Any idea as to what this file does? It's contained in the REDALERT.MIX/LOCAL.MIX file, and has an extremely interesting looking chart sort of thing in it (when viewed with the proper text formatting).

Attached is a largish pic with the correct formatting so's you can see what I'm refering to.

Interesting, eh? :)

post-5428-1280677470_thumb.png

Edited by Rich Nagel

This string file was for the sand box version of the game that they developed and tested from. Its mostly options that are of no use to anyone other than programmers and all these routines and options are never found in any of the releases.

This string file was for the sand box version of the game that they developed and tested from. Its mostly options that are of no use to anyone other than programmers and all these routines and options are never found in any of the releases.

Thanks for the info, that's sort of what I figured. Heh, sure wish I had a copy of their debug version (RA as well as original C&C) <grin> :)

Honestly, it would be more use to me and Nyerguds for researching internal values and class properties, no information would be usable for standard players for even modders.

But ill give you some more information;

The "tables" you see there where actually drawn out on a monochrome monitor that was attached to the machines that was used for debugging. The top strings are for a debug menu that is still in C&C95 and RA95 releases, but is very fragile to use.

But ill give you some more information;

The "tables" you see there where actually drawn out on a monochrome monitor that was attached to the machines that was used for debugging. The top strings are for a debug menu that is still in C&C95 and RA95 releases, but is very fragile to use.

That's pretty interesting :) Do you know if they had a single machine (with the mono monitor) running the debug version, or was it networked to another that was actually running the game? Nevertheless, that's pretty neat.

Adam Isgreen said each debug machine had a PCI card installed that the little monochrome attached onto. Nothing special, black background and green or white text.