Sign in to follow this  
Plok

13 Years of Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2

Yesterday marked the 13th anniversary of the release of Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2. Released by Westwood Pacific on 26 October 2000, Red Alert 2 was the direct sequel to the Allied campaign of the first Red Alert. With 24 missions, 12 for each side, it was somewhat shorter than the previous games in the series, but that did not make it any less interesting or fun to play. Its unorthodox universe design is one of the key factors which makes players play it time and time again. Giant mind-controlled squids, bomber-zeppelins, king-size Tesla Coils... you name it, Red Alert 2 has it.

bi0Ga9a.jpg

Its sold copies were counted in millions, its player base always held multiplayer matches and tournaments, and is constantly brought back to life thanks to an amazingly large modding community. To this day, Red Alert 2 remained one of the most popular Command & Conquer games and no matter what the new game(s) will look like, it will be played and modified, along with its hit expansion, Yuri's Revenge.

How will you remember Red Alert 2? Share your thoughts and memories with us in this thread.

13 years? Oh dear, I am getting old!

Loved the game so much. Even if the cutscenes made my computer at the time sound like an air plane!

26 october was Petrogyph anniversary (10 years) also

how the trailer smoother than the actual cutscene i Played.....is there any chance to smooth it??

Smooth it?:confused: That's how they looked in the game as far a I can remember. Been years since I've seen them though.

26 october was Petrogyph anniversary (10 years) also

And in that 10 year span what have they produced? Nothing that great I'm sorry to say. Empire at War had some success but only because it had the Star Wars brand slapped on it. Everything else they have made has been nothing but a blip on the gaming radar. Hopefully now people understand that Petroglyph are not Westwood Studios reincarnated.

Agreed, ten years for nothing. EaW was good but only space battles for me.

how the trailer smoother than the actual cutscene i Played.....is there any chance to smooth it??

That's because this trailer was ripped from the Collector's Edition bonus DVD. The ingame cutscenes have been encoded using RAD Video Tools, resulting in a smaller framerate, minor quality loss and stripes seen when something/someone moves too fast.