Sign in to follow this  
Aircraftkiller

C&C 3D Prints

If you've ever wanted C&C memorabilia, check out my shop on Shapeways.

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/synaesthesia

There's a variety of materials to choose from. Everything is as accurate as I can make it within the confines of 3D printing technology. If you have a request for anything, let me know. I have a large catalog of models I've created over the years and I'm slowly converting them into printable objects. I figured I'd start with the logos first, since they're more simplistic than a model like my Mammoth Tank. Plus, I can't really imagine having it as a necklace, although someone might like it. ;-)

Let me know what you think.

• Upvote 2

Not bad at all. :thumbsup:

Ban for advertising on our forum ;) Only joking.

But seriously, and I mean no disrespect when I say this. Your selling this stuff? How legal is this. I mean those logos are copyrighted trademarks owned by EA. You are reproducing them for profit. That can't be legal can it?

Meh, it's EA's fault they never put their rights to a type of use this awesome other than extremely rare badges for TD-RA2 and again at RA3 :P

I don't know what the legality of it is. If EA has an issue, I'm sure they'll let me know. Judging by the rest of the other items I've seen on Shapeways, such as Assassin's Creed, Star Trek, Batman, et al. I don't think anyone cares. My wife sells Journey scarves from the PS3 game and Sony is aware of it - they don't care, yet. I suppose I could always drive over to the EA offices here in Orlando and just ask sometime. ;-)

Regardless, if you guys want anything made, let me know. I've got a big collection of models I can put up and I'm not averse to creating new ones. The Nod pendant you see in my shop was created in a few hours on request. The Soviet pendant was created by request, as well. Shapeways supports 3D models with textures, so I imagine I could get this printed as a model:

mammoth.jpg

Edited by Aircraftkiller

Guest Stevie_K

Ban for advertising on our forum ;) Only joking.

But seriously, and I mean no disrespect when I say this. Your selling this stuff? How legal is this. I mean those logos are copyrighted trademarks owned by EA. You are reproducing them for profit. That can't be legal can it?

I think the advertising value of people using/wearing/showing these things is great. Too good for me to bother about copyright if I was in EA's shoes. But if you get a noticeable profit, you might receive a mail sooner or later.

Edited by Stevie_K

Doesn't seem like anyone cares about C&C merchandise.

Not at those prices anyway.

It's the nature of the beast. 3D printing is still somewhat expensive. There are alternative materials you can print in. For example, the Soviet logo prints in alumide for $10 and in steel for $25. There's very little markup. I don't put them up for much more than the base cost of printing.

I haven't sold a thing yet. Doesn't seem like anyone cares about C&C merchandise. Perhaps this is why EA doesn't really sell it.

Were you expecting us here to buy that stuff? I'm a C&C fan and your designs look great but I wouldn't be caught dead wear anything like that. But that's just me. Perhaps others feel the same way.