Sign in to follow this  
PurpleGaga27

Deus Ex 3: Human Revolution

Is anyone buying this next awesome FPS/RPG game, perhaps with either an Augmented or Collector's Edition? As for me I might, but not until the cost goes down. I recently read in Metacritic where the reviews are highly positive. Although better than Deus Ex Invisible War, this game might be as better as the original Deus Ex. I highly doubt if there's DRM in this SP game, but so far, I haven't officially heard of this game that must be played via Steam or other Internet program.

I loved the first Deus Ex as one of my favorite games. The best mod so far for that game is The Nameless Mod, which earned a 2009 Moddb Editor's Choice award for the 2009 mod of the year. And it gets even better, Deus Ex now has many new enhanced modifications to improve the game such as New Vision, HDCP, DX fixes, Shifter, Deus Ex Enhanced, the game loader fix and the unofficial bug patches.

Update 10/21/2013: Deus Ex: Human Revolution will have a Director's Cut available to all consoles (including PC) October 25th:

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/10/11/deus-ex-human-revolution-directors-cut-pricing-announced-is-cheaper-if-you-already-own-the-game/?utm_source=fb&utm_medium=emp

I can't believe the small upgrade ain't free if you owned the game and now the game's over two years old. C'mon Eidos.

Edited by zocom7

I'm getting the regular edition on Thursday, but it comes with the 'Explosive mission pack' DLC free, so ya for me. :)

Here's a spoiler free review. Sounds pretty good, I should try this out when I'm free... which is christmas season?...(yup) lol.

Guest Stevie_K
I could have gotten it at midnight, but I can't afford it. :(

Same for me. Except I don't care about it.

This was a very interesting clip prior to the release of the game. Non-spoilery, pretty fascinating I must say.

It kinds of bring you to the topic of certain social, science, ethics debate etc. Cool stuff. Hope to see more future games with such a good storyline. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Meh. OnLive sucks anyway, and if the coupons were added without prior consent, Gamestop has every right to promote itself over its competitor. Sort of the laws of ****ing business. Besides, who gives a ****? If you bought it for the PC, you bought it for the PC, not ****ing OnLive. Come to think of it, **** OnLive.

Gee, who needs OnLive? Deus Ex 3 doesn't have multiplayer, so what's the point of having that cloud computing service? I knew that Gamestop was looking for competition there with their own cloud computing service.

Edited by zocom7

Their service is still being tested to make sure it's worth it (it's probably not). However, it's entirely logical to promote yourself over a competitor. Business isn't friendly bull****; it really is a cutthroat world where your job is to look out for number one. Besides, if you ran a business and had a product that directly competed with another, would you promote the competitor? I should ****in' hope not.

True, but Gamestop doesn't produce anything, they're simply the middle man in the transaction, piss off the developer/publisher enough, and you're find no games for you to sell. Besides all these retails chains are going to die off within the next decade anyway with all the digital platforms popping up everywhere.

But enough about Gamestop and their polices. Back to Deus Ex, played a little bit last night, controls were a little ****ed up till I changed em' round. Still a little weird moving from FPS to TPS all the time... But its growing on me. :)

That boss fight isn't that bad, you just throw a few EMP grenades and its over in ten seconds. But I'll agree it felt a little out of place that boss fight after everything you'd come up against before it. I mean in the first game you could run past some bosses. :P

I'm not quite sure how that is going to work, apparently it takes place during that time frame when you're on the boat. My impression was he was just asleep for three days...

But meh, me wantie. ^_^

I hadn't actually seen half of those take downs. I always went non lethal, faster and much more silent.

Oh and how you're meant to beat the 'final' boss.

SPOILERS!

Those Horribad Deus Ex: Human Revolution Boss Battles Were Outsourced

A month after release, popular opinion holds firm that Deus Ex: Human Revolution was a well-made game. And yet one niggling flaw stands out, an issue that has been highlighted in countless blog posts, tweets, and video game forums. Those accursed boss battles.

