Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

Tiberian Twilight Reveal Video

We have secured a short video of the moment that Tiberian Twilight was revealed as the subtitle for Command & Conquer 4. Its only 8 second long, but you get to relive the moment over and over.

Feel free to share your thoughts about the new name.

"And of course, it's Tiberian Twilight"

*Takes off paper*

"Hehe"

*Crowd cheers and applause*

Hey, Sonic, do you use MSN?

If so, feel free to add me: Alex05222[at]hotmail[dot]com

Same for you Luk3us, and you too, Malevolence, if guys you have MSN, add me.

In fact, anyone who has MSN and wants to add me, feel free to do so. ;)

Edited by Alex07

When I first heard about it it was from Alex06's post. I don't believe it, though it make me kinda excited, until I saw Koen's thread and followed by the proof to the twitter page and behold the snapshot.

Very excited, and happy about it. It's not that I voted for Tiberian Twilight in the "contest", its mainly due to the fact that C&C4 marks the conclusion to C&C Kane's story arc. It's been in our C&C blood that we had this Dawn, Sun, Twilight talk since god knows when. The fact that EALA has accepted Tiberian Twilight instead of some weird names or possibly Tiberium Wars sort of names make me pretty comfortable and relieved, as well as overjoyed at the same time.

Edited by Malevolence

When I first heard about it it was from Alex06's post. I don't believe it, though it make me kinda excited, until I saw Koen's thread and followed by the proof to the twitter page and behold the snapshot.

Very excited, and happy about it. It's not that I voted for Tiberian Twilight in the "contest", its mainly due to the fact that C&C4 marks the conclusion to C&C Kane's story arc. It's been in our C&C blood that we had this Dawn, Sun, Twilight talk since god knows when. The fact that EALA has accepted Tiberian Twilight instead of some weird names or possibly Tiberium Wars sort of names make me pretty comfortable and relieved, as well as overjoyed at the same time.

Not to mention it's definetly better then, say, Command and Conquer 4: Tiberium Wars 2 lol

Not to mention it's definetly better then, say, Command and Conquer 4: Tiberium Wars 2 lol

Yea, if its Tiberium Wars 2, you'll probably see fans such as Silverthorn killing himself or doing something crazy. :lol:

Yea, if its Tiberium Wars 2, you'll probably see fans such as Silverthorn killing himself or doing something crazy. :lol:

I would probably just super troll their forums until I got my entire apartment complex banned, then y entire school campus banned.

I did wrote Tiberian Twilight, I wasn't interested in the beta, I was more interested in getting that name up in order to give the last honor to never forget Westwood, after all, they did create that name and was still preserved long after they got merged.

I also wish the video was longer such as :

Apoc : Ladies & gentleman, are you ready to see the subtitle?

Crowd : Yes...!!

(Video plays as normal)

Applause is even longer...

Apoc : Well, there you have it.

I was browsing through the video youtube's page comments, and honestly I'm so sick and tired of having n00bs replying that how much they hate it BECAUSE IT HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE EMO VAMPIRE FILM. :facepalm:

The have no idea about the origin of Tiberian Twilight naming, no idea.

This shows how much the fanbase has changed, more n00bs in the mix and gone are the hardcore addicts. That's very terrifying.

Oh the humanity, Mal! I thought there will be Westwoodians kept their spirits, but apparently they moved on to something else or EA itself. The poor RTS genre, the poor franchise. Oh Westwood (NOT Petroglyph or Jet Set Games), we wish you were alive again. :(

Actually I wasn't referring to the Westwood fans, its more of a general C&C old time fans.

They sound like a little bit Westwood, but more like former Westwood fans to me. Or worse, traitors (I call them that way ONLY when they whine the TT name). If they were here and at your TT poll thread, they'll probably vote for either both the "No, it's more related to the vampire movie" & the "No, I don't want anything to do with Westwood." And of course, will drop by to flame against me & other hardcore Westwoodians.

Edited by Silverthorn

LOLWUT Y R EA NAMMING THIS AFTER TEH MOVIE JUST BCUZ IT WAS A POPULAR MOVIE DOZNT MEAN U CAN CALL CNC THAT TO MAKE MORE MONEY I HATE U EA

Yeah, people are being lame in the Youtube comments. Then again, when are people NOT lame in Youtube comments? Here are some real gems:

Tiberian Twilight. ... Way to let us down again EA. Should've gone with mine. Tiberium: Eve of Destruction

That name sounds quite horrible, thank you sir.

The worst name in the whole CnC history. I submitted " Kane's Final Resolution" which i think is quite cool.

