Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

Star Trek: Into Darkness

So who has seen the new Star Trek: Into Darkness? Decided to go and see it tonight. I though it was great. A worthy follow up to JJ Abrams first Star Trek.

lI9T0jR.png

idTSYsz.jpg

And it wasn't over the top with the lens flare effect, I think it was toned down based on the first one.

It's scheduled to come in about a week where I live. I will definitely watch it, but I don't believe it will be good at all. ST:XI has already done more than enough damage to the Star Trek lore and, judging by Into Darkness trailers that I've seen, this won't go well either. TNG/DS9/VOY era FTW

It's scheduled to come in about a week where I live. I will definitely watch it, but I don't believe it will be good at all. ST:XI has already done more than enough damage to the Star Trek lore and, judging by Into Darkness trailers that I've seen, this won't go well either. TNG/DS9/VOY era FTW

Come on, give the movie a chance. I value all of the ST series' and have a personal DVD collection that fills a whole closet shelf and I still enjoyed the last movie. Can't wait to see what they put into this one.

Destroying Vulcan and making another damn reboot in a sea of such attempts is not what I'd call an ideal return to the series, especially now that the crap called ST: Enterprise seems to be the only valid canon element in the series (not like it didn't have lore errors to begin with already...)

Saw this last week... solid film... but disapointing for lack or originality/freshness/new ideas.

I LOVED JJ's first ST (except for Erica Bana's character and resolution), but this felt flat in comparison. I loved the reboot, I liked how it reset the whole ST universe giving us opportunities to see old things in a new an exciting way... so while uhuru/spock hookup was a thrilling revelation... the wrath of khan major plot point reversal just felt like a cheap shot.

I think ST is best when it's man v aliens, and worst when it's man v man. Because in Gene's vision - mankind is supposed to have grown up - and be beyond these petty things.

(I don't personally believe this will ever be true - but this is science FICTION and I'm going with it!)

My ST2 rating: wait for the dvd/blu-ray - you won't miss out.

Finally went to see it last night. The storyline is superb and the actors (especially Cumberbatch) were great...

<INCOMING RANT WITH SPOILERS>

...but the guys that decided to redesign the Klingons and use DS9 runabouts as TOS shuttlecraft should be forbidden access to the franchise for an indefinite period of time. And what's with pulse cannons, I thought even the TOS Enterprise had phaser beams?