They were, in a word, bad. As I played the game for the first time, I was surprised at their inclusion—not because boss battles are inherently problematic (that's a topic for another day), but because they just… didn't fit. Unlike the rest of the game, there was no nuance to them—just Adam Jensen vs. one of a number of pissed-off, charging bullet-sponges.

I figured out how to beat all of the first three easily enough (in order: Grenades, Wall-Vision, Wall-Vision), but still their presence lingers on in my memory of the game. Why were they in there are all? And why did they feel so totally different from the pleasurable sneaking, exploring, and conversation that made up the rest of Human Revolution?

Those Horribad Deus Ex: Human Revolution Boss Battles Were OutsourcedAs it turns out, those boss battles weren't designed at Eidos Montreal, they were outsourced to a studio called Grip Entertainment. In the video above, Grip's head Paul Kruszewski talks about the process of crafting the boss encounters, from gun-arm Barrett to silent robo stealth-chick to the "boss conversation" at the end of the game's first level.

It certainly sounds from the interview as though Kruszewski took their contribution to the game seriously, despite being a "shooter guy" without a ton of knowledge of the Deus Ex series.

The boss battles really weren't a huge problem for me; they were over quickly enough that I really didn't mind. But I remain surprised that Kruszewski, for all his talk of staying true to the freedom at the heart of Deus Ex, would create such inflexible encounters. There was no way to sneak up on Barrett, or talk him out of trying to kill me, or nonlethally take him out. It was just me, him, and a bunch of explosives.

Making a AAA game has never required more manpower than it does now, and it's not a surprise that Eidos would need to get some outside help to get Deus Ex: Human Revolution completed and shipped.

But while Grip's boss battles are indeed a bummer, at least Eidos didn't outsource something more vital. I mean, can you imagine what would have happened if they'd had a separate studio handle the air-ducts? Yikes.

http://kotaku.com/5841910/those-horribad-d...were-outsourced

Edited by Malevolence

There’s a slightly odd fad going around the internet at the moment involving Deus Ex: Human Revolution and killing people with fridges.

After unlocking the strength augmentation that allows players to pick up damn near any heavy object in the game – almost anything becomes a one hit killing machine. The internets weapon of choice? The humble household refrigerator.

Eidos Montreal have taken it upon themselves to put stop to this odd phenomenon and address it quickly with their up and coming “The Missing Link” DLC.

The Missing Link DLC’s latest trailer shows that even without fridges – you can still have an insane amount of fun with Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

The Missing Link will be released in October for Xbox 360, PS3 and PC.

www.gamebreakers.co/2011/09/deus-ex-human-revolution-the-missing-fridges-dlc/

New update in the first post.

Who's getting the Director's Cut?

As for me, out of the question. I paid $30 USD for this and will not pay an extra $10-15 for The Missing Link and the Director's Cut DLC, if only I wished for an enhanced expansion pack that has add-on mod support in which Eidos should have equipped with.

Edited by zocom7

They're two years too late I'm afraid. ;)

Looks like Deus Ex: The Fall has a possible release date next week for the PC version:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/25/is-deus-ex-the-fall-coming-to-steam

and

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/02/25/deus-ex-the-fall-pc-release-date/

Something tells me that The Fall resembles Deus Ex 3's second expansion pack DLC after The Missing Link.

Also by next week, I hope that the short movie of Moe Charif's Deus Ex Human Revolution movie will come up by then.

Edited by zocom7

I just found out by most reviewers the PC game of Deus Ex: The Fall was a terrible port from the iOS/Android version. Basically the title should be renamed to Deus Ex: The Fail, because that title is the fall of the Deus Ex series. Wrong gameplay, terrible character models, terrible voicing and the graphics are not over par from Human Revolution.

I hope this similarity doesn't fail when Popcap's Plants vs. Zombies 2 is released to the PC.