Sign in to follow this  
Orange

about TS using aifs.ini

Its me again and i come with a new question. I made a aifs.ini with new teams including the new units but can't get the game to use the new aifs.ini and failed inserting it into expand01.mix.

The aifs.ini should be error free, all i did was edit the team load out as in:

[096473E0-G]
Name=3 disruptors
0=3,SONIC
1=3,MutantMilitia
2=3,MutantSergeantGDI
3=3,MutantShtgn  <-- used the identifier
Group=-1

also can i edit the clean firestorm ini within a mix with xcc editor to just copy paste my changes?

finally will tibed use my ini or overwrite it with its own default when applying a tibed mod and if not can i just save the tibed mod in something else than a tib file and how?

If you're trying to edit the AI, you have to make sure 1=3,SOMETHING matches what you have in the rules. It's probably not working because either the AI can't get the unit or it's not being read. If you want to use it properly, you need to create expand02.mix.

after i runned TS with the new aifs it isn't in the directory anymore or all stats changed back to default. to test i made another one where i included nothing new and just doubled the unit amount e.g. 6,SONIC 8,TTNK etc.

how do i create expand02.mix? sry couldn't find it out with xcc editor, stupid stupid me.

how do i create expand02.mix? sry couldn't find it out with xcc editor, stupid stupid me.

Um, in XCC Mixer, tried "File" -> "New"?

thanks :) i have meanwhile read the tutorial on PPM and half of their entire forum. now i think my question was really stupid should have done more research. i apologize.

well, seeing as "XCC Editor" is a C&C1 map editor, it's pretty obvious you couldn't have done it with that. :P

XCC Mix Editor could do it though.

Mind you, there's an odd (probably registry-related) bug in XCC Mix Editor that greys out the New button on some systems. But you can get around that simply by copying some existing mixfile, opening that, and clearing its contents before adding your own.