Sign in to follow this  
trunkskgb

Funny Generals Reference

So my friend sends me this random YouTube link of a promotional video for WWE (which I don't watch anymore lol), he tells me to watch and pay attention when the video hits around 2:12 on the timer, so I do and I was like...WTF, Generals...in WWE? Really? Usually they just have punk or rock music playing, but to actually take a song from a video game? I enjoyed it. :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=819S_tRUU8Y

That's why WWE wrestlers get picked for acting nowadays. Because that's all they really do. They act. It's all just drama for the camera.

But yeah, C&C3 and Generals music has often been used in trailers, documentaries (lots of alien documentaries have C&C3 music) promos and ads. I even remember an M&M ad back a few years ago had a USA Generals track.

*cougheveryoneexceptmaybethemostobliviouspersonontheinternetakazocom7akapurplescrinalreadyknowsthatcough*

Whew, quite a cough there, must be coming down with something...

I saw some trailer or ad on TV in the last couple of days that used some music from RA3... funny I had forgotten until I read this thread.

Guest Stevie_K

The TV show Border Patrol New Zealand used an old TS track in a clip a few days ago.I had some kind of deja vu, until I realized where I had heard that distinct track.

Its becoming a more common thing over the past couple years. I've heard more C&C music used in other TV shows many times. Just the other day the Scream Awards 2011 screened here http://www.spike.com/events/scream-awards-2011/, in one clip they used a sample of Act on Instinct from Kane's Wrath.

I wonder if EA had licensed the use of their music from their games to be used by others.