode, including flora, fauna buildings, etc...it'll be awsome! :D

Will Wrights.. What other games does he make? Is he responcible for Sim City?

Yeah he made Sim City and The Sims/Sims2, so I guess we will see the usual flood of Spore expansion packs as well.

Sim City pwns!!! :D
haha, yeah it does :D

keep on voting people! :P

We seriously need a "You have to post a comment for your vote" option. 2 people say it'll look terrible but none have said that. :roll:

Its the internet, annoynmity regins supreme. ;)

So, for you people that think it looks terrible, any reasons? :?:

I guess its some jackasses who wouldn't know what a good game even if it was C&C that slapped them in the face. :roll:

Guest Rabbit

well, hell, it wasn't me. I just grinned.

Jesus Holy Necro Batman!!! I've bumped a 2 year old topic!

It's relevance is clear though. It's been long in the process of development. A lot of blood, sweat and tears have gone into it. And now it has been gold for some time. Next week, Spore finally hits store shelves across the planet for the PC and MAC!

So, let's get this topic pumping once more. Who is getting it? What are you looking forward to? And for those who aren't.... why the hell not!?

Mine's pre-ordered, and it's going to cause many, many late nights! PC Gamer UK gave it a 91% score, and it appears to be living up to the hype...

Let's discuss.....

Who is getting it? What are you looking forward to? And for those who aren't.... why the hell not!?

Not getting it, looks to weird for my tastes.

To be honest I find this game the most innovative thing to come out of the industry in perhaps the last 10 years. The only thing that matches it is the creation of the RT4X genre.