Sonic

13 Days Until Red Alert 3: Uprising

I've e-mailed APOC to find out if he knows Uprising's download size. He may reply here with rough estimate or something.

I'd say it will be closer to 4-5GB. As it is a standalone, and its the HD vids that will take up a large amount of space. Bout 1GB by themselves.

True, but there won't be any MP attached to it.

The New Commander's Challenge file size will displace the missing multiplayer file size, I believe. So I guessed its almost the same size as the original RA3.

Dammit why do all these developers release all their games at the same time?

So I'm getting over the next week or two:

Empire Total War

Tom Clancy Hawx

Dawn of War II

Resident Evil V

Red Alert 3: Uprising

Damn you developers!

Well I pre-ordered via eastore this morning using paypal.

Preload FAQ

1. When a customer's product is available in EA Download Manager in a preload state, the customer will be able to download the product ahead of the product release date. This will save the user time when the game becomes available to unlock, unpack, and install.

2. You will be charged for the game on the date of pre-load release, and your statements will reflect this.

3. When a customer logs into EA Download Manager, the product available for preload will be available to download. The customer can download the encrypted game file. The download time will vary based on network connection for the customer. For example, a 4 gig download can take a few hours based on typical DSL speeds, while it can take 30 minutes on a T1 line.

4. Once the encrypted game file is downloaded, EA Download Manager will display a timer informing the user when the product will be "unlocked". This timer appears on the lower right hand corner of the product row within EA Download Manager. The timer will count down to the time the product unlocks. The product will unlock automatically when the unlock date for the product is reached.

5. Once the product unlocks, the customer will be able to "decrypt" the downloaded file. This will usually take 15-30 minutes depending on computer specifications. EA Download Manager will show the product as "decrypting".

6. Once the product is decrypted, the product will "unpack" the compressed file to the game installer folder. This can take another 15-30 minutes depending on computer processor speed.

7. Once the product is unpacked, the customer will be able to "install" the game. EA Download Manager will show an "install" button. Clicking on the install button will start the game installer.

8. Decrypting and Unpacking to start the game installer can take 30-60 minutes depending on the game file size and computer speed.

9. Game manuals will only be available upon activation of the game.

So now I'm just waiting an email to say the pre-download is ready to download...

By the way, the system recs for uprising pretty much mirror the original RA3 specs. Although the download size still isn't listed, they both want at least 10GB hd space once installed. Hinting that the download file will probably be the same size as RA3. Hopefully APOC will respond to Sonics email soon and confirm. And hopefully the game will be availble as a pre-load before the big day!

lol at the time its going to take.

Several hours to download + several minutes to decrypt + several minutes to install + several hours to bitch at EA because the game isn't working.

I can see it now. :P

Look at the "Game Tracker" on the main site. It has the release info. You can also look at the Forum Calendar as well.