Sign in to follow this  
PurpleGaga27

Any of you still read magazine(s) in print?

I used to love reading some good magazines from PC World to PC Gamer. But nowadays companies decided to take the magazine print versions out of the market to save money and depend on digital e-books via third-party software/website. People would rather read articles from websites and not read from an e-book even if any content is exclusive there. The value of reading an e-book from the Internet is not as worth as the one that is printed.

PC World is the latest magazine to go on a bold change starting next month, several years after PC Magazine went fully digital. I have been reading PC World magazines in print since subscribed in June 1999; and in about two months my last subscription will expire (since I am tired of news involving an overrated Windows 8 and the tablet/smartphone blowout). Although I never read e-books in tablets/smartphones but oftentimes on a PC in a PDF format, the problem with the PC World change has disappointed most of the subscribers who still loved to read in print and not used to reading e-books in PCs and/or small devices.

I also had been once a PC Gamer magazine reader for one year in 2000 until I decided to read the gaming news and its content from its website (and I still do occasionally).

Just wondering if some of you are still reading magazines in print.

Edited by zocom7

No, in the past I did but unfortunately the cost for a yearly subscription was too high when online news was becoming more prominent. I'd rather spend my money on something else.

I used to have a subscription to the awesome PC Powerplay. But that was years ago, now I just get my information from the internet.

Guest Rabbit

I have a subscription to Reptiles magazine.

Used to read magazines here on a very frequent basis. Now, there is only one remaining gaming-related magazine where I live and I only buy it if I see a good topic or game coverage.

Guest Stevie_K

Used to have subscription for Science Illustrated and Amnesty International. Never had a subscription for a pc/game magazine though.