Sign in to follow this  
PurpleGaga27

Deus Ex virtual memory error

I highly doubt if anyone has attempted to fix this issue in all recent versions of Windows (after Windows 98). No matter if I installed this on Windows XP, Vista and 7, the error shows up. The error shows up whenever I started a new game or load a save file or playing the intro trailer. Now I thought that virtual memory error might have happened on when videos cannot be loaded on some maps that uses videos. (same applies to save files)

It doesn't matter if I did increase the virtual memory in Windows XP, Vista or 7 (as well as clearing registry), the error still shows up. The error also affected add-on mods as well including the recent "The Nameless Mod".

Screenshot example:

Problem.jpg

There's only one person in the Deus Ex community currently attempting to fix as many bug issues to repair and so far only the partial issues have been fixed, but not including the virtual memory fix because it wasn't discussed yet.

When I find this error referenced, it's usually accompanied by The Nameless Mod. I'm going to say the mod is part of the problem since people are removing it and having DX work fine again. The only other suggestion I've found is to set your page file to static so it's one size at all times.

This may sound crazy, but have you tried decreasing the virtual memory? Some old games think that if you have 1 GB of RAM, that it's actually 1 MB RAM.

You guys are a bit late for answers as I already got the issue solved thanks to Kentie (the guy who tweaked Deus Ex with resolution fixing) who gave me a fixed texture file to correct the crash error.