I can see it now. CNC 1: Tiberian Dawn. CNC 2: Tiberian Sun. CNC 3: Tiberium Wars. CNC 4: Kane's Final Resolution. Fits quite well! *sarcasm*

The noobs are just angry that they didn't win, basically. ;)

On a side note, after reading an explanation for it, I didn't think "Tiberium Wars" was that horrible of a name. It's like "Wars for/on Tiberium." It doesn't even have to be the adjective form to make sense. May not be THE BEST TITLE IN HISTORY, but I wasn't too bothered with it.

Anyway, here's to hoping that CNC 4 lives up to it's subtitle!

The vampiric Twilight movie is kind of popular? I don't know, I never heard of that until now. And besides, I'm asking some of you, when did that Twilight movie got its Twilight name and how it becomes so popular?

Here's a quote from the Lion at the Den saying when the Tiberian Twilight name was created, and the answer is 1999.

I would just like to add that Brett Sperry mentioned the name Tiberian Twilight as the working title of the C&C game that was to follow Tiberian Sun. In fact, here's a quote from Brett during an interview in 1999.

Brett: "The next game, Tiberian Twilight - which, incidentally, is just a working title - will lead into another C&C title further down the road to close off the story."

Link to original quote:

http://www.gamespot.com/features/btg-tsun/page12.html

To the Youtube noobs out there, that name has been reserved in our minds already, what are you going to do, arm yourself with silver bullets (Oh wait, that's for werewolves) or hammer & nails to kill us? Just let that controversy goes, adding the name Tiberian Twilight name is only meant to be used for subtitle creativity and it has NOTHING to do with that vampire Twilight thingy or person. Anybody can use that twilight name including some authors who made that Twilight name for a romantic series.

Edited by Silverthorn

The noobs are just angry that they didn't win, basically. ;)

On a side note, after reading an explanation for it, I didn't think "Tiberium Wars" was that horrible of a name. It's like "Wars for/on Tiberium." It doesn't even have to be the adjective form to make sense. May not be THE BEST TITLE IN HISTORY, but I wasn't too bothered with it.

Anyway, here's to hoping that CNC 4 lives up to it's subtitle!

Feel kinda sad to see them as part of the C&C community/family isn't it?

Mind sharing with me the explanation thing you mentioned?

Mind sharing with me the explanation thing you mentioned?

He did:

"Wars for/on Tiberium." It doesn't even have to be the adjective form to make sense.

I mean yeah it works, but all 4 wars (including C&C4)(Or 5 I guess if you include Renegade) in the Tiberian series are pretty much fought over Tiberium, which would make Tiberium Wars be a better name for a game pack that contains them all.

He did

I was hoping he would provide a citation or a link to it, not a personal opinion on it.

I'm sorry, Malevolence, I can't remember at all where I read that. It was quite a while ago, pretty much in response to all the people that thought EA knew nothing about CNC and put the noun form instead of the adjective form because they were idiots. I myself didn't quite understand it either, to be honest. But the writer of the article (or whatever it was) likened it to the "War on terror" or the "War on drugs." Similarly, he explained that "Tiberium Wars" is just another way of saying "Wars on Tiberium" (or "Wars for Tiberium").

Sorry I can't provide a link, but I honestly have no idea who wrote that.

Yeah, Tiberium Wars would probably be a better name for some complete CNC pack or something, but I'm just saying it's not illogical.

Anyway, I'm glad that we're back to naming them after various periods of the day. With Dawn, Sun, and Twilight, "Tiberium Wars" seems completely out of place, though... maybe it's like an intermission in a trilogy. The reigns passed from Westwood to EA, and they probably didn't want to end it right away with a game called Tiberian Twilight, considering it would be their first Tiberian game. Maybe CNC 3 was just more of an experiment to see how the people would react to EA making a CNC game. (Think of it, had they made CNC 3: Tiberian Twilight and made it the last Tiberian CNC, but completely ruined it, CNC fans would hate EA forever.)

Edited by Hannibal

It's still a trilogy for me. Tiberium Wars is like a crash-course to refresh the community since the long hiatus. Besides the story plot in TW has minimal significance, nothing really that important actually except for that alien tower, if you think back at it.

From the equation:

Nothing + (Nod Strikes Back) + (GDI fights back) - (Nod Strikes Fail) + (Boyle's Ion Cannon) + (Scrin Invasion) - (Scrin Invasion Fail) - (GDI saves the day but fail last tower)+ (Alien Tower) - (Boyle = Fail) = C&C3 TW.

Dissecting the plot:

+ (Nod Strikes Back) - (Nod Strikes Fail) = Nothing.

+ (GDI fights back) - (GDI saves the day but fail last tower) = Nothing.

+ (Boyle's Ion Cannon) - (Boyle = Fail) = Nothing.

+ (Scrin Invasion) - (Scrin Invasion Fail) = Nothing.

Overall, what's left, the alien tower. That's about it. :(

Edited by Malevolence

I understand your logic, but the introduction of Aliens is still a significant event...

BTW Nod fails in every game (well except KW) so failing doens't count!