Sign in to follow this  
PurpleGaga27

Please get rid of reputation points

I don't think this is working out well especially for new users, just to see which users like someone's posts or not. Even now I got -10 reputation points stating that my ranking is poor instead of neutral (I guess I lost my ego), thanks to one user I know that keeps on ranking my posts. Most other CNC forums I knew no longer uses this feature.

Even Sonic used to post this that he didn't support it back then: http://forums.cncnz.com/topic/5620-point-system/#entry82933

Well Sonic, if this was 2006, I would not be supporting it either until now. The only thing to keep is the star rating on a started thread.

• Downvote 2

Stop posting stupid stuff and your reputation will stop going down.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Guest Rabbit

Yeah, Zocom7, your negative reputation has nothing to do with new users. In the past ten downvotes, it's been a number of people who have been here for at least a year, in most cases several years. It has everything to do with your post content.

Yeah, Zocom7, your negative reputation has nothing to do with new users. In the past ten downvotes, it's been a number of people who have been here for at least a year, in most cases several years. It has everything to do with your post content.

While agreeing with you on that point, I struggled lately with my posting.

Even Sonic used to post this that he didn't support it back then:

http://forums.cncnz....tem/#entry82933

Well Sonic, if this was 2006, I would not be supporting it either until now. The only thing to keep is the star rating on a started thread.

Back then the forums never had any sort of rep system. There was heaps of things the forums didn't have back then now that I think about it. We have it now because its part of news software and we have adapted with times. Its like Facebook, I personally think its total waste of time but embrace it for the benefit of our audience.

Just a short time ago I wanted to change the rep system from positive/negative points back to the "Like" system, but the rest of the staff didn't want to change it. Basically out voting me.

So to answer your question, no the rep system will not be taken away. Like others have said, learn to post better zocom7, rather than posting stuff all the time and calling it "epic" :P

• Upvote 1

May I ask - what's the point of this? Is anyone really lean on those "Reputation Points"? If so, he has huge personal problems. For me end of topic.

Edited by Traymen

Guest I Agree

It's a neat little forum feature that adds to the posts and such here. For the most part, people enjoy voting on things, and it's only the people who get an extreme number of downvotes who feel the whole system should be removed, or those who feel it is being abused in some way.

We all voted in the staff section to keep the upvotes and downvotes, and frankly, I think the system is fine how it is, because if you're getting downvotes, it means something about what you're posting.

With that in mind, the decision has already been made. So, yeah, this topic is closed.