Sign in to follow this  
PurpleGaga27

Technology's Biggest Myths

http://www.pcworld.com/article/203732/tech...gest_myths.html

I might have agreed with most of them except:

1) It's outrageous to say that the Desktop PC is dying. If that's so, so is PC gaming. Laptops may save energy but are easily fragile and can be a pain on getting and buying more of those rechargeable batteries due to their limited shell life. As for desktop PCs, they last longer than laptops.

2) It's still true that Internet Explorer is less secure than most other browsers today because the latest versions of IE are not only slower to run (especially on tabs) but also like Google Chrome, Microsoft places a hidden spyware rootkit in your hard drive that cannot be removed by spyware programs, leaving to a higher vulnerability to intrusion attacks. Security may have improved on IE7 and IE8 but I still find them unreliable which is why I don't use them very much. IE6 and lower versions are more less secure.

3) Overclocking a PC's processor won't make your computer blow up? Sure latest protections on preventing the CPU blow up can be useful but the longer you use overclocking, it's more likely there will be some data corruption which affects the hard drive and the CPU and I have experienced that before.

As for you users, do you believe if those myths are true, dubious or outrageous?

Edited by purplescrin

Dekstop PC may die out in the business sector, but not in the Gaming and Design (i know this myself, designer aye...) is far from it as desktop stations have more power to do said tasks, aswell as being worth the money when needing to upgrade a particlular peice of hardware.

PC Desktop is not possible to die at this point of time at all. Those mobility devices (netbooks, laptops, i(Insert name here), smartphones etc) can never perform as well as a desktop in every way possible.

None of those were actually all that interesting actually...

3) Overclocking a PC's processor won't make your computer blow up? Sure latest protections on preventing the CPU blow up can be useful but the longer you use overclocking, it's more likely there will be some data corruption which affects the hard drive and the CPU and I have experienced that before.

I hate it when it comes to my overheated CPU :flame: