Launch Base isn't working with Ares. My mods run with Ares deactivated, but not with it activated.

It said I was missing the VisualC++ 2008 Redistributable Package, which I was, but now it keeps saying it even after I acquired the package.

Did Ares mods work before? :huh:

I've never used Ares up to this point.

Yes.

The Mircosoft download site says:

Supported Operating Systems: Windows 2000 Service Pack 4, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows XP

I have Windows 7, which is not listed there...

Can Ares only work with the 2008 package?

Run Launchbase, click on the Tools Tab, tamper around a bit (not important what), click OK and an Ares tab will appear, meaning that LB is properly configured.

Are you running it in Advanced mode? (Might sound silly, but did you open EVERY tab in LB)?

I have 7 and I run Ares without any trouble whatsoever. When you say it's not working, what exactly happens? I need more than what you're giving us. A screencap will be helpful. While you're at it, double check that the VC2008 Redist installed on your PC, and that it's the right version (32-bit vs 64-bit). This can be done through the Add/Remove Programs wizard. Shortcut appwiz.cpl from the Run box.

You might try running the standalone package as a test. It could just be LB cocking up.

Screenshot:

LBError.jpg

It appears that Ares tab Plokite_Wolf was talking about finally appeared.

I know it is installed, I removed/reinstalled it multiple times.

I downloaded the other version and it makes no difference.

How do you run stand alone Ares without LB? I've actually already got the stand alone version stuffed away in my modding tools folder.

Reinstall Launchbase and back up any mods you created. Repeat my tampering-with-options routine.

Screenshot:

LBError.jpg

It appears that Ares tab Plokite_Wolf was talking about finally appeared.

I know it is installed, I removed/reinstalled it multiple times.

I downloaded the other version and it makes no difference.

How do you run stand alone Ares without LB? I've actually already got the stand alone version stuffed away in my modding tools folder.

Have you put Syringe.exe in the Launch Base/Resource?

*facepalm*

Syringe.exe already IS in Launchbase.

Ares stand alone does not work either. A black Dos-ish window appears for a moment, then disappears and... nothing.

VCR.jpg

Currently I have both versions of the 2008 package, but during this fiasco, I've had even conceivable combination of 2008s and 2010s at one point or another.

Hi,

have you tried to run LB or the RunAres.bat as admin? It is possible this is a permission problem.

If Syringe or YR is set to require admin privileges, it cannot be launched by programs that do not run as admin. Usually batch files don't, and by default LB doesn't require admin rights, either.

If this does not work, do you have by any chance something like the Commodo (sp?) firewall installed? It's known to cause problems.

Edited by AlexB

have you tried to run LB or the RunAres.bat as admin? It is possible this is a permission problem.

That seems to have done it.

I was going to try that sooner, but then forgot. :blush:

But if it isn't supposed to require it, why does it?

That actually makes sense because of their behavior. I have LB set to run as an admin, but not my Ares launch script. Then again, I wrote my own a long time ago.

Oh, and Nmenth, you seem to be lacking in the VC2008 department (though it doesn't seem to have an effect).

This is what mine looks like:

post-422-1317035788_thumb.png

I had all of those originally, I deleted them during this process.

I remember getting that same error on VQA encoder. Oddly enough, in my case, uninstalling and reinstalling my video codecs pack fixed it. Not sure what the relation is.