Sign in to follow this  
Mad Cat

How do I downgrade my ZH to 1.02 TFD-wise?

Heya, I realize this may not be the right forum spot to post this thread so feel free to add it in the right threads. Anyways I am looking to see how I can depatch my ZH to 1.02 since I recently got this very kickass mod called Kill Everyone and it GREATLY ENHANCES ZH very much, truly! ^_^ Unfortunatly I realized there was crashing errors whenever I built the upgraded Marauder Tank for GLA that can now have infantry fight inside of it and a new unit called Scout which is a new unarmed unit for GLA that can spot stealth units but unfortunatly whenever I build these my ZH crashes and I relooked the readme for KE and I now realize it says that it mainly is needed to run on the 1.02 version of ZH and i'm wondering if I can depatch it to 1.02 with my TFD. I hope so as this mod is so damn badass indeed...! ^-^ I would greatly appreciate it if anyone can help me out with this. :)

Just uninstall Zero Hour, then reinstall it.

Just uninstall Zero Hour, then reinstall it.

Might wanna delete the folder, too.

But here's what I heard though, the TFD version of ZH goes already patched to 1.04 once TFD is installed so you can see how that's a roadblock there. D:

You'll have one hell of a time searching for the 1.02 patch. Everyone has 1.04. Maybe if you ask EA...

On second thought, ask Johnnyxp64. He always thought the last version of ZH is 1.02. Maybe he can help.

TFD comes with 1.04 preinstalled. I dunno why a mod would require ZH 1.02 as most mods use 1.04...

Well it says in the readme of KE (this is a direct extraction of the text of what it says it needs to run on ZH) "This modification will ONLY run on C&C Generals ZH, patched to version 1.02" so if only one could make a ZH 1.04 version of the mod I don't see how else it can be depatched to 1.02 for TFD ZH, oh well. :( Thanks for the support though everyone, I mean it. :)

Edited by Mad Cat

A bit late in posting this. If you still need the 1.02 patch for Zero Hour you will find here ftp://ftp.ea.com/pub/eapacific/generals/g...oadablePatches/, just pick your language, or use the link below for the English patch.

Direct Download: ftp://ftp.ea.com/pub/eapacific/generals/g...102-english.exe (English)

The thing is the patch probably won't install if 1.04 is already installed. Some patch installers won't install an old patch version over a newer one.

MOST patches won't, in fact :P

Hmmm... I might help. I can install the 1.02 patch on my 1.00 copy and make a self-extractor containing the edited files.

I doubt that'll work since TFD's version is a no-cd, AND the game has registry information too.

I doubt that'll work since TFD's version is a no-cd, AND the game has registry information too.

Why would a physical file contradict registries when patched?

As for No-CD's... pirates would usually crack the game .exe to remove the copy protection and game.dat to make it playable without a CD. Patching the game doesn't change the .exe so, as it seems to me, he could run it, but with the TFD disc in the drive.

Why would a physical file contradict registries when patched?

The game might act odd if its registry information doesn't match the actual exe version. Don't think so though, but it might.

As for No-CD's... pirates would usually crack the game .exe to remove the copy protection and game.dat to make it playable without a CD.

I don't see your point in mentioning this... I'm just saying all TFD games already ARE full no-cd hard disk installs. None of them actually read game data from the TFD DVD.

Patching the game doesn't change the .exe so, as it seems to me, he could run it, but with the TFD disc in the drive.

You're wrong, in sooo many ways. Changing the exe is EXACTLY what the patching does, the TFD version is already NoCD while the original ZH version 1.02 obviously isn't, and the TFD disk doesn't act as ZH disk at all.

All games in TFD are full hard disk installs, but all games above RA1 have an extra system built onto their exe to make them check for the TFD DVD. They don't use it in any way though. They just check if you got it.

A normal ZH exe won't see the TFD DVD as valid disk. You'll need to nocd crack it to make it work.

The game might act odd if its registry information doesn't match the actual exe version. Don't think so though, but it might.

I see the keyword is might. Why not try it?

Changing the exe is EXACTLY what the patching does

Nonsense. I know that if you put a cracked .exe ONLY (not game.dat) of the version 1.00, and then patch it to 1.04, it will still work. Generals and post-Generals games have the .exe only to run the .dat or .skudef files, they're not programmed like the classics. If you put a cracked 1.00 game.dat and then try patching it to 1.04, it won't work, as it will not be recognized by the patch program.

I'll try installing 1.02 over 1.04 myself and I'll tell you what happens.

newsflash... the .dat is the ACTUAL exe file. I'm obviously not taking about that silly little launcher. It's never changed.

Thanks so much for helping me out you guys, I really do appreciate it and i'm sure other TFDers will as well and I mean it. :) Also i'm just clarifying that I do indeed have the TFD installer disc (non-pirated) yet I have the TFD-103 rev 4 patch so I don't need the stupid TFD disc inserted to run ZH and whatnot plus it also runs the movies/cutscenes that are cut from the automatic TFD installation including C&C TD and RA. XP I would gladly uninstall it and reinstall it so that it would revert back to ol' 1.04 but I need a way to change it to 1.02 so KE will run properly as the marauder and scout bugs still remain and it crashes everytime it is built by either the AI or human player and even when it pre-exists on a certain map(s) so yeah. I would LOVE to use KE as it seems the final chinese mission of ZH won't run on most popular mods including ZH Reborn which kicks major ass but if I found out how to revert my ZH to 1.02 i'm sure KE would run on ZH perfectly as I can see why it doesn't work for the final chinese mission as there is Marauder tanks that pre-exist in the starting cutscene that makes KE crash every time I load the auto-save for the final chinese mission but if ZH were patched to 1.02 i'm sure KE would run all perfectly, even on the final chinese mission. ^^ I can wait for as long as you possibly need to have time to search for a possible TFD ZH 1.02 patcher of some sort that can work, truly. Again, thanks so much you guys, no lie. :)

Edited by Mad Cat