Sign in to follow this  
Doctor Destiny

Paranoia - The Real Thing

Here we go. The real thing... this is where the action is.

Participants:

Nmenth - Vardøger

Zee Hypnotist - Tim Redman

Luk3us - Vasic

kamuixmod - Yuri Gregorov

Inferno - Mr. Eko

Jehal - Herbert R. Blitzfitss Lissie

The rules are simple. There are no items unless I say so, all room descriptions run through me along with the challenges and I have the final say on deaths. Be specific with some of your actions and descriptions. I will explain the rules on dying when it happens.

All of you are in a nondescript room somewhere. There are no windows, no decorations, no nothing. None of you know one another, none of you know why you're there and you have all been stripped of your belongings. Near your beds are tubes containing two perfect replicas. Some of you have been told troubling information, but all of you have been told that the government will kill anyone with a clone, and that happens to be all of you! Also, you have all been told someone has been infected with a weaponized version of smallpox but no one knows who it is, not even he who is infected.

Just for clarification, you are all in the same room.

There is a door with a switch next to it, but you don't know what lies beyond the door. The door can be opened normally but you don't know what the switch does.

Oh, and one more thing, your beds can be dismantled to make weapons!

So let's begin. And remember, the name of the game is Paranoia!

Vardøger eyes one of his companions suspiciously, an old guy in a purple scarf and holding a stuffed tortoise... It seems unlikely this guy is even remotely sane, best to carry a large stick when in the company of a madman.

Vardøger takes the suggestion of... well, someone (or something) out there that seems to be speaking in the back of his mind and disassembles one of the beds to make a weapon.

Oddly enough, he can't tell whether these beds have wooden or metal frames, his eyes must be blurry from just waking up or something. Regardless, he liberates some sort of club-like object and attaches it to his side with a sash made from bedsheet. Just in case it comes in handy later, he takes some extra cloth and tucks it into his shirt.

Mr. Eko studies everyone carefully for the first 15 minutes, not saying a damn thing. Then, suddenly, he rips off a "leg" of the bed in one go, displaying his immense physical strength. He holds this new weapon like it was a stick.

He uses the edges of the bed and starts carving symbols onto the "stick", though only he seems to know what they mean.

Guest Stevie_K

Herbert R. Blitzfitss Lissie's brain is struggling, trying to recall why he is inside a room with five other men.

He becomes weary after seeing two of the men seemingly trying to disassemble some of the beds in order to make weapons. "- Who are these people? Why are the making weapons? Am I in danger?"

Herbert R. Blitzfitss Lissie already admits to himself how he might be the weakest link in terms of physique. Making the wrong move might very well be his last, so decides to keep a low profile and observe the situation for now.

Yuri Gregorov looks around and wonders how he did end up in a large box, which looked like to be created by some stupid engineers.

He moves to his Bed and tries to take a nap, however are his "room" mates quite loud with which he cant sleep so he stand up and thinks what to do.

He thought about taking his bed parts apart to build a timemachine <= possible?

The only thing the beds are good for is waking up and becoming weapons. Seems like we have ourselves a staring contest. Who's gonna accuse who? WHAT'S GONNA HAPPEN?

Vasic begrudgingly opens his eyes as he takes in his surroundings, aside from the 5 strangers and beds there is very little in the room. Then he eyes some kind of a tubes sitting on the floor. Vasic being the kind of guy who likes to horde things quickly snatches up both tubes concealing them on his person. If the others noticed his actions they don't show it, content to continue their own activities.

Vasic next attempts basic communication with the other five strangers but they all seem to busy tearing apart their beds or staring aimlessly at the walls. How he came to be here and why is a mystery, but one he is already tired of his patience already worn thin.

Growing tired of the unusual situation and serious lack of social interactions, Vasic heads towards the only door, pausing briefly to examine the switch but choosing not to touch it. Instead he cautiously turns the handle of the door, before nudging the door open with his foot.

Guest Rabbit

Tim Redman starts mumbling to himself.

"Sheila... where's my eye? God damnit, who are these people?"

Tim Redman glances over and notices the door is open now. He walks over to it, standing on the side of Vasic that allows him to see him with his only eye. He says nothing to Vasic, but stares, and starts to mumble to himself. Only the words "marshmallows," "eye," and "bible" are heard.

Vardøger watches one of the other men try stuffing his clones into his pockets. The poor man is hallucinating... another loose psychiatric patient.

Then the last one starts mumbling about keeping his eye on the marshmallow in his bible or some such gibberish. It seems Vardøger has been placed into a room filled with crazy people.

He glances down at the piece of bed strapped to his side... maybe the insanity is contagious... nevertheless, he isn't about to walk around disarmed with these strange associates as company.

That switch on the wall catches his attention. Switches were meant to be flipped, but everyone seemed somewhat leary of the thing. Vardøger takes at closer look at the device to see whether it can be opened so he can see where the wires lead if it is electric, or perhaps what the gears do if it is mechanical.

The door opens without any trouble and it leads to a hallway that goes in two directions. One direction leads to a door and the other leads to a laser field. Just so happens that button turns off the field, but only while it's being pressed. And there's nothing to press it down but one of you! Who ya gonna trust?

Vasic turns around glaring at Vardøger before inspecting this obvious vagrant, Vasic deduces the man hasn't showered in at least a week the stink permeating throughout the small room. Glancing at the old man beside him mumbling nonsense Vasic enters the corridor, staying away from the laser field instead walking towards the other door. Though staying away from it as he leans against the wall.

Intent on seeing what the rest of the ramble will do next.

