Sign in to follow this  
Orange

Homing Artillery TS

my artillery keeps missing moving targets, how can you edit it to behave as in unpatched TS?

*edit: when i change ROT for the projectile Ballistic from 0 to anything else the artillery can't fire anymore. tried this on a clean INI.

Edited by Orange

You do of course realize they fixed it for a good reason, right?

Ballistic effects more than just the Artillery. What you need to do is use a missile-based projectile so you can use ROT properly. If you have Arcing=yes on a projectile, ROT breaks it afaik, Comment out Arcing=yes and slap ROT=100 on there. This may very well completely alter the behavior so it may not work as you really want.

I copy/paste the Retro stats from its rules.ini into mine, Artillery is now accurate ^_^ with:

[ballistic]
High=yes
Image=120MM
Arcing=true
Inaccurate=yes

:banghead:

Guest Dreamcaseal

You do of course realize they fixed it for a good reason, right?

If he's talking about how the Firestorm expansion artillery behaves compared to vanilla Tiberian Sun then it's highly debatable if it fixed the gameplay in TS. Lots of people find Firestorm's changes to be less fun than vanilla TS. IE, less infantry from selling structures making you more vulnerable to infantry rushes and aircraft taking damage when shooting bridges. Artillery missing units that can fire while moving is annoying especially.