Sign in to follow this  
TheBlackOut

Megaupload & Kim Dotcom

So, considering this is CNCNZ after all, wonder what's some of y'all natives opinion's about the happenings regarding Megaupload and the whole Kim Dotcom affair. :P Personally, even though Kim ain't the greatest of the guys, he's pretty entertaining and

I've been following this ordeal for quite a bit and just read this little piece and I gotta say, at least there's some hope in this.

Here's an excerpt:

In an appellate judicial ruling at the New Zealand High Court, a judge ruled Thursday that the FBI must allow Kim Dotcom, the founder of the now-shuttered Megaupload site, to see more evidence against him in his extradition case to the United States. The ruling marks a significant blow to the American efforts to get Dotcom extradited to the US.

Following the January 2012 over-the-top raid on his New Zealand mansion, the German-Finnish dual citizen has been charged in the United States with various counts of copyright infringement and money laundering—charges he has emphatically denied. A Virginia-based grand jury has already been convened, where it awaits Dotcom’s extradition.

You Kiwis already are putting up with that 3 strikes bull****, so at least you're sticking it to us Americans at least ;)

The way this was conducted and done though, I really hope this fails and Kim remains safe. Especially when in some cases, like this one from the UK, resulted in a conviction.. :/

Not really surprised by this sort of news, but pretty soon Rapidshare, Mediafire and some others will all go down the drain into doom by any government knowing of any wrongdoing.

Yeah its been on the news on and off for a while now, going by the sounds of it the cops really ****ed things up. Bad warrants, terrible communication and just basically typical police incompetence. Add in all the morons running around with guns and you have so much potential for a **** storm.

Meh, this will probably drag out for years.

I hope it doesn't and they find that everything was done illegally. I want someone to show the US that they can't **** with whoever please just because they feel like it.

• Upvote 2

I hope it doesn't and they find that everything was done illegally. I want someone to show the US that they can't **** with whoever please just because they feel like it.

Yes, very much that. Although the U.S. definitely isn't the only country who needs a reality check.

Edited by Inferno

I remember when Kim Dotcom opened Mega two years ago: http://forums.cncnz.com/topic/17402-megaupload-returns-next-month/?hl=megaupload

Sorry to bump this old thread, but after years of fighting the lawsuits, Kim Dotcom is now officially broke :mellow: :

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2472793,00.asp

and

http://www.9news.com.au/world/2014/11/27/02/50/kim-dotcom-claims-he-is-broke-facing-new-zealand-jail

Oh, yikes. Mega.co.nz could very soon be in limbo once again.

Edited by zocom7

He's run out of money defending himself from extradition. He hasn't even faced the actual charges the US have bought against him.

So yeah, he's screwed. :nod:

Only good thing that came out of this was he exposed how useless our cops can be when it comes to following procedure, they act like cowboys sometimes.