Vardøger watches one of the other men try stuffing his clones into his pockets. The poor man is hallucinating... another loose psychiatric patient

OK, I miss read that part and assumed something else :P So... SHUT UP. ^_^

kamuixmod notices some of the men opening a door and sees a halfway.

Kamuixmod stands up and walks slowly to the halfway to see, that there is a laser field and checks its output Power and comes to the result. its OVER 9000mw, which is capable to devide any biological molekuls

Guest Stevie_K

Even so shortly after what couldn't even be called a proper introduction, he already knew that not everyone in this room was to his likings.

Although Herbert had in mind to stay in the back and fade in with the paint, he admitted to himself that he might be of some use.

Herbert with a lowered voice, spoke up and made it clear to the other men, that whatever hides behind the lethal laser, is something that someone won't let anyone of us have easily. However, there could be other theories to it.

Despite the circumstances, Herbert found this situation too surreal to be remotely paranoid or scared just yet.

Herbert volunteered to flip the switch and turn off the laser while the man in the corridor (Vasic) goes to see what's back there.

But would he do it? Would he trust an old man not to flip it on the second he is in the reach of the lethal lasers?

Mr. Eko continues to carve the symbols with his stick, periodically watching over to see what everyone was doing. Until suddenly, his interest is sparked when Vasic decides to enter the door. For doing so, Mr. Eko feels Vasic is somewhat more trustable. As he reaches out his hand, he introduces himself. "Hello, I am Eko Tunde, but people call me Mr. Eko."

As the first introduction has gone by (of which he never suspected to be the first to initiate), he is eager to check out the two choices at the end of the hallway. One laser field and another door. He ends up pondering his next move, when suddenly Herbert volunteers to flip the switch. Despite the fact that Mr. Eko doesn't say anything during the the discussion that follows shortly after, the especially observant may catch a glimpse of distrust towards him.

Kamuixmod sees the Laser Field going offline in front of him and looks, who turned the switch and sees Vasic and Herbert.

As Vasic and Herbert move forward into the Hallway, Kamuixmod notices something sticky on the switch and looks closer to it. It looks like some kind of sticky glue like liquid. Kamuixmod goes to his bed and takes a small part of it, to detach the liquid glue like thing and goes to his Clone things and brings his Clone in contact with the thing. However, nothing happens.

uh oh. The lasers reactivate and scorch Vasic and Herbert. Oh no. They've both died once already. Since we've now had a death, let's explain how this works. When you die, you awaken in the same room you started with all of your memories. Your sanity resets, but you still know who killed you and how it happened.

What's gonna happen? WHAT'S GONNA GO DOWN NOW?

Guest Stevie_K

Off topic question: Aren't you only allowed to speak for your own actions, and not those of other players? If allowed, things are going to get lame pretty quickly.

Herbert wakes up in the bed. And thought for a minute, "What happened?". He wonders how it was possible for him to get scorched when he was clearly standing beside the switch, and not anywhere near the lasers.

He decides to let that fade away for now, since he when all comes to all was in the bed feeling alive again.

Herbert, quickly sees what idiocy led to this easily avoidable accident. He walks over to the Russian looking man, who had been playing around with the switch and thereby the lives of Vasic and Herbert.

He could smack the back of his hand against his face, but didn't. That's how it was done back when Herbert was at that age. But perhaps after seeing the effect at first hand, this young man (Yuri Gregorov), will use his brain before he gambles with other peoples lives. He didn't seem to do it on purpose after all.

kamuixmod: im sorry for the mistake, however there was something strange on the switch which i started to analyze. However as it seems, it looks dangerous. My Clone is kind of mutating. I dont know if it will return to its usuall state but i need to do something.

Kamuixmod goes to his bed and takes his Pillos to press with his Pillow the switch, without having his hands getting in contact with the liquid glue thing on the switch.

Off topic question: Aren't you only allowed to speak for your own actions, and not those of other players? If allowed, things are going to get lame pretty quickly.

I'm the GM. I say what happens when players do certain things.

Guest Stevie_K

I'm the GM. I say what happens when players do certain things.

Didnt mean you. That was pretty obvious. Meant the "players". To recap: Aren't players only allowed to dictate their own actions?

Guest Rabbit

Tim Redman looks around, noticing the fact that the men who died reappeared in the room. He smiles and says "Yippee!"

Tim Redman runs into the laser field, dying, and reappearing in his bed. He feels his face.

(DD: Does he now have two eyes, or still one missing?)

Vardøger stops examining the switch when one of his companions flips it and is fried to a charcoal briquette. Simultaneously, two clones step out of their vats, very peculiar.

Then one of the madmen yells and commits suicide. Even stranger yet...

Vardøger absently checks his club, he's surely going to need a bigger stick as long as he's in this group. Although somewhat time consuming, Vardøger goes back to his bed and attaches an array of screws to his club to form a deadly mace, then wedges a piece of metal onto the other end to form an axe. If things start to get ugly around here, no one will say he wasn't prepared.

(Objection: Yuri Gregorov is referring to himself as kamuixmod and he is finding sticky stuff on the switch you didn't say was there.)

offtopic:ups my mistake with referring.

yuri manages to shutdown the laser field after he used his pillox not to get contamined with it. however e thought about that the switch needs to be kept down to keep the lasers off and goes to vadoger

yuri: vadoger i need ur help. i need you to keep down the switch. however use ur pillox not to get in direct contact with the switch, where the toxic sticky thing is on

uh oh. Zee's died once. Suicide... oh my.

Also, there's nothing on the switch. You just need to press it down and the laser field shuts off. Three of you are down a life already and you haven't made it out of the first room. Oh my.

(DD: Does he now have two eyes, or still one missing?)

Everything resets to 'normal.'