Sign in to follow this  
Gben

ModDB - Mod the Year 2009 Winners Announced

Winners of the ModDB "Mod of the Year 2009" were recently announced. Renegade-X, the Unreal Engine TC, received a nomination for best multiplayer's mod in the editor's choice. Twin projects from Bluehell Productions, Red Alert: A Path Beyond & Red Alert 2: Apocalypse Rising from the original Renegade engine, were giving honourable mentions in the players choice category of Best Indie Game. In the countdown to the Players Choice Mod of the Year, Zero Hour's C&C Shockwave placed 9th in Mod of the year, and Renegade-X picked up a second award by placing 5th in this category as well.

moty_2009_250px.png

As a reminder: any Indie game or Mod must place higher than it has in previous years and must have had a significant update in 2009 in order to qualify: otherwise an honourable mention is given. For those interested here are the winners:

Editors Choice Players Choice

Look out in the coming days for some exclusive interviews conducted with all twenty mods who made it to the top 100. They should begin to arrive before Kane's Wrath 1.03 patch!

Kane's Wrath 1.03 patch

wth is that? did i miss something? when a 1.03 kw patch was announced?

wth is that? did i miss something? when a 1.03 kw patch was announced?

I think it's a joke...

Yeah just gben making a joke :) What he means we have some special feature interviews with many of the C&C related mods from the awards. They will be posted, unlike the KW 1.03 patch that never materialised.

* Best Upcoming Mod - Naruto: Naiteki Kensie

I'm pretty sure I know the guys making this mod. They're my classmates.

* Best Multiplayer Mod - Mechwarrior: Living Legends

HOLY FREAKING CRAP THEY RELEASED?!!?!?!!!?? I stopped checking MWLL for updates in October or something! Must get now!!

Oh right and yay for that mod I'm working on getting #5 and a nomination and stuff. :P

Unfortunately we weren't techically eligible to actually "win" this time around; we had Cold Fusion come out 11th hour basically as it was, having forgotten the MOTY as a focus. I think we also need to score *first place* to win again. Edited by Chronojam

damn, I was hopeing Ren-X would win. But, I must say, that mech warrior game looks AWESOME. I'm gonna try it! :D

damn, I was hopeing Ren-X would win. But, I must say, that mech warrior game looks AWESOME. I'm gonna try it! :D

Top 5 two years in a row is good enough for me :thumbsup:

Hey I forgot to congratulate everyone... congrats!

I was really pleased to see a wide variety of mods make the final nominations and players choice... not just filled with half life zombie clones! ;)

I guess competition rules help in some cases...

Forget about the KW Patch 1.03, Gben. You haven't forgotten about the KW Mod SDK that can change it all when it will be released. :rolleyes:

Even Renegade-X winded up in fourth place for the Mod of the Year award.

Edited by purplescrin