Sonic 297 Posted July 16, 2009 It has been revealed that Louis Castle, who co-founded Westwood Studios with Brett Sperry in 1985, has left Electronic Arts to head up a new position as the CEO of GarageGames' InstantAction. Louis Castle had been with Electronic Arts since 2003 after Westwood Studios was closed down. Louis Castle was influential in the development of many games in the Command & Conquer franchise. Most recently he was the vice president and General Manager of EA's Blueprint Studio and played a big role in the launch of Steven Spielberg's Boom Blox. GameDaily have more on this story right here. Share this post Link to post
Silverthorn 0 Posted July 16, 2009 It is pitiful to see him go, but no further comment as there's all that bashing I may create. So anyway, let's see if C&C4 & the future of the franchise itself may survive without him. If C&C can still survive without our original founders, so why not Louis? I guess it'll still be in good hands as usual even if they do not have the original Westwood spirit like I predicted. Share this post Link to post
CCHyper 3 Posted July 16, 2009 Shame... Hope he does well wherever hes goes. Share this post Link to post
Malevolence 6 Posted July 16, 2009 Wish him all the best. I guess the franchise will still spawn more sequels and spin-offs even if he's not around any more. Share this post Link to post
NODSOLDIERGIRL 2 Posted July 17, 2009 I hope the franchise can survive with out him. This really has me concerned for C&C. First it was David, then Mike and now Louis Castle.....what is going on?? Good Luck guys! Share this post Link to post
Sonic 297 Posted July 17, 2009 Its just business. Happens all the time in the gaming industry. People get better offers and they simply move on. Share this post Link to post
Gben 20 Posted July 17, 2009 Yeah just business. I'm not to worried about this either. Share this post Link to post
Sonic 297 Posted July 17, 2009 Here's a pic of APOC and Louis Castle. Taken at his going away party about 7 hours ago. Share this post Link to post
Silverthorn 0 Posted July 17, 2009 I think you're right, anything like this can happen, possibly even with our original C&C founders. Share this post Link to post
Malevolence 6 Posted July 17, 2009 Here's a pic of APOC and Louis Castle. Taken at his going away party about 7 hours ago. Nice update with the snapshot! Share this post Link to post
Silverthorn 0 Posted July 17, 2009 Yeap, a last goodbye photo before Castle goes. Share this post Link to post