Sign in to follow this  
neogrant

1.03 issues

Just to confirm, when using the lan patch wsock32.dll with XWIS, there becomes serious connection issues, including recons, black screens etc. Will this be fixed in 1.04?

Edited by neogrant

The library would have to be removed to fix this, so perhaps i rewrite TS to just load Scorpio's library for network games.

That would work, but what can be done for RA2?

I belive that we were disscusing the possibility of a new TFD Launcher, that had seperate buttons for LAN games......

Indeed yes, but new buttons on the launcher menu is pretty cluttering in my opinion. I can not touch RA2 or YR, not my call, and doing so will increase the chance of a problem if the user applies the Ares project to the game.

wasn't the last idea to make the game option on the TFD menu launch a small program that just has 2 buttons, which basically said "LAN compatible" and "internet compatible", and added or removed the DLL accordingly and then started the game?

wasn't the last idea to make the game option on the TFD menu launch a small program that just has 2 buttons, which basically said "LAN compatible" and "internet compatible", and added or removed the DLL accordingly and then started the game?

That sounds like a good idea.

It appears as though in RA the French still fire 10% slower and that England has 10% less armor. Is this an issue I can manually fix in TFD files or will it need to be patch in 1.04?

It appears as though in RA the French still fire 10% slower and that England has 10% less armor. Is this an issue I can manually fix in TFD files or will it need to be patch in 1.04?

It is related with Red Alert. Not TFD.

Anyway, i really don't see the point there... it is just the attributes of the contries side.