Sign in to follow this  
Gben

Wireless Gaming in your Car?

Did you see this?

Wireless Internet Coming to New Ford Vehicles

At the Consumer Electronics Expo today Ford announced that it plans to add Wi-Fi connectivity in its vehicles, starting this year. The new technology, dubbed MyFord Touch, takes advantage of the second-generation SYNC system, giving passengers the ability to connect to the Internet while in the vehicle. The new system features two ways to connect to the Internet. First, you can hook up a mobile broadband modem to the vehicle's USB port, which sends a secure wireless signal throughout the car. The new system also has an eight-inch touch-screen built into the dashboard for Internet browsing while parked. MyFord Touch is expected to roll out later this year in new Lincoln and Mercury models.

lan-possible-with-new-fords-20100107112218314.jpg

EDITOR TYLER COMMENT:

Tyler says: With a secure wireless signal throughout the car, road trips could turn into the ultimate DS/PSP tournament (it's just too bad the driver has to be left out of the fun). Or, along with the Old Smokey, ice chests full of beer and lawn chairs, the wireless signal could allow deathmatch LAN parties to tie into the tradition of tailgating. Just imagine a group of older drunk dudes huddled around a SUV, eating ribs and playing Modern Warfare 2 before game time. Sounds like a good time to me (expect for the whole eating ribs thing -- yuck!).

I love the idea of a LAN-Road-Trip!

... seriously? This is about the stupidest thing ever.

This just elevates Internet addiction to a new ****ing level.

This just elevates Internet addiction to a new ****ing level.

You didn't expect it to fade away, did you? The internet is here now and it will only become more predominate, not less so. Someday everyone will wear computers like a wrist watch and have full internet access from anywhere anytime.

Whether it's a good thing or not is surely questionable, but it is an inevitable future we have set into motion.

I want my Internet in my sunglasses please.

Well I'm sure there will be some customization available. If there is sufficient demand for sunglass computers, they will make them